Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

I'm sure you have answered this. What would be a good restraunt to eat at or does anyone deliver near the Hyatt place North for next Friday nigh?. We are landing in FLL around 730 p. We are a family of 4Thanks Carolyn

DoughBoys pizzeria delivers.

Restaurants within 2 blocks:

Outback Steakhouse

Chuck's Steakhouse & salad bar

Kelly's Landing new england seafood

Quarterdeck burgers & casual food

Grumpy Gators casual food/seafood

Carlos & Pepe's (I don't think the food is too good here)

Denny's

Hi all

What a great thread; thanks to all who have contributed...makes it so much easier for us newbies!

Sorry if this has already been asked but theres too many posts to wade thru!:D

When we disembark the Oasis, our flight back to LA is leaving FFL at 11.45am. If we were off the ship the earliest we could be and had pre checked our luggage through the cruiseline, would we have enough time to go to Las Olas Blvd or Sawgrass Mills for a short time, or would it not be worth it??

How far is it in a taxi from the port to Sawgrass Mills, then how far from here to airport?

Or is there anything close to the airport worth looking at?

What time should we check in by for a domestic flight...is one hour before enough time?

I don't know the area and am trying to work out if it's worth trying to do anything before or just get off the ship late and go straight to the airport.

Thanks guys..any suggestions would be welcome!

Cheers

Amanda

I don't golf well, but my DH will have withdrawals if he can't play for almost 3 weeks. Is there a small-ish course, that doesn't break the bank, that we might be able to get a quick round in, in the afternoon? I normally play par 3&4 holes. We'll have a free afternoon when we get to FLL.

Thanks!

Hi all

What a great thread; thanks to all who have contributed...makes it so much easier for us newbies!

When we disembark the Oasis, our flight back to LA is leaving FFL at 11.45am. If we were off the ship the earliest we could be and had pre checked our luggage through the cruiseline, would we have enough time to go to Las Olas Blvd or Sawgrass Mills for a short time, or would it not be worth it??

How far is it in a taxi from the port to Sawgrass Mills, then how far from here to airport?

What time should we check in by for a domestic flight...is one hour before enough time?

I don't know the area and am trying to work out if it's worth trying to do anything before or just get off the ship late and go straight to the airport.

Cheers

Amanda

We had a 11:10 flight out of FLL this morning, and with using self assist debarkation, we were at the airport by 8am. Things were calm at FLL when we got there, but that's probably because we were an hour or two ahead of the thousands of other people using FLL today. I was a little nervous about an earlier flight and would not have felt comfortable shopping this morning not knowing what things were like at the airport. You don't need to check in three hours ahead of time like we did, but I would definitely give yourself two hours. I've heard some horror stories about the security lines at FLL.

Hi all

Cheers

Amanda

You don't have time to do anything without risking missing your airplane. But since you asked, it is about a 22 minute ride to/from Sawgrass Mills (the port and airport are next to each other). It's all interstate driving, so that's a lot of (expensive) mileage. Las Olas is really close, but you don't have time to go because the ship could get cleared late and there could be security lines at the airport.

You don't have time to do anything without risking missing your airplane. But since you asked, it is about a 22 minute ride to/from Sawgrass Mills (the port and airport are next to each other). It's all interstate driving, so that's a lot of (expensive) mileage. Las Olas is really close, but you don't have time to go because the ship could get cleared late and there could be security lines at the airport.

Thanks Royalcruz....I thought as much.

What time should we check in by do you think?

Cheers

Amanda

I understand that on the weekend of April 23rd there is the Air & Water Show. Does anyone have any information? Where do I find out about it? Thanks

The show was cancelled due to financial issues. There was one in the Keys this weekend.

We are flying into and out of FLL but cruising out of Miami....We have a 3:15 flight home and was wondering is theres anything to do within walking distance of the Ft Lauderdale airport....thanks

No, there isn't anything.

The Oasis of the Seas departs Fort Lauderdale on Sat. 4/17/10.

Where is a good spot to watch departing ships? Anything near 17th Street?

There is a place southeast of where 17th St. curves left onto A1A. It's residential, but there is a rocky spot just where the port empties out into the ocean that I believe you can get to. You can also go to the beach and walk as far south as you can go to get to the same place.

Does anyone know if there is a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale (close to port/beach or downtown) with wahsers/dryers?? We are cruising 9 nts, then flying to FLL and will have one night precruise to laundry everything back for a 7 nt. cruise.

Southport Coin Laundry-Cleaner

1063 SE 17th St

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

I actually know where it is.... never used it but seems like what you're looking for.

1063 SE 17th St

I actually know where it is.... never used it but seems like what you're looking for.

Thanks alot!! Guess we'll find a hotel on 17th Street closeby and do laundry. I was hoping to find a hotel with washers, but this way I could do all of it at one time.

1063 SE 17th St

This is very close to Hyatt Place North FLL ( a block away).

Edited by royalcruz

We are ariving same day as our cruise. will take a taxi to the pier and would like to stop someplace on the way to pick up some wine. What is our

best option.

Publix or Total Wine in Harbor Shops at SE 17th St & Cordova Road. The north port entrance is less than a half mile away, and the Emerald Princess usually sails from just inside that entrance.

Edited by royalcruz

We are taking Amtrak into Ft. Lauderdale, and knowing Amtrak, we will probably arrive at least 3 hours late. I understand that there is a Taxi stand at or near the Amtrak station. Does anyone know if they are open 24 hours, or their name and phone number?

Thanks in advance......