distance from south beach to POM

chloes_mom

We're sailing away, I see you just went on the Valor. We are going too on 12/6/09 western caribbean. Any tips or suggestions? We are 37 & 40, and have 4 & 7 year old girls. It's their first cruise, but we've been on several, including carnival. Never been to Belize or Roatan, though. Any tips on shore excursions? Thanks for your help!

Can anyone tell me how long it would take, and how much it would cost to take a cab from south beach to POM? Debating if it's worth the time and cost. Getting in to FLL at 3pm on Saturday, and leaving POM Sunday afternoon.

It depends on how close your hotel is to A1A. By the time you make it through all the traffic lights, cross A1A and the Macarthur Causeway, make it through several more lights and over to the drop-off location of the pier, expect the ride to be 15-20 minutes.

Thank you for all your help. When you're talking 10 or 15-20 minutes, is that including if you hit traffic? And would traffic be bad on a Sunday afternoon or Saturday evening around 5PM?

Traffic is very bad going IN to South Beach at those times. MacArthur Causeway in particular gets backed up for a long way. BUT if you're coming in from FLL there are other ways to go that are less congested. I-95 to the Julia Tuttle won't be quite as bad, but there can still be delays.

I take it you're cruise is leaving from Port of Miami on a Sunday? Perhaps you're different, but I want to get onboard before noon, if that's the case you won't have a major traffic problem leaving South Beach, it usually doesn't get too bad leaving until later in the afternoon. Depending on where your hotel is it can take anywhere from 15-30 minutes under normal circumstances.

South Beach is well worth staying in. There are so many nice hotels, so many wonderful restaurants and shops, it's the best place in South Florida to stay!

Yeah, we're coming in from FLL, and probably taking a shuttle into Miami. Then we're departing from POM. I would like to be on board as soon as possible, but I don't think you can get on before noon (tell me if I'm wrong). Now, if I can just get a good deal on a hotel in South Beach! Thanks for your help!

Yeah, we're coming in from FLL, and probably taking a shuttle into Miami. Then we're departing from POM. I would like to be on board as soon as possible, but I don't think you can get on before noon (tell me if I'm wrong). Now, if I can just get a good deal on a hotel in South Beach! Thanks for your help!

I'm almost always on before noon... Under normal circumstances (no Customs/Immigration or baggage delays with the departing passengers) they start embarkation by 11-11:30am ;)

South Beach has hotels for all price ranges. There are some spectacular new ones, some are old but beautifully remodeled/restored like new, some however are old, unrestored, and well, OLD! :eek: Make sure you know what you're getting so there are no surprises. ;)

South Beach has hotels for all price ranges. There are some spectacular new ones, some are old but beautifully remodeled/restored like new, some however are old, unrestored, and well, OLD! :eek: Make sure you know what you're getting so there are no surprises. ;)

Where's the best place to look for info and deals? We'd love to stay in SB for 2 nights before our cruise, but I'm afraid we're going to get spring break pricing and it may put us out of the SB price range.

Archived