Room Service

micbooth

You'll get tons of responses. Many people like to way over tip. I think $2 to $3 is fine.

Very true about the tons of responses, however, as for the "many people liek to way over tip" portion, that, is subjective to each person and to what is ordered. What one may see as an over tip, others may see as an under tip.

In each case of ordering from room service, the tip was based on the time of day I had placed the order and the amount of food I was getting. Trust me, 2 teenagers at 2 am in the morning can really scarf down the food, then add 2 adults to that same order, that room service attendant had their hands full with that order and deserved every bit of the tip they got.

On our cruise, September 2008 - Hurricane Ike Conquest Cruise - I got a bit seasick on Tuesday (passing Ike) and my husband ordered ginger ale for me. He tipped $5 for 3 cans of soda. Some may consider that to have been a bit extreme but I was sick and it helped my stomach. In my opinion, it was priceless!!!!!

For us, it depended alot on how much we ordered and how many it was for. If it was just coffee and a sandwich for 2 then we tipped $2. If there were 4 of us eating then $4. If it was just coffee, nothing else, which seldom happened, then $1.

It comes down to what you think the service is worth to you. I enjoy room service, especially late at night (2am) and tended to tip a bit more at that time as well.

I completely agree and tip similarly, although, I'm normally snoozing at 2am. I would tip more if I was ordering in the wee hours.

Originally Posted by golfadj viewpost.gif

So what is the penalty for hijacking a thread?

I don't consider it hijacking. I read the OP, didn't know the answer but it made me think about expanding the question for myself and others. Sry to offend you!

Not offended but after you expand the thread someone else will also do it. Than the moderator will pull the plug on an interesting thread.

Why not just start your own thread?

Can anyone tell me if the tipping ($10 day per person) is reduced for 3rd/4th passengers in a room. Last year when we cruised the amount for the 3rd/4th passengers (children) was reduced. This year we are on Carnival and I'm not sure what the policy is there.

We always cruise 3 to a cabin, and the tip is not reduced for the 3rd passenger in a room. Nor, do I think it should be. Our "3rd person" gets the same service as the 1st and 2nd passenger in the cabin. We do, however, get a slight discount in our cruise fare for being 3 to one cabin. A very slight discount.

Archived