Live from PG 1/29

twin123185

Having a great time despite some hiccups. More another time.

We were delayed a day, have lost a port, weather so so - sun but crazy wind and shop rocking and many are seasick. Food great BUT lunch not as good as last time on ship. Only notice the decor changes when I look at old pics. Crew couldnt be friendlier and many remember us from 2 years ago. First port tomorrow, can't wait.

More soon.

Larry

Oh no!!! I would totally understand if you are disappointed. I know safety is the first issue. That is almost the most important thing, but that does not mean that you are happy about missing two ports. We are doing the Cook's Island cruise, and we know that often, the ports are missed due weather. We are prepared to miss too if weather is an issue. Gives us another reason to cruise again. However, the crew on the ship is the best afloat, in my opinion. I am sure they are taking care of you. Hope the rocking of the ship has eased and people are finding their sea legs. Are the crew doing anything different with you with all this extra time?

Crew fine but now have lost Tonga, Tahaa and half a day in Bora Bora.

A revolt might be brewing. Lots of angry people.

Only to be in FP for 2 days. Motu day is awesome and to lose that stinks.

Should never take as long from New Caledonia to Vanuatu as we are taking.

Many feel we are being bull****ted a bit too much.

More when I know more.

Larry

This must be very disappointing. I see this is a big trip from Sydney. I've always been reluctant to even think about this type of itinerary since the Paul Gauguin has a shallow draft and I suspect not terribly suited for the open ocean (although we did the Marquesas trip and had calm seas almost the entire trip.)

Nobody can predict the weather. I'm sure they are scrambling to try to make the itinerary adjustments that are possible. All you can do is hang on and enjoy the ride.

Oh dear, we feel for you! We had such a wonderful cruise last year, I was seriously keen on this itinerary but it did not fit with our family holidays.

We have just completed a Celebrity Century cruise around NZ and across the Tasman and although great fun, the South Pacific weather has been far from kind.

From Fiji, to PNG, to Aust and NZ, it has been tough going this summer it seems.

Do keep us posted.

Oh dear, we feel for you! We had such a wonderful cruise last year, I was seriously keen on this itinerary but it did not fit with our family holidays.

We have just completed a Celebrity Century cruise around NZ and across the Tasman and although great fun, the South Pacific weather has been far from kind.

From Fiji, to PNG, to Aust and NZ, it has been tough going this summer it seems.

Do keep us posted.

The Regent Voyager was stuck in 100 knot winds earlier this week off NZ. I guess that weather is really a problem!

The Regent Voyager was stuck in 100 knot winds earlier this week off NZ. I guess that weather is really a problem!

Yes indeed, MotuIslander, and I just noticed this ...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/6367304/Kiwis-crash-out-of-global-yacht-race

Ross Field is one of NZ's toughest yachtsmen and if he is pulling out, it must be bad!! :eek:

Anyway, twin's updates are very interesting ... from use of internet on previous cruises, I'm sure we all know that time is money and I am very impressed with the way relatively few words are managing to convey the atmosphere on the cruise! Almost like the Cruise Critic version of twitter :D

Keep 'em coming, twin, and hope it is plain sailing from here ..

• 2 weeks later...

Archived