I know it's frivolous, but...

Familygoboston

I have to share my excitement! I got my documents yesterday! A big fat leather portfolio of fun stuff to read!

We are so excited (and so in need of this vacation after a very hectic Ecuador Galapagos trip last week!:rolleyes:) and I felt I needed to say thank you to so many of you. I feel like over the last year and half that I've been planning this trip, so many of you have been a terrific help with reviews and the regulars who respond so quickly with advice! Thank you all!

All that's left to do is go and enjoy, and thanks to the wisdom here, I feel like I have the insiders track even though we are brand new to PG! (I reserve the right to post panicky questions up until embarkation though;))

We are looking forward to our trip and I promise a detailed review with lots of photos (DH's favorite hobby) and my opinions:D

Thanks everyone!

I have to share my excitement! I got my documents yesterday!

Thanks everyone!

How exciting! We all KNOW how much you will enjoy it!

When you catch the PG flu (trust me, you will), please feel free to join us when we sail again next summer (or probably the summer after that!)!

~Motu

We fly from Toronto so no different from you. However, we have settled on a compromise of every other year. Hoping to like Tere Moana so that it will be every other year to the caribbean and we will be all set for our winter holidays ( usually).

My guess is you will want to show your kids such beauty next and then it all starts with that decision to return.....

We fly from Toronto so no different from you. However, we have settled on a compromise of every other year. Hoping to like Tere Moana so that it will be every other year to the caribbean and we will be all set for our winter holidays ( usually).

My guess is you will want to show your kids such beauty next and then it all starts with that decision to return.....

We are also keeping an eye on that idea! We have Adventure tentatively booked for Dec 2013, but we can easily change that if we like PG well enough. I didn't want to book TM without having sailed PG first, although, Im sure it will be wonderful, I'd like to get the past pax discount if we decide to sail TM;)

If you book onboard you can double dip in terms of discounts.

Also its worthwhile for you to get the AMEX Plat in case you dont have it to get all the OBCs etc.

I'm curious - does Amex platinum give you some kind of extra perk with a PG booking? I used to have one, gave it up when I didn't feel like the membership fee was worth what I was getting out of the card.

Oh, I LOVED the day our documents arrived! So exciting!! And one step closer. So jealous, and I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Thanks Claire's mom...will absolutely be doing a review with DHs photos. It usually takes a couple of weeks for him to get all the photos processed and uploaded,but it's one of the things I enjoy doing...reading reviews before and and writing them afterwards!

Great Family,

We will look forward to your reviews. I love reading them but seldom write them. Though I have done day by day reviews as the ship was moving so to speak.

IMO best reviewer on the boards is Mighty Quinn. She holds your attention throughout but at the same time gives all the hard facts. She has a lovely way with words. Red ribbon - first in class for Mighty!

It gives you $300 OBC on most luxury lines. Also some OBC on other lines as well.

Wow - that adds up! Can you book through your TA to get the OBC or only through Amex?

I apologize for taking this thread off topic.

Wow - that adds up! Can you book through your TA to get the OBC or only through Amex?

I apologize for taking this thread off topic.

NP- It was already a frivolous thread;)

Actually, we've been mulling an Amex ourselves...we ran into the problem with transaction fees Amex wont!

We book with our agents and they get a tracking number from AMEX.

Last year I found out that the AMEX Plat credit was refundable on the PG. This was great as we have done a lot of the excursions already and already had a substantial OBC.

We also like the lounge use with the Plat. Priority pass is free with AMEX and you can use their lounges worldwide plus a number of other lounges.

I think the US program is even better than ours in Canada as you get a $200 use towards baggage charges meals on flights etc. You will need to read the terms.

The Plat is now $699 in Canada but so far we found it worth it.

If you get it make sure you respond to an offer that gives you a number of points ( 50,000 or so)

FYI on Crystal the credit is $550.

The credit that you will get from having the Amex Platinum Card is reported to be valid only if you pay for the entire cruise with that card. This means that if you have already put down a deposit with another card, and can't get the deposit back, it is possible you will not get the discount if you now get the card and pay the last paymetn using the card.

Most TA will give you at least a $200 OBC simply for booking with them. If yours will not than shop around.

... IMO best reviewer on the boards is Mighty Quinn. She holds your attention throughout but at the same time gives all the hard facts. She has a lovely way with words. Red ribbon - first in class for Mighty!
Ah gee shucks Emdee. Blush. :o:o

Speaking of good reads (caution OT alert) did you hear that Dogster died recently? There was a tribute to him on the Azamara forum, of all places!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1690912

Oh dear, poor Nigel ( Dogster). He had said to me that he wanted to come in January on the PG with us but then he was really ill for the longest time. A legend passes.

You will laugh at this but my DD told Larry Pimentel that he should employ dogster to write about A in his own special way! Dogster was tickled by the fact!

Sorry to be off topic everyone!

Archived