Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

I must admit I find it perplexing how anyone wishing to have a future in British politics would want to be seen as being an attendee at this event.

This chap Millipede who believes he should be our next Prime Minster and has yesterday exhorted us to not be facile and trivial and superficial and abandon gloss and shine and see him as a man of good judgement, a man of the common people and principle and evidently thought this was both the event and his support and close association with Tony Blair and the timing for him to be there with over 1000 people losing their lives to have his free meal and rub shoulders with the rich and questionable and the person seen by most as being the root cause. I think most of us cannot stomach those that say one thing, and ask of us to take a leap of trust and then attend this event. If those within the Labour party don't get this and fail to recognise what this means it could be missing the small seed of his end game. It depends on their competence.

What people currently in the UK believe that this event and this ex-PM is a good man to be associated with? :confused:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/blair-throws-surprise-60th-for-wife-cherie-invites-bobby-davro-to-perform-9631551.html

Shocking,disgraceful,the lamb was tough and there were no peas.

A foggy hello from providenya...rough seas last night and altogether in the last two days, we have gained four hours and lost a day. The effect is discombobulating to say the least.

Apparently it will take hours to clear for us to disembark into Russia.

I will probably lose the internet soon. Looking forward to reading all the missed posts on my entry back to USA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A foggy hello from providenya...rough seas last night and altogether in the last two days, we have gained four hours and lost a day. The effect is discombobulating to say the least.

Apparently it will take hours to clear for us to disembark into Russia.

I will probably lose the internet soon. Looking forward to reading all the missed posts on my entry back to USA.

Hope you're still enjoying though Spin despite all the hiccups.....any day at sea is a good day as far as I'm concerned! :D

Sophia :)

Hope you're still enjoying though Spin despite all the hiccups.....any day at sea is a good day as far as I'm concerned! :D

Sophia :)

I agree!

spinnaker, thanks for taking us with you. It sounds like an amazing trip. I hear that disembarkation can be speeded up in - ahem - "certain" countries if the ship's Captain makes available to the Immigration guys shots of certain liquors, blueberry muffins and a selection of Danish pastries. I first read about it here on the SS board and then I saw similar myself on arrival into Ho Chi Minh city in March.

I've been AWOL from posting since early March, because I was ashamed to admit that I'd forgotten to take promised food pics for Jeff. :o ;) I've been lurking regularly though.

I still can't master this photobucket business, and have noticed that I'm not the only one who struggles, but as soon as I do, I'll upload some food pics.

Jeff, we loved Singapore, and are planning a return in Dec 2015, if not before.

And with that, I'll disappear back to lurkdom.

Hello we are in quarantine, likely not to be allowed off eve n though we gave them six cases of scotch.

Apparently retribution for something. So the officers with green hats are frowning and forbidding photos of them.

More if I can later

Hello we are in quarantine, likely not to be allowed off eve n though we gave them six cases of scotch.

Apparently retribution for something. So the officers with green hats are frowning and forbidding photos of them.

More if I can later

Ain't travel broadening!

Ask for the scotch back!

:D

We are still here in providenya. Still in quarantine and not permitted to disembark. Russian guards and customs are aboard and have set up in one of the dining rooms, with their laptops. We are told we are missing paperwork, or some such thing. Meanwhile we have spent a very expensive day alongside a dock and kept on board. Very frustrating and arggghhhhh

We are still here in providenya. Still in quarantine and not permitted to disembark. Russian guards and customs are aboard and have set up in one of the dining rooms, with their laptops. We are told we are missing paperwork, or some such thing. Meanwhile we have spent a very expensive day alongside a dock and kept on board. Very frustrating and arggghhhhh

That is SO unfair Spin. Really feel for you. Trip of a lifetime. I hope it get's sorted.

I've cooked something comforting for you.

Jeff

AC41E6DE-E044-41BA-9ECA-AF6FD5DF3BEE.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

:DGood morning Coolers.

Spin- I'm sorry to read about your troubles. I hope it's been resolved now.

Jeff - the first time we went to Barbados was around 30 years ago. We stayed at a place called Tamarind Cove, quite near Sandy Lane. Very much the poor relation of course but it was so charming then. They brought breakfast to your room on bicycles. Then we returned about 10 years later and everything had changed. The hotel had lost its charm, and the island was being very heavily developed.

Intrigued by you and MW !

Our Ocado delivery has already arrived, it was scheduled for 10-11am and has quite caught us on the hop. As you'll have noticed, we have the French contingent staying with us this week and our leisurely breakfast was interrupted by Mark in the cabbage van. :D

That post was written by me, R - not N. She wont post from her ipad and apparently doesn't know how to logoff from CC. So, for future reference, I'm literate and she isn't, that's how you can tell the difference when she's sta ing here !

Edited by Nigella

Apologies for any confusion there with the logins. CC often plays up at this time of the day, the site hangs a bit, and my sister in law said she thought she'd logged off but it obviously hadn't worked. I'm sending her back to France pronto.

Joc123- re Australian medals. sigh, was twas ever thus! TBH I can't really be bothered with the Commonwealth Games and it seems to be on tv constantly.

Good morning Coolers.

Spin- I'm sorry to read about your troubles. I hope it's been resolved now.

Jeff - the first time we went to Barbados was around 30 years ago. We stayed at a place called Tamarind Cove, quite near Sandy Lane. Very much the poor relation of course but it was so charming then. They brought breakfast to your room on bicycles. Then we returned about 10 years later and everything had changed. The hotel had lost its charm, and the island was being very heavily developed.

Intrigued by you and MW !

Our Ocado delivery has already arrived, it was scheduled for 10-11am and has quite caught us on the hop. As you'll have noticed, we have the French contingent staying with us this week and our leisurely breakfast was interrupted by Mark in the cabbage van. :D

We use to walk the other way from Sandy Lane direction south along the beach to Tamarind Cove, and I personally would have stayed there in preference to Sandy Lane any day. A lovely personal hotel init's day. I liked the restaurant which use to have gas torches.

30 years ago, if you had walked north up the beach from your hotel then the next bay is Paynes Bay and Old Trees House was the main house in the bay. It was regularly rated before it was developed as one of the best beaches in the World. On a Sunday local families would come and enjoy ot, but during the week it was very quiet.

We would normally stay with our extended family in the main house for a month or so and then wifey and I would decamp to Old Trees Cottage when there was just us and the kids left - which was in the grounds of the main house. They knocked Old Trees down and built a block of expensive flats there. It's all changed and very sad but we're enormously appreciative of the lovely times we returned to Old Trees.

The barman at Sandy Lane use to teach me a new cocktail each day. We would stroll there up the beach for some evening cocktails whilst the cook at Old Trees prepared dinner. He taught me what I consider to be the definitive Planters Punch, and I then taught some of the SS barman the method over the years, and they adopted my one in preference to theirs - until the cost cutting.

Apologies for any confusion there with the logins. CC often plays up at this time of the day, the site hangs a bit, and my sister in law said she thought she'd logged off but it obviously hadn't worked. I'm sending her back to France pronto.

Don't worry, we all believe you!

Those nasty rumours that you, Nigella and Lux are all one and the same are totally rejected!

;)

Good Day Coolers......busy morning here in Yorkieland....had to take Father out to buy one of these horrid tri wheeler zimmer type contraptions...l almost bought one myself just to annoy folk! :rolleyes:

All the Barbados talk is quite exciting for me as I'll be there in November, having last been on the island way back in 1971 during my sea going days. I guess l can expect a lot of changes!! Sandy Lane has never appealed so I'm at the Coral Reef Club which l feel is rather more exclusive for my needs and is part of the SLH group which I'm used to....l like to keep in my comfort zone being on my own!

It's a quick luncheon today, nothing exciting....it's still soooo hot!!!

Sophia:)

Good Day Coolers......busy morning here in Yorkieland....had to take Father out to buy one of these horrid tri wheeler zimmer type contraptions...l almost bought one myself just to annoy folk! :rolleyes:

All the Barbados talk is quite exciting for me as I'll be there in November, having last been on the island way back in 1971 during my sea going days. I guess l can expect a lot of changes!! Sandy Lane has never appealed so I'm at the Coral Reef Club which l feel is rather more exclusive for my needs and is part of the SLH group which I'm used to....l like to keep in my comfort zone being on my own!

It's a quick luncheon today, nothing exciting....it's still soooo hot!!!

Sophia:)

As you know from your earlier visit, the more North the quieter it will be. You'll have a great time up at Porters.

We ate there once and had a really lovely romantic meal. Well it was romantic for me that is, but probably not for the wife.:o

Sophie Gal. Make an old man happy and post some piccies of you in your knitted swimming cossy when you get there. I love those old knitted swimming cossies. :)

We joke about those bleedin zither frames but most of us are just a few months awayfro one ain't we. :eek:

As you know from your earlier visit, the more North the quieter it will be. You'll have a great time up at Porters.

We ate there once and had a really lovely romantic meal. Well it was romantic for me that is, but probably not for the wife.:o

Sophie Gal. Make an old man happy and post some piccies of you in your knitted swimming cossy when you get there. I love those old knitted swimming cossies. :)

We joke about those bleedin zither frames but most of us are just a few months awayfro one ain't we. :eek:

We'd left Soton and it took us 14 days to get to Barbados....all sea days so hard work! By the time we got to the island we were all almost stir crazy!

All l can remember is that it was very quiet.

Oh l remember those old swimsuits....horrible things...used to hold the water if l recall...:cool:

S:)