Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

But they booked into the Hilton Liverpool on Tuesday and were there yesterday!

I know she is probably use to talking to complete strangers in hotel lobbies with all her family with her .... did she recognise you? How did this conversation start? WE NEED DETAILS, Spill the beans old dear! What did you talk about!

Is Elvis still in The Building?

:D

Definitely yesterday as I was at the dentist with Lady Lux in Hampstead on Tuesday and arrived at Claridges yesterday.

A trick for those that can afford it is to book the Hotel from the day before you arrive so that you can check in early if you want to and avoid the three o'clock check in rule and the aggregation of your room not being ready.

I have met them before and just said Hi,as you do in these places.

I never ask people what they are doing or where they are going.

It's rude Jeff.

Edited by Mr Luxury

Definitely yesterday as I was at the dentist with Lady Lux in Hampstead on Tuesday and arrived at Claridges yesterday.

A trick for those that can afford it is to book the Hotel from the day before you arrive so that you can check in early if you want to and avoid the three o'clock check in rule and the aggregation of your room not being ready.

It's rude Jeff.

Lux,

I think this place is taking advantage of you, old bean! It's worrying. Don't be exploited. It's not fare.

In all the hotels we use we are entitled to early check in to a suite at 8 am as entitlement and very late checkout and we're mere Royal Ambassador members at Intercontinental's -not a well known treasured high roller punter like you! I would have thought with all those daily early check outs and all those staff they'd have at least a "holding pen" for a regular punter like you without the need to buy the previous day. Sounds really bad to me,

And why are you booking rooms! Lady Lux deserves at least a Junior Suite surely! Not one of those pokey little rooms. A little ottoman at the end of the bed after the journey to the dentists in Hampstead to rest her weary gums, and whilst you are doing business at least! :eek:

And this Diana K malarkey. Not being picky, but when you said "I was chatting to them in the lobby" in your earlier post - I was getting all sweaty - and saying "hi" ain't really chatting in the lobby is it!? Unless you repeated "hi" several times and they did the same that is!

It's rude Jeff.

Well if l was staying at Claridges all summer l wouldn't expect such aggravation at all, we all know such rules are very flexible, particularly for well known guests.

Can you imagine when The Beckhams check in there....Sorry folks, suite won't be ready until three pm......I don't think so!

Whenever l stay at The Dorchester my room has been ready upon arrival at my request and at no extra charge.

Sophia :)

Well if l was staying at Claridges all summer l wouldn't expect such aggravation at all, we all know such rules are very flexible, particularly for well known guests.

Can you imagine when The Beckhams check in there....Sorry folks, suite won't be ready until three pm......I don't think so!

Whenever l stay at The Dorchester my room has been ready upon arrival at my request and at no extra charge.

Sophia Gal,

Lux is gettin' a bit confused I fear. It's his age init. Actualy he said "aggregation" not "aggravation" so perhaps he was bunkin' up with some others.

Anyway, he is losing track of time a bit and is gettin' a tad confused in the posts because on Tuesday ( the day before yesterday) he said:

I spend a lot of time at Claridges and have always had wonderful service,I will be there tomorrow afternoon for business.

But it transpires he must have already arrived and checked in 'cos he goes the day before. It's a little tip he passed on today.

:eek:

You can't arrive at Claridges on two days runnin' can you gal! And a no show is a no show. Why not stay at Clariges on Tuesday if you booked it,and were in London at the dentitsts?

And this chatting with people in Claridges whilst they are in Liverpool.

This just all sounds odd and one of of us is confused and the hint is .... I don't think it's me me. I smell a Roland Rat Gal!

;)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Sophia Gal,

Lux is gettin' a bit confused I fear. It's his age init. Actualy he said "aggregation" not "aggravation" so perhaps he was bunkin' up with some others.

Anyway, he is losing track of time a bit and is gettin' a tad confused in the posts because on Tuesday ( the day before yesterday) he said:

But it transpires he must have already arrived and checked in 'cos he goes the day before. It's a little tip he passed on today.

:eek:

You can't arrive at Claridges on two days runnin' can you gal! And a no show is a no show. Why not stay at Clariges on Tuesday if you booked it,and were in London at the dentitsts?

And this chatting with people in Claridges whilst they are in Liverpool.

This just all sounds odd and one of of us is confused and the hint is .... I don't think it's me me. I smell a Roland Rat Gal!

;)

It is all a bit confusing Jeff, but then l get confused at anything!!

Never stayed at Claridges so maybe they have different rules..:rolleyes:

I've met many famous folk during my travels around the globe but respect their privacy and wouldn't dream of stating in public where they're staying...but that's just me.

Saw that link you posted in the Echo....seems they were in the Pool....doesn't he have family that way?

It is all a bit confusing Jeff, but then l get confused at anything!!

Never stayed at Claridges so maybe they have different rules..:rolleyes:

I've met many famous folk during my travels around the globe but respect their privacy and wouldn't dream of stating in public where they're staying...but that's just me.

Saw that link you posted in the Echo....seems they were in the Pool....doesn't he have family that way?

I think his mum lives in Birkenhead.

It's just seems odd for a regular good customer to feel the need to do that.

Most places are happy to check people in early if the suite has been vacated and serviced, and normally help if notified and even more so if you are a regular. It's all about service, isn't it.

RA at IC guarantees it as a part of membership benefits and we even have 11pm checkout at IC Singapore, and in the unlikely event you are put into a holding pen whilst your suite is being prepared, the free mini bar for breakfast makes up.

The last early checkin we had at Carlton Cannes the temporary suite had three mini bars ie one in each bedroom and one in the lounge .... each with two bottles of champers. 6 bleedin bottles. Well you can imagine what happened next. Nice balcony. Sea view. Nibbles. We only intended a quick drink before we went for a wander and breakfast, but one thing led to another ..... they decided not to move us!

I think his mum lives in Birkenhead.

It's just seems odd for a regular good customer to feel the need to do that.

Most places are happy to check people in early if the suite has been vacated and serviced, and normally help if notified and even more so if you are a regular. It's all about service, isn't it.

RA at IC guarantees it as a part of membership benefits and we even have 11pm checkout at IC Singapore, and in the unlikely event you are put into a holding pen whilst your suite is being prepared, the free mini bar for breakfast makes up.

The last early checkin we had at Carlton Cannes the temporary suite had three mini bars ie one in each bedroom and one in the lounge .... each with two

bottles of champers. 6 bleedin bottles. Well you can imagine what happened next. Nice balcony. Sea view. Nibbles. We only intended a quick drink before we went for a wander and breakfast, but one thing led to another ..... they decided not to move us!

Ha Ha...my late hubby and l used to get that way....just a quick drink then three hours later...:rolleyes:

I don't have any hotel honours so to speak but I've never had a problem with either early or late check in/out. Most of the top town gaffs always email to ask ones preferences and usually honour the requests.

One time when l stayed at The Dorchester there were quite a few top celebs in residence, my daughter was with me that time and was beside herself...l just sat in the bar and carried on with my own business.....drinking martins!!! :D

Jeff,you missed the point

I said that these famous folk sometimes check in the day before to make sure the room is ready if they arrive early.money no problem.

I was not referring to me but the music couple that went to Liver bird country.

Keep up will you,you are confusing other contrary posters also.:D

I did post that on Tuesday if you check and was indeed there on Wednesday remember dentist on Tuesaday,Claridges on Wednesday,old bean.that cheap wine is taking affect,what about a week off the booze to get you back on kilter.

What was that faux meat you had for lunch anyway?

Edited by Mr Luxury

I said that these famous folk sometimes check in the day before to make sure the room is ready if they arrive early.money no problem.

I did post that on Tuesday if you check and was indeed there on Wednesday remember dentist on Tuesaday,Claridges on Wednesday,old bean.that cheap wine is taking affect,what about a week off the booze to get you back on kilter.

Well I'm no longer confused.....maybe you should read through all the posts Lux as this has already been discussed....:rolleyes:

Well I'm no longer confused.....maybe you should read through all the posts Lux as this has already been discussed....:rolleyes:

I wouldn't want to waste my time with it Sophia it gives you and Jeff something to do :D

Retirement could be a mistake if this is how it ends up

What was wrong with the chicken pie today?

Edited by Mr Luxury

I wouldn't want to waste my time with it Sophia it gives you and Jeff something to do :D

What was wrong with the chicken pie today?

Lux, my dear boy. You have obviously had a quick peek to have known that my chicken pie was crap...:rolleyes:

It was a Waitrose offering that didn't quite come up to par...l shall not be ordering it again.

I've found Jeff to be most entertaining on the cooler, his posts cheer me up and l enjoy the banter. Please do not insinuate that l have nothing better to do.

Diana Krall told you she had paid for the suite for the previous day?:confused:

It seems strange.

Mortadella Lux!

Lux, my dear boy. You have obviously had a quick peek to have known that my chicken pie was crap...:rolleyes:

It was a Waitrose offering that didn't quite come up to par...l shall not be ordering it again.

I've found Jeff to be most entertaining on the cooler, his posts cheer me up and l enjoy the banter. Please do not insinuate that l have nothing better to do.

Yes I see that Jeff does have an affect on you.

It's good to see you enjoying yourself Sophia

Shame about the pie as Jeff is a lover of the Waitrose pie,beef I think.

Good night Jeff

Sleep well

I don't think I'm in any way missing anything was simply trying to follow what you were suggesting because it seemed odd.

Most of these people have a full time PA / secretary that manages these arrangements for them. That person calls and make a booking. The hotel asks what time they are arriving. They tell them. They charge for the number of nights stayed. There would be no need to my knowledge for a competent PA to volunteer to pay for an extra night purely for an early checkin. Properties compete for famous customers, and look after them.

I have never heard of the suggestion before of a hotel demanding an extra night from a famous person. It also seems odd for a competent experienced PA/ secretary to volunteer this. I simply asked the source you heard this from. it must have come from somewhere that she specifically paid for an extra night,otherwise you wouldn't have said so. . Either she or the hotel told you this. I'm obviously both surprised she told you this, as I couldn't imagine a hotel like Claridges divulging such a thing to another customer. It seemed unlikely.

Seemed like a perfectly obvious and reasonable question ... sorry it irritated.

Yes I see that Jeff does have an affect on you.

It's good to see you enjoying yourself Sophia

Shame about the pie as Jeff is a lover of the Waitrose pie,beef I think.

I am far from amused at that last comment Mr Luxury and l do not need your sort to state such innuendo on a public forum if you please.

You do not know anything about my personal life as no one else on this forum does so l suggest you keep your comments to yourself in future and continue to amuse us all with your social life and all the high flyers you meet.

The shame here is that what is supposed to be a cooling place for us all to have a bit of a social chat has now become akin to the usual CC boards.

On that note, l wish you all a very goodnight and I apologise if l have offended anyone else other than the poster I have referred to this evening.

I don't think I'm in any way missing anything was simply trying to follow what you were suggesting because it seemed odd.

Most of these people have a full time PA / secretary that manages these arrangements for them. That person calls and make a booking. The hotel asks what time they are arriving. They tell them. They charge for the number of nights stayed. There would be no need to my knowledge for a competent PA to volunteer to pay for an extra night purely for an early checkin. Properties compete for famous customers, and look after them.

I have never heard of the suggestion before of a hotel demanding an extra night from a famous person. It also seems odd for a competent experienced PA/ secretary to volunteer this. I simply asked the source you heard this from. it must have come from somewhere that she specifically paid for an extra night,otherwise you wouldn't have said so. . Either she or the hotel told you this. I'm obviously both surprised she told you this, as I couldn't imagine a hotel like Claridges divulging such a thing to another customer. It seemed unlikely.

Seemed like a perfectly obvious and reasonable question ... sorry it irritated.

Yes Jeff famous people might get preferential treatment at a Hotel but I said for those that can afford it but not suggesting DK as I would not know her situation.

I have once paid for the night before when the Hotel was full and I wanted my room early to get some rest after a long flight,I have also seen this with friends several times and also had the aggro of not being able to get to the room earlier than the normal check in time.

I know that with all your club and card perks that you earn you might be able to get early check in but I have also been with friends who do the same as you who we're not given early check in because the Hotel was full and rooms were not cleaned and available.they were not happy to say the least.i think that was an Amex Plat perk.

So sometimes these perks might not guarantee success.

Overcast here today.

He has just taken the trouble to go back and edit the word "Rigamortis" into his post back to me.

:mad:

Goodnight Sophie Gal.

Sorry you feel you've been treated rudely and unchivalrously. You did nothing to deserve it. :(

You started it

Play nicely

The two of you were having a go at me so fair's fair.:)

As we said before you can read these posts different ways,you can't beat face to face talking can you.

I can't see any offence here.

Edited by Mr Luxury

You started it

Play nicely

The two of you were having a go at me so fair's fair.:)

As we said before you can read these posts different ways,you can't beat face to face talking can you.

I can't see any offence here.

Actually it is a shame this post compounds, as in my perception the reverse was true.

No one was rude to you. You were simply asked some reasonable questions following a number of boasts which you seemed to have found increasingly uncomfortable. As I asked direct questions, you seemingly changed your ground to accomodate each new question, and then made some rude comments to both Sophie and I it seemed to avoid answering. I always ask questions to clarify if I either don't agree, or don't understand or if I am otherwise puzzled. To get to the bottom of an issue, one asks questions. That is the courteous thing to do.

Sophie was clearly offended by your posts - as I was - and as far as I know (without your breeding ;) ) a gentleman always apologises unequivocally for any offence caused - intentional or not - rather than blame the offendee (particularly a lady) for causing the offence that was offered.

Happy to push on though.

:)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff