Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Good morning!

They are indeed Mcains French Fries done in the airfryer. They taste absolutely the same to me as McDonalds fries which are of course deep fried .....:D

I don't know whether you remember The Henry Root Letters, some wag has done the same with supermarket dishes. It's funny. I hope my link gives access to the letters.

The ready meal letters

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/public/share/sourceid/STAM_D82191

Warning: I think the link gives a one-off opportunity to read it before it invites you to subscribe to The Times.

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I risk a further sanction from Lux, but at least this was pleasently average .......... yesterday's light lunch ..... halfpenny steaks ... :)

FFD4FF78-2124-44AE-B95D-D009C19827F3.jpg

Stop carping on you grumpy old sod.

I told you how much I like your lunchtime specialities.

I can however see why you think that you might be drinking a little too much and have had a small break from the vino.

The glass that you are using with the handle on the side is for beer,a proper wine glass is somewhat smaller in size and does not have a handle:D

Stop carping on you grumpy old sod.

I told you how much I like your lunchtime specialities.

I can however see why you think that you might be drinking a little too much and have had a small break from the vino.

The glass that you are using with the handle on the side is for beer,a proper wine glass is somewhat smaller in size and does not have a handle:D

WHERE WERE YOU!!!

'Er and me were sitting outside on the steps with a bag cashews, tryin' to keep out the way of that bloke buffin' up all the brass stuff, and no bleedin' toff in a Roller turned up! Had to go off the KFC for a bit of salmonella. :(

Still some people tossed us some coins on their way out, and she managed to get rid of a few "Big Issues"

:)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

WHERE WERE YOU!!!

'Er and me were sitting outside on the steps with a bag cashews, tryin' to keep out the way of that bloke buffin' up all the brass stuff, and no bleedin' toff in a Roller turned up! Had to go off the KFC for a bit of salmonella. :(

Still some people tossed us some coins on their way out, and she managed to get rid of a few "Big Issues"

:)

We had a lovely birthday lunch for my wife.

The food and service,all great.

I can report that the carving trolley was well used today and it was gleaming

The cheese trolley had a marvellous selection of British cheese which I had a little taste of.

We both had Eggs Drumkilbo to start and both had the roast beef with massive yorkshires and very crisp potatoes.we also had leeks.

No Rolls today as we went shopping in Bond Street first and I drove myself in another car.

Thanks for posting the videos of the Goring as it gives posters a feel for what it offers.

Lovely she had a great birthday lunch. Did you go Dutch?

Yes, it's terrible when you need a leek in the middle of a meal. Age creeps up so quick.

Did you have the rib? You can't bit a nice slab of fatty Scottish Rib. :)

6FD5610A-F3BF-4360-9CC2-3A3C58ECE1F2.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

I need to enquire about those potato croquettes please Jeff. Waitrose?

I have to stop reading about all this food, I'm becoming the size of a not so small house.

Mr L and I are on the same cruise at Christmas. At this rate they'll need extra ballast or whatever it's called on the opposite side of the ship to where I am....

I need to enquire about those potato croquettes please Jeff. Waitrose?

I have to stop reading about all this food, I'm becoming the size of a not so small house.

Mr L and I are on the same cruise at Christmas. At this rate they'll need extra ballast or whatever it's called on the opposite side of the ship to where I am....

They are the new ones from Waitrose via Ocado. They are good. Hard to believe I use to make these. What a palaver. The ocado mashed potato is also good. Just as good as made although you add a nob of butter!

Hi All

Just thought I'd chime in - still visit the Cooler every day and enjoy catching up with everyone.

Love that we can all be 'serious' or 'silly'. Jeff your food pics always look so yum.

Had to cancel a cruise for Dec '15 (Ft Lauderdale to Ft Lauderdale) as Silversea changed it from 11 days to 7 and changed the departure to Costa Rica - a lot easier for us to get to Florida than Costa Rica. Not happy. Now thinking of a quick trip to London this Christmas to show my daughter an English winter.

Ayway, as I said, just saying 'hi'. Take care,

Karin

Hi All

Just thought I'd chime in - still visit the Cooler every day and enjoy catching up with everyone.

Love that we can all be 'serious' or 'silly'. Jeff your food pics always look so yum.

Had to cancel a cruise for Dec '15 (Ft Lauderdale to Ft Lauderdale) as Silversea changed it from 11 days to 7 and changed the departure to Costa Rica - a lot easier for us to get to Florida than Costa Rica. Not happy. Now thinking of a quick trip to London this Christmas to show my daughter an English winter.

Karin

Hi to you Karin :)

What a shame about your cruise, I'd be pretty pickled off with that too!

Doubt I'll be going far for Christmas, but may book lunch out this year, even if my kids come over!

Am swapping London for New York this year for the festive shopping.

Sophia :)

Hi All

Karin

Hi Karin,

Thanks for your kind words about the pics. Every time I'm about to stop ... someone says something nice about them.

How nasty of them to mess around with your cruise. Bleedin' cheek!

This will be the first December we won't be going to Vienna for the Christmas markets .... one year has to be the last and that was last year! We always normally go to at least one but that's it!

Will you go anywhere else in addition to London?

Jeff

Hi to you Karin :)

What a shame about your cruise, I'd be pretty pickled off with that too!

Doubt I'll be going far for Christmas, but may book lunch out this year, even if my kids come over!

Am swapping London for New York this year for the festive shopping.

Sophia :)

You be careful S!

You'll spend as long in the queues trying to get into NY as you will in the shops.

We do not do family Christmas lunches. The door is locked the week before and unlocked the first week in January - except to pull in Ocado orders.

Jeff

You be careful S!

You'll spend as long in the queues trying to get into NY as you will in the shops.

We do not do family Christmas lunches. The door is locked the week before and unlocked the first week in January - except to pull in Ocado orders.

Jeff

Not if l get in by helicopter...;):D

Do you insist on them wearing a uniform?

4-150x150.jpg

Of course....l like to see a man in uniform....;) my car service in NY is all booked up so one less thing to worry about when l stagger out of Bloomingdales with me baubles....:D

It's national Hot Dog week Jeff....are you flying the flag? Mac n cheese here today with a HD of course....:)

bwa ha haha !!

:D:D

good to see you back on form Jeff ;)

Yes,it's much better than being grumpy or sleepy or dopey.

What's for lunch today Jeff?

I'm having a food free day after yesterday

Edited by Mr Luxury

Of course....l like to see a man in uniform....;) my car service in NY is all booked up so one less thing to worry about when l stagger out of Bloomingdales with me baubles....:D

It's national Hot Dog week Jeff....are you flying the flag? Mac n cheese here today with a HD of course....:)

You hold on to your baubles gal ... don't let any strange American geezers in uniform make a grab for them .............. they're precious gal. Hold on to them. :eek:

Down at Seaside from Tuesday night and I am taking a few lttle virgin Bratties with me ... and I've put some of that squirty Amercian Mustard muck. They are however going into baguettes rather than those torpedo idiot things.

Today has been a daughter day with a simple no frills stir fry. I am a man with simple stirrings.

10A13076-9C5E-481B-AC88-FCDC63575D0D.jpg

You hold on to your baubles gal ... don't let any strange American geezers in uniform make a grab for them .............. they're precious gal. Hold on to them. :eek:

Down at Seaside from Tuesday night and I am taking a few lttle virgin Bratties with me ... and I've put some of that squirty Amercian Mustard muck. They are however going into baguettes rather than those torpedo idiot things.

Today has been a daughter day with a simple no frills stir fry. I am a man with simple stirrings.

10A13076-9C5E-481B-AC88-FCDC63575D0D.jpg

You're making me hungry now Jeff especially as I am not eating today.

A couple of spoonfuls of chilli oil on that would do it for me.