Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome!

UKCruiseJeff

Good Morning Cooler Colleagues :D

Once again I'm afraid I'm playing catch up and will try to read all missed posts at some point today. I've been away in France visiting my sister in law, wine superb, food superb, company superb, weather was bloody awful!

Jeff, I have Ocado bringing some battered haddock fish fingers with my delivery tomorrow, I hope I've ordered the right ones. Now need to find a decent loaf to go with them....

And then of course there is The French!

A perfect country ruined by ........

And then there is the Pooch Poo everywhere. :eek:

Ignore Lux. He has never made a sandwich. He has staff. :D

When it comes to the bread, be guided by the shape of the finger. Choose a Warburtons Soft White. Toast and leave to dry for a minute or two. Butter.

31077011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=e3c27b203447bf9ba72116465764c8f4

27546011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=3ae730e81254f1abbc74ddb7d2cbc97e

10FDE5E1-EE81-4068-AABA-A7D0C1157DF8_zpsiysppxvr.jpg

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

Well l got rather excited this morning when Waitrose actually allowed me to register, they normally kick me out once l put my postcode in....so l went through all the damn jargon and just as l clicked to order up popped the little box telling me they don't deliver here...:mad:

So I must start getting to grips with this Ocado business..:rolleyes:

Cleaners have been in this morning so I'm all spruced up again until pup starts bringing all his toys out!

Sausage and mash today with onion gravy and peas...

S:)

Well l got rather excited this morning when Waitrose actually allowed me to register, they normally kick me out once l put my postcode in....so l went through all the damn jargon and just as l clicked to order up popped the little box telling me they don't deliver here...:mad:

So I must start getting to grips with this Ocado business..:rolleyes:

Cleaners have been in this morning so I'm all spruced up again until pup starts bringing all his toys out!

Sausage and mash today with onion gravy and peas...

We have tried occasionally to use Waitrose down in Devon and they are a complete nightmare. They always picked from the front of the shelf with stuff outside the indicated promise for shelf life. Messed up the bills often forgetting to credit stuff given back to the driver as an inappropriate substitute. We gave up. You have been spared.

Apart from not being able to select substitutions like Tesco Ocado are a dream and the app is a dream to use. Refunds all completed on line and actioned promptly. Nothing has been on a supermarket shelf. Flash sales often lead to some great meals.

I provide free consultancy as usual.

What a glorious morning it is here, it's going to be a hot day!

Off to the hair salon later then the car has to go off to get new tyres, so lunch will be on the hop :rolleyes:

Spinnaker....have a fabulous trip, shall look forward to hearing all about it.

You like rubbin it in Gal, and I ain't talking Steiner rubbin it in!!!

All this stuff about haircuts. Not fair. I'm having my haircut on Friday. Not really worth bothering. Facial hair "yes". Head hair ... well .....:o

Poached salmon today with Jerseys.

No wine. Wine free for a few days.

ok you all have tempted me with the battered fish and the wine and the steak, and perhaps, only perhaps, the peas and heinz salad cream, but when i put in my zip code they told me i am out of the delivery area.

darn.

Move a bit closer and retry ...

:)

You like rubbin it in Gal, and I ain't talking Steiner rubbin it in!!!

All this stuff about haircuts. Not fair. I'm having my haircut on Friday. Not really worth bothering. Facial hair "yes". Head hair ... well .....:o

Poached salmon today with Jerseys.

No wine. Wine free for a few days.

Wine free? Good god Jeff how are you coping..;) I'm having a quick vino fix here, lunch on the hop didn't happen as l became rather pre-occupied with my local boutique sales before the hair salon...ah well one has to prioritise!

Pulled BBQ pork is in the oven now with a jacket spud and I'll chuck some slaw around it with maybe some Jack Daniels covered beans..

Just opposite my salon is a nice little bakery, nothing very special but they had a blackboard outside this morning advertising a 'Bavarian Donker'.....l had to do a double take as wicked thoughts sprang to mind...my evil twin of course..:rolleyes:

Wine free? Good god Jeff how are you coping..;) I'm having a quick vino fix here, lunch on the hop didn't happen as l became rather pre-occupied with my local boutique sales before the hair salon...ah well one has to prioritise!

Pulled BBQ pork is in the oven now with a jacket spud and I'll chuck some slaw around it with maybe some Jack Daniels covered beans..

Just opposite my salon is a nice little bakery, nothing very special but they had a blackboard outside this morning advertising a 'Bavarian Donker'.....l had to do a double take as wicked thoughts sprang to mind...my evil twin of course..:rolleyes:

I never cope well with wine-free days but I do think every so often I should do it. It makes me grumpy. :(

There was some Noily in the sauce though but it all evaporated off ....

88904912-26A8-47F1-A3EC-02CB55E1F2C5_zpspqtpp0p4.jpg

Lovely healthy lunch there Jeff, looks delicious.

We had Waitrose fish fingers. I forgot to get tartare sauce but nevertheless they were fab, and I wish I'd ordered more than one box. Will have to wait a week or so until the next delivery. Can't remember if I mentioned it, but my local Waitrose (which is quite small), doesn't stock the battered haddock ones.

We're on Argentinian Chardonnay later this evening :eek:

Lovely healthy lunch there Jeff, looks delicious.

We had Waitrose fish fingers. I forgot to get tartare sauce but nevertheless they were fab, and I wish I'd ordered more than one box. Will have to wait a week or so until the next delivery. Can't remember if I mentioned it, but my local Waitrose (which is quite small), doesn't stock the battered haddock ones.

We're on Argentinian Chardonnay later this evening :eek:

Hi,

I suggest you simply ask the Waitrose manager to get some. The battered ones are much better than the breadcrumb ones. Also I know this sounds like the east-end boy in me but get the cheap Waitrose own brand tatare sauce as there seems to be an inverse relationship between loveliness and chip-shop quality - and price with the more expensive, the blander and more tasteless.

The also do exactly the same haddock fish in batter full size fish portions. It is odd how frozen fish always seems better than fresh.

Enjoy the vinno and think of me without :(

Hi,

I suggest you simply ask the Waitrose manager to get some. The battered ones are much better than the breadcrumb ones. Also I know this sounds like the east-end boy in me but get the cheap Waitrose own brand tatare sauce as there seems to be an inverse relationship between loveliness and chip-shop quality - and price with the more expensive, the blander and more tasteless.

The also do exactly the same haddock fish in batter full size fish portions. It is odd how frozen fish always seems better than fresh.

Enjoy the vinno and think of me without :(

I'll be popping in tomorrow on my way home from work, so I'll see if I can have a word with the manager because I only do an Ocado order once a month-ish or so, and my freezer is teeny. Will also check out the Watirose tartare sauce while I'm there, assume it's the "Essential" range? I drowned our fish fingers in vinegar to make up for the lack of t. sauce ;)

Can't you make your own tartar sauce ? It's so easy and if you use sugarless relish or gherkins

Less caloric

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, but why bother?

We have the fish and chip shop ethos here and the cheap stuff you have in one is what is evocative. It takes all my self control not to serve it in newspaper.

I don't know how much tartare sauce you have on your plate but if you are concerned about calories and sugar then your portion is too big.

Ouch

No tartar sauce on plate

Nothing on plate

:-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know whether the same is happening in the US but I think we are on the verge of a "health fixation" backlash in the UK. I know that there is an obesity problem by varying degrees in the UK and US, but a lot of this seems to being open up for new debate. Basically the argument is that the health industry is making healthy people ill. Much of the research has been terrible.

I think we will see a lot of reevaluation with respect to hypertension, cholesterol and diabetes thresholds and more important the relationship between the three.

In essence healthy people are becoming too obsessed and unhealthy people too disinterested and the focus seems to much on the wrong group.

IMHO!

In essence healthy people are becoming too obsessed and unhealthy people too disinterested and the focus seems to much on the wrong group.

IMHO

Don't you think as we get older we become wiser. My paternal grandma was 108 when she died. She lived on fatty foods such as belly pork and never missed a fully fried breakfast all cooked in the same pan with the fat poured over it all....she also drank gin every night. She wasn't on cholesterol or BP tablets, she hardly ever saw a doctor and was as sharp as ever right to the end.

These days once one reaches the age of 60 the NHS pounce on us with the statins and other such 'mandatory' medication whilst baffling our brains with the usual BS. .......just my humble opinion.....Sophia :)

ok i give up on the tartar sauce, who'd a thought it would become a political issue!

gotta love the water cooler. some say drink the kool aid, but i prefer the wine.

now to more benign issues, the parsley made its appearance in the photo.

ok i give up on the tartar sauce, who'd a thought it would become a political issue!

gotta love the water cooler. some say drink the kool aid, but i prefer the wine.

now to more benign issues, the parsley made its appearance in the photo.

Take no notice of us over here Spinn, we just like to vent at times and can make an issue out of anything ;)

I hate parsley except if it's mixed with butter, cooled and then draped over a nice halibut steak....but it is good for decorating!

I prefer the wine too :D

S :)

Oh I didn't mean to upset anyone ... just going through one of those grumpy days when I am totally fed up with every day reading a contradictory conclusion about something we were told "yesterday" was something to fret about health wise. I just want them to leave us all alone!

The idea of medicating a whole population who have slightly raised cholesterol when the drugs really are damaging a great number of people was todays new bright idea! When you point out to doctors that raised cholesterol can be a good thing they get very confused.

I think the idea of making tartare sauce in order to avoid a few calories .......

Spin, you carry on making your tartare!:D

And today at least we might make progress towards a few female Bishops! At least it will be females wearing frocks!

I think it was also the middle-east stuff today that is making me so grumpy. Those poor kids. So many lives being needlessly ruined. It wasn't tartare sauce issues at all.

:(

Oh I didn't mean to upset anyone ... just going through one of those grumpy days when I am totally fed up with every day reading a contradictory conclusion about something we were told "yesterday" was something to fret about health wise. I just want them to leave us all alone!

The idea of medicating a whole population who have slightly raised cholesterol when the drugs really are damaging a great number of people was todays new bright idea! When you point out to doctors that raised cholesterol can be a good thing they get very confused.

I think the idea of making tartare sauce in order to avoid a few calories .......

And today at least we might make progress towards a few female Bishops! At least it will be females wearing frocks!

I think it was also the middle-east stuff today that is making me so grumpy. Those poor kids. So many lives being needlessly ruined. It wasn't tartare sauce issues at all.

Well ungrump forthwith...you haven't upset anyone! :rolleyes:

I have ceased looking at newspapers and indeed the news as it's all so depressing and one can't be everybody's keeper as much as we would like to be.

Nothing has changed over the years...think back to Biafra and forget the politics of today....it's not really changed much at all, just a new load of BS!

More women in the cabinet, more women Bishops.....now let's get back to tomorrow's luncheon offerings...or indeed Friday's as my first Ocada drop is happening and l am rather excited...;)

She is abandoning me today, and I still haven't decided what to eat! She is seeing Number Two Son and taking him to Wagamama for a lunch treat to give him A Good Listening To!

I might make some flat breads and find something to put in them. I have some interesting flours that beckon.

You enjoy that first Ocado. Us girls, we always remember our first, don't we! ;)

Edited by UKCruiseJeff

That's okay Jeff. Everyone is allowed a grumpy day........and for the record I agree with everything you wrote. And your salmon looked very healthy but tasty.

I find my Grumpy days tend to be on my no alcohol days as well. I wonder if it is because I am thinking clearer or I have a problem? :confused::p

specialcruisegirl enjoy your order delivery. I switch between going to the shops and if I can't be bothered dealing with the crowds ordering in. I am getting an order in today as well.

We will be having grilled King George whiting fillets with a Garden Salad served with a Pinot Grigio.

Julie

Edited by frantic36

.....now let's get back to tomorrow's luncheon offerings...or indeed Friday's as my first Ocada drop is happening and l am rather excited...

S

S.

I'm looking forward to your first delivery! Some suggestions for you to try for your first basket! Frozen fish is fresher fish ...

81891011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=e638426a374ac93ebdab69b5e5b6b26b34284011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=21735a398c78467cebee245a0fd6cb02

34996011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=30d8a5c324da755b3cee00519df31c3b

54414011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=c19696835c3db076efece6636e62de7042289011_0_640x640.jpg?identifier=33f2a013ac7c9da8904bdb113d9be189

That's okay Jeff. Everyone is allowed a grumpy day........and for the record I agree with everything you wrote. And your salmon looked very healthy but tasty.

I find my Grumpy days tend to be on my no alcohol days as well. I wonder if it is because I am thinking clearer or I have a problem? :confused::p

specialcruisegirl enjoy your order delivery. I switch between going to the shops and if I can't be bothered dealing with the crowds ordering in. I am getting an order in today as well.

We will be having grilled King George whiting fillets with a Garden Salad served with a Pinot Grigio.

Julie

Where's the chips?

Where's the peas!!

:eek: