Luminae Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner

ghstudio

Information from the top during today's chat! Luminae will serve breakfast lunch and dinner. Apparently the social media team knew the plan...it was just that no one told the ships :)

From CC Forums:

There has been a lot of conflicting information about Luminae since it was originally announced. The biggest controversy is over breakfast and lunch hours and menu. Those that have booked or are now booking suites would like clarification as to what will really be offered.

by Cruise Critic Chris 12:03 PM

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

Thanks for bringing this up. Our social media team was really dedicated to clarifying and providing info on Luminae on the forums. So, just to recap - we are offering what was originally communicated in the restaurants’ announcement – breakfast, lunch and dinner.

12:04 PM

Edited by ghstudio

Another issue re the Luminae menu was also addressed:

When 1st introduced Luminae advertised that locally sourced menu items would be offered. Is this going to be introduced in the near future?

by mary lou 5:45 PM ↑0

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

Yes, we will be introducing locally sourced items soon now that our ships are traveling in many wonderful parts of the world

5:46 PM

They were already serving breakfast, lunch and dinner in Luminae when we were on the Millennium.

We seldom made it to breakfast because they stopped serving breakfast early. When we are on vacation, we like to sleep in and do not want to have to get up early just to eat breakfast in Luminae.

The lunch menu was exactly the same on the three days that we looked at it.

We don't know whether or not they changed the lunch menu on the other days as the hours were not convenient for us (very limited lunch time) so we didn't bother to check.

But they definitely did serve breakfast, lunch and dinner.

One breakfast menu and two lunch menus. Breakfast was only open for one hour. Lunch only open for one hour. They are making it very difficult to eat their other than dinner time. Lunch menu extremely limited. Honestly if you are port intensive I would much prefer brunch as the 2 days at sea on our 10 day reflection cruise who wants to wake up and eat from 7:30am to 8:30am. Lunch was 12:00 to 1:00. Not what I would consider all that convenient. Give us brunch back on sea days...Sorry, heard they were serving only 10 people average for lunch. Seem like a waste of time to be open for 10 guests.

We were on the Equinox in April when Luminae was not open for all meals. For us it was no real issue as being in a RS we had a bigger range of other options. We did meet up with several sky suite guests, however, who were really disappointed. Several had booked Suites for the privilege of 'never having to use the buffet'. It was not so much the lack of breakfast on sea days that seemed to annoy it was port days when at lunch they had paid a premium price for a special restaurant and had the choice of the buffet, room service or paying for bistro.

Although on our next cruise I can not see us managing 3 Luminae meals a day it is nice to have the choice!

Let's hope that all the ships start providing three meals, sometimes made from local produce and that they develop more that two different lunch menus!

One breakfast menu and two lunch menus. Breakfast was only open for one hour. Lunch only open for one hour. They are making it very difficult to eat their other than dinner time. Lunch menu extremely limited. Honestly if you are port intensive I would much prefer brunch as the 2 days at sea on our 10 day reflection cruise who wants to wake up and eat from 7:30am to 8:30am. Lunch was 12:00 to 1:00. Not what I would consider all that convenient. Give us brunch back on sea days...Sorry, heard they were serving only 10 people average for lunch. Seem like a waste of time to be open for 10 guests.

Breakfast and lunch last week on the Summit was open for 1 1/2 hours each day. We were happy to have both offered and felt it was quite convenient. There was only one breakfast menu but it really included almost anything one would want for breakfast. Two lunch menus could have been more varied but if you switched up your order it turned out to vary enough. Only on port days was lunch quiet.

It was open for breakfast for 1 1/2 hours on Eclipse too....the same as Blu is open for breakfast...but we didn't frequent breakfast or lunch in Luminae much...so many choices and we tend to eat pretty light during the day...we were actually fine with the "brunch" option on sea days, which was open from 10 to 1.....and we did that a few times. I would have no issue at all if they went to that format for all sea days....but I guess they have decided on 3 meals a day...kind of overkill if you ask me... especially since the option of breakfast in Blu is still there.

As others have said, given Blu lunch is the real issue. And or a later breakfast / brunch.

There are already a lot of dinner options.

Lunch should be offered during normal, not limited hours. It should offer different daily specials. Those that paid for suites shouldn't have to contort their schedules to accommodate limited dining times.

The leave Bistro on 5 open pretty much all day, and it's often empty. There's no reason why they couldn't do something similar in Luminae

The leave Bistro on 5 open pretty much all day, and it's often empty. There's no reason why they couldn't do something similar in Luminae
Good point! I hadn't even thought about that until you mentioned it.

Additionally, Bistro on 5 offers a much more extensive menu than Luminae.

Good point! I hadn't even thought about that until you mentioned it.

Additionally, Bistro on 5 offers a much more extensive menu than Luminae.

Ya, and for how much, $10 per meal? ( re : Bistro on five open all day )

I don't know how others would feel about this proposal, but I wish they would just allow all suite passengers to substitute breakfast or lunch in Bistro on 5 for Luminae at no additional charge during the morning and afternoon hours when Luminae is closed.

That would provide morning sleepyheads and those returning from shore excursions an extended time range to be served a sit-down restaurant breakfast or lunch outside of Luminae's limited hours.

It should not put that much additional load on Bistro since those who eat breakfast and lunch at the regular hours would still go to Luminae, and some people would make the extra effort to get to Luminae anyway just for the food and service there.

Sure we can pay the service fee and eat at Bistro anytime we want, just as we do now, but it would be nice to have that option as a regular suite perk when it is only a substitute for a breakfast or lunch that we would otherwise receive in Luminae anyway.

Edited by varoo

I don't know how others would feel about this proposal, but I wish they would just allow all suite passengers to substitute breakfast or lunch in Bistro on 5 for Luminae at no additional charge during the morning and afternoon hours when Luminae is closed.

That would provide morning sleepyheads and those returning from shore excursions an extended time range to be served a sit-down restaurant breakfast or lunch outside of Luminae's limited hours.

It should not put that much additional load on Bistro since those who eat breakfast and lunch at the regular hours would still go to Luminae, and some people would make the extra effort to get to Luminae anyway just for the food and service there.

Sure we can pay the service fee and eat at Bistro anytime we want, just as we do now, but it would be nice to have that option as a regular suite perk when it is only a substitute for a breakfast or lunch that we would otherwise receive in Luminae anyway.

That's an interesting idea and would take care of the breakfast and lunch suite guests and leave Luminae closed which would help staffing I would think...we never saw many people in either Bistro on Luminae for breakfast/lunch so this would help fill one of the venues for sure...