Majestic Princess brings back the larger “Caribe deck” balconies??

IECalCruiser

We recently booked the Majestic Princess for 14 days in the Mediterranean in 2017 before she sails to Asia. Based up the Royal Princess, I know that cabin arrangements can change after the initial deck plans are released but it appears that some significant changes have been made. It appears that on the Emerald deck, forward and aft of the lifeboats, the cabins have been extended to the edge of the ship and have been changed from balcony to mini-suite cabins. The Dolphin deck balconies above extend over part of the mini-suite cabin below resulting in a Grand class Caribe deck balcony that is significantly larger than the standard balcony and are category D4 Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins. The decks above Dolphin appear to be stepped back like the Grand class ships above Caribe deck. It also appears that there is a second step out with exposed mini-suite balconies on Emerald deck. With the Emerald deck cabins extended, that should provide a covered Promenade deck, at least forward and aft. It will be interesting to see construction photos of the Majestic to see what the actual arrangement looks like.

I also noticed that the aft suites on Dolphin deck and above have been reclassified to a Cat S3 Penthouse Suite from a Cat S2 Owner’s Suite. Because the cabins on the side have been increased in size from a balcony to a mini-suite on Emerald deck, those two cabins appear to now be larger and are still classified as Cat S2 Owner’s Suites. Hope they now have room for a dining table and chairs inside as befits an Owner’s Suite.

Too bad the Majestic will be sailing in Asia but maybe these features will carry over to the next class of Princess ships.

We recently booked the Majestic Princess for 14 days in the Mediterranean in 2017 before she sails to Asia. Based up the Royal Princess, I know that cabin arrangements can change after the initial deck plans are released but it appears that some significant changes have been made. It appears that on the Emerald deck, forward and aft of the lifeboats, the cabins have been extended to the edge of the ship and have been changed from balcony to mini-suite cabins. The Dolphin deck balconies above extend over part of the mini-suite cabin below resulting in a Grand class Caribe deck balcony that is significantly larger than the standard balcony and are category D4 Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins. The decks above Dolphin appear to be stepped back like the Grand class ships above Caribe deck. It also appears that there is a second step out with exposed mini-suite balconies on Emerald deck. With the Emerald deck cabins extended, that should provide a covered Promenade deck, at least forward and aft. It will be interesting to see construction photos of the Majestic to see what the actual arrangement looks like.

I also noticed that the aft suites on Dolphin deck and above have been reclassified to a Cat S3 Penthouse Suite from a Cat S2 Owner’s Suite. Because the cabins on the side have been increased in size from a balcony to a mini-suite on Emerald deck, those two cabins appear to now be larger and are still classified as Cat S2 Owner’s Suites. Hope they now have room for a dining table and chairs inside as befits an Owner’s Suite.

Too bad the Majestic will be sailing in Asia but maybe these features will carry over to the next class of Princess ships.

We sailed in one of those Dolphin OS's on the Royal. I was unpleasantly amazed on just how small they were. Even though they now will be classified as an S3, I cannot imagine on how Princess could still call them a full suite if they took any additional square footage away from them. Yes, I know the initial deck plan renderings can be different and or misleading, but it doesn't look like they made them bigger.....:):):)

Bob

Edited by Woobstr112G

We sailed in one of those Dolphin OS's on the Royal. I was unpleasantly amazed on just how small they were. Even though they now will be classified as an S3, I cannot imagine on how Princess could still call them a full suite if they took any additional square footage away from them. Yes, I know the initial deck plan renderings can be different and or misleading, but it doesn't look like they made them bigger.....:):):)

Bob

Bob, Except for the two suites on Emerald deck, the other suites appear to be still the same size as on the Royal and Regal but are no longer Cat S2 Owner's Suites so people won't expect the dining table and other Cat S2 amenities. The two Emerald deck suites appear to be larger and hopefully with a better layout and the dining table. Edited by IECalCruiser

• 3 weeks later...

I blew up portions of two photos I found posted on the Fincantieri Facebook page.

Forward Section

FDOKnSJBNTmH5UuD6WJqCt_bdOXjkO1Y_bP3Drppa2PArzjM9V-G5m9r9vBqLwL72mEkmxfbULEohLx2g4YVCfqtXmiFi3CNGPaWNfoK6z9PPzrymqCIklJqyZd5RXBxbRro67BgZim-plENG7lt4CWez0-x8DOtSTSP5RxDU37YanL4P5EczHT3f4jY8WktzWSCHdFjl1FiwNmECTsLjBjExHB_v9VxKWECpZH2klAR3A56Z_obnErGCP06shBn_zdwl5Be5AnX71R9xQMIO8PDR4Rw5UCqK6CFgZQfGe10KnMaD1JmdKSRfOQ_JcDhMH3-uTmrPsw8SmrZtSsV56pitV99rXePb_-5uEg1rraCEgyiOfE_EUv_2aCeo0QsvDhzYIA4GCUQDpmZR30VjoulkQjF8F4nV-pcttepY5mUTlmzKNrlsiFM6dtWw2cPtHXKyc935XqLvPkIb0S4UtyaCAdTyefxtGUUvbt7w8wwmG6iU3ml7IwTwlBEWzeL50WLJOTIWxq7BUi_E5PKBX71820Lc7aUEIy4FKQeaENkuwjPb9SCN2mPzXWApPrDPmSU=w301-h202-no

Aft Section

FmyhRfeB5KL0tUohgRz2HGVT9V6PvQQbw3HNpJiClMr2CBTeGlxebU_4I3C66jGbcbhdedjc292D-Ypv-IyG6xsA4sN4d8orPWTcZlcCc3TjhbdFUbQnDIdASXeC00melM4pmMe4BnVZXv_oyDUqOgmq_-WX2n2Z1hU76hqbM9T0zbuFpqHxO7XjCKqUcmE1BTwR_6EA-aFZOD2qwc4Cc8KRwubOSqvT54rZsBDlq-CR208h0bcbxOnz8HPw3mIqqehcB9uLUjZnmAyfkWE0cWPHi1afd8_LelSaqcxSuif7YX-ig14pQIA3QPeG9q1wcHGELAJfiOsLeBWb4s_9P-rIyBkq5TrsmIjxzXxNZLfYEoP9OwS0h7FKUONYEsqFDqECl1Vuu3R2kdE5HW5q2xEXZPq339m1qyoYMJJCJ2LWt_bF5tMTLV-FtQYk-RFAOoF0uzdHjcUC24biU-_dYui0L7kpU2PGUCaXY2m_YgqiCtsuMQ-hxia6Ph-Ew2XQikcmmUC-8VT7RwAnDdO6BTyCooDA2XGkReP4mi2Hxpa7On69JUpkg0172J_pgvsOaTiC=w300-h203-no

The blowups are a bit grainy but you can see the mini-suites on Emerald deck and the space above that will be the large balconies for the Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins on Dolphin deck. The aft Promenade area will even have some cover for the deck chairs. Looks like the deck plans are fairly accurate.

I blew up portions of two photos I found posted on the Fincantieri Facebook page.

Forward Section

FDOKnSJBNTmH5UuD6WJqCt_bdOXjkO1Y_bP3Drppa2PArzjM9V-G5m9r9vBqLwL72mEkmxfbULEohLx2g4YVCfqtXmiFi3CNGPaWNfoK6z9PPzrymqCIklJqyZd5RXBxbRro67BgZim-plENG7lt4CWez0-x8DOtSTSP5RxDU37YanL4P5EczHT3f4jY8WktzWSCHdFjl1FiwNmECTsLjBjExHB_v9VxKWECpZH2klAR3A56Z_obnErGCP06shBn_zdwl5Be5AnX71R9xQMIO8PDR4Rw5UCqK6CFgZQfGe10KnMaD1JmdKSRfOQ_JcDhMH3-uTmrPsw8SmrZtSsV56pitV99rXePb_-5uEg1rraCEgyiOfE_EUv_2aCeo0QsvDhzYIA4GCUQDpmZR30VjoulkQjF8F4nV-pcttepY5mUTlmzKNrlsiFM6dtWw2cPtHXKyc935XqLvPkIb0S4UtyaCAdTyefxtGUUvbt7w8wwmG6iU3ml7IwTwlBEWzeL50WLJOTIWxq7BUi_E5PKBX71820Lc7aUEIy4FKQeaENkuwjPb9SCN2mPzXWApPrDPmSU=w301-h202-no

Aft Section

FmyhRfeB5KL0tUohgRz2HGVT9V6PvQQbw3HNpJiClMr2CBTeGlxebU_4I3C66jGbcbhdedjc292D-Ypv-IyG6xsA4sN4d8orPWTcZlcCc3TjhbdFUbQnDIdASXeC00melM4pmMe4BnVZXv_oyDUqOgmq_-WX2n2Z1hU76hqbM9T0zbuFpqHxO7XjCKqUcmE1BTwR_6EA-aFZOD2qwc4Cc8KRwubOSqvT54rZsBDlq-CR208h0bcbxOnz8HPw3mIqqehcB9uLUjZnmAyfkWE0cWPHi1afd8_LelSaqcxSuif7YX-ig14pQIA3QPeG9q1wcHGELAJfiOsLeBWb4s_9P-rIyBkq5TrsmIjxzXxNZLfYEoP9OwS0h7FKUONYEsqFDqECl1Vuu3R2kdE5HW5q2xEXZPq339m1qyoYMJJCJ2LWt_bF5tMTLV-FtQYk-RFAOoF0uzdHjcUC24biU-_dYui0L7kpU2PGUCaXY2m_YgqiCtsuMQ-hxia6Ph-Ew2XQikcmmUC-8VT7RwAnDdO6BTyCooDA2XGkReP4mi2Hxpa7On69JUpkg0172J_pgvsOaTiC=w300-h203-no

The blowups are a bit grainy but you can see the mini-suites on Emerald deck and the space above that will be the large balconies for the Premium Deluxe Balcony cabins on Dolphin deck. The aft Promenade area will even have some cover for the deck chairs. Looks like the deck plans are fairly accurate.

No images. :(

I wouldn't trust the deck plans. Emerald minisuites are listed as 222 square feet as opposed to the other deck mini suites at 329. I cancelled my Emerald MS because of the listed smaller size. I originally booked E727 which is the last one on Emerald and always has an extended balcony. I mentioned the smaller size to Princess when I booked and was not told it was a standard MS.

I wouldn't trust the deck plans. Emerald minisuites are listed as 222 square feet as opposed to the other deck mini suites at 329. I cancelled my Emerald MS because of the listed smaller size. I originally booked E727 which is the last one on Emerald and always has an extended balcony. I mentioned the smaller size to Princess when I booked and was not told it was a standard MS.
The last mini-suite on each side of Emerald and Dolphin decks on Grand class ships does have an extended balcony but that wasn't the case with those balconies on the Royal and Regal and it does not appear to be the case on the Majestic. You didn't give up anything special by giving up E727. I do fully agree that many of the dimensions are incorrect. There are problems on other ships as well. My comment referred to the layout of the cabins and balconies on Emerald and Dolphin decks, not the dimensions of individual cabins. Edited by IECalCruiser

Too bad the Majestic will be sailing in Asia but maybe th

Did miss something, is Princess building another ship?

The last mini-suite on each side of Emerald and Dolphin decks on Grand class ships does have an extended balcony but that wasn't the case with those balconies on the Royal and Regal and it does not appear to be the case on the Majestic. You didn't give up anything special by giving up E727. I do fully agree that many of the dimensions are incorrect. There are problems on other ships as well. My comment referred to the layout of the cabins and balconies on Emerald and Dolphin decks, not the dimensions of individual cabins.

Thanks for letting me know about the nonexistent extended balcony in E727. We Booked a mini suite on Baja deck and wonder if the balcony is covered.

On the Royal, we were all the way forward on the Marina deck with a huge balcony, but we prefer Aft.

Thanks for letting me know about the nonexistent extended balcony in E727. We Booked a mini suite on Baja deck and wonder if the balcony is covered.

On the Royal, we were all the way forward on the Marina deck with a huge balcony, but we prefer Aft.

As far as I can tell, the cabins on the sides of the Majestic on Caribe deck and above will be covered.

• 2 weeks later...
Brian...based on the photos in this thread it shows what appears to be an aft bumped out balcony section on one deck.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48731265&posted=1#post48731265

Frank...My photos come from the same Fincantieri Facebook page. In post #12 I have enlarged sections of the photos to show the "bump out" sections.

• 1 month later...

Considering this class for the first time..I understand there are some changes to this new ship but can someone tell me if the corner aft cabins on Baja and Caribe decks will be the wrap around balcony like on the Star Princess? Donna

Considering this class for the first time..I understand there are some changes to this new ship but can someone tell me if the corner aft cabins on Baja and Caribe decks will be the wrap around balcony like on the Star Princess? Donna
Not quite sure I understand your question. Are you asking about true aft cabins or the last cabin on the side of the ship?