New menu

Cruisin 4 Ever

But that would have to do with the way the food was prepared - NOT the way it was served. So I'm not sure that that has to do with this discussion. :confused:

I never said that I got sick due to how it was served, or that I was replying to the OP. Other than that, you caught me. :eek:

Wow. I just looked at them. Looks amazing to me!

Thanks for the link. We are on the liberty feb 1

Yeah, I'm betting that the food is just as good as before, only a few less options. Since I was always on the fence between 2 dishes anyways, no loss. It also looks like you choose family style, separated right there on the menu.

I highly doubt they'll roll out the new menus before we sail the Triumph in March but I would be so excited for these menus. I love steak and goof beef but never get it at home with kids and DW (chicken eaters:)). They have some great options each night as opposed to the flat iron on the current menu.

Either way we won't starve:)

What does Applebees have to do with this discussion? They don't serve family style.

My understanding is that if more than one person at the table orders the same appetizer (under the for the table) menu, or multiple orders of the same side dish it will be served family style.

We don't often eat with others, but I see this being a logistical problem for my sister and I. Since the space on a 2 top is limited, I just don't know how our multiple different sides are going to fit on the table.

And the only thing I would eat off the Feast appetizer plate is the mushroom I would like to order at least 2 if not 3, so are they going to serve me three plates at the same time or do I eat the mushroom have them serve another eat a mushroom have them serve another............

My goodness, this does sound like it's going to be more complicated for the waiters.

After looking at both old and new menus again (thanks Zydecocruiser!) I am really excited about the updated menus! I love how you have more options to create healthy balanced meals as well as decadent ones! I'm kinda sad that they will not yet be available on my next cruise!

Will they continue to offer the Everyday Menu? I liked that you could get fried chicken and mashed potatoes or steak and potato any night - sometimes you just want normal, comfort food!

The new menu has both, for example:

Salmon, Chicken, Steak, Pork Chops

Sides: Corn & Veggies, Double Baked Potato, Beans, Gold Potatos, Salad

But that same night you can order alligator fritters and Mahi Mahi!

I think the new menus are 100 times better than the old out dated ones with better choices and more modern offerings.

Im not sure why so many are getting their knickers in a twist over the two items that are available as share plates :confused:. No one has to order them and no one has to share.

I guess some people are just scared of change.

I was on the Glory the first week that this new menu/serving idea came out.

In my opinion, the food quality was still what we expect from Carnival, which to me is perfectly fine! :) We have never gone hungry on a cruise and always found something to eat at each mealtime.

What was different was the options they offered and the way they served them. Many of the 'old favourites' were gone, but there were many new alternatives too. The only thing that we were expected to share, and no different than before was the bread basket. IF MORE THAN ONE PERSON at the table wanted caesar salad or calamari, THEN they brought out a large portion for sharing. IF MORE THAN ONE PERSON ordered the same side dish, THEN they brought out a large portion. Otherwise, everyone got their own. It was not a 'free for all' or 'grab fest' as some people seem to be envisioning.

It is different, it is new....and I can promise you that once those who have sailed many times before on Carnival adjust to the change, everyone will be happy. The servers really were trying very hard that first week, and succeeded to keep everyone in our party happy. Go with an open mind, expect the change and just enjoy!!!!

I was told you don't have to share even if more than one person at the table orders the same sides/appetizers.

I have an immune system issue, and choose not to share anything while eating, even with my family. I'm intending to inform my waiter and hope for no problems.

I was told you don't have to share even if more than one person at the table orders the same sides/appetizers.

I have an immune system issue, and choose not to share anything while eating, even with my family. I'm intending to inform my waiter and hope for no problems.

you will have absolutely NO PROBLEMS! They are not forcing anything on you....i don't understand the change in serving procedure...but you can get served the way you are used to with no issue! Enjoy your cruise! :)

I was on the Glory the first week that this new menu/serving idea came out.

In my opinion, the food quality was still what we expect from Carnival, which to me is perfectly fine! :) We have never gone hungry on a cruise and always found something to eat at each mealtime.

What was different was the options they offered and the way they served them. Many of the 'old favourites' were gone, but there were many new alternatives too. The only thing that we were expected to share, and no different than before was the bread basket. IF MORE THAN ONE PERSON at the table wanted caesar salad or calamari, THEN they brought out a large portion for sharing. IF MORE THAN ONE PERSON ordered the same side dish, THEN they brought out a large portion. Otherwise, everyone got their own. It was not a 'free for all' or 'grab fest' as some people seem to be envisioning.

It is different, it is new....and I can promise you that once those who have sailed many times before on Carnival adjust to the change, everyone will be happy. The servers really were trying very hard that first week, and succeeded to keep everyone in our party happy. Go with an open mind, expect the change and just enjoy!!!!

thanks for the info Jill. Interesting to see how we like this change.

BTW is it true you had a food fight the second night? LOL

[quote name='jmwg49']I was on the Glory the first week that this new menu/serving idea came out.

It is different, it is new....and I can promise you that once those who have sailed many times before on Carnival adjust to the change, everyone will be happy. The servers really were trying very hard that first week, and succeeded to keep everyone in our party happy. Go with an open mind, expect the change and just enjoy!!!![/QUOTE]

Thanks you for the very clear explanation :). I think the reason so many are up in arms is the type of information you just gave is very difficult to come by. I sail on Liberty on Saturday and we will be the 2nd cruise on her with the new menus. I received a letter from Carnival saying the Jan 11th cruise and my cruise will be the first to try out the new menu and will be counting on us for feedback. It talks alot about American Table and American feast and having great choices, etc but doesn't really explain it well at all, especially the very limited dessert choices and doesn't mention the new serving style. This is why I have asked about sharing - I didn't want to have to choose the same as my family as most of them would want seafood and I don't like it
So thank you for the clarification. I will do a review when I get back and hopefully I will have the same experience you had:)

no problems! I felt that the CHOICES on the menu had diminished, but not the service itself. The new tables ARE without tablecloths, which did not bother me at all. I don't have a tablecloth on my table at home, and Im sure it is a way of saving CCL some money. The whole dining room looks different, not formal. BUT, that does not take away from the experience of having your dinner served to you by a smiling face! For picky eaters or those who cannot or do not like seafood, pork etc, the choices may be limited. For instance, my 19 year old daughter is very picky. Does not like food with sauce or spice. She likes PLAIN FOOD...that said, she ate mashed potatoes. period. almost every day. But, she went to the deli and got her standby of a turkey on a country roll, every. day.

[quote name='boyle0268']I really like to have the cheese plate and fruit plate for dessert. I usually order this every night when I cruise unless there is something else I just can't resist. Will I still be able to have this?[/QUOTE]

I read on JohnH blog that fruit bowl was available, just need to ask your server. I don't know about the cheese plate. :(

[quote name='Stateroom_Sailor']The new menu has both, for example:

Salmon, Chicken, Steak, Pork Chops

Sides: Corn & Veggies, Double Baked Potato, Beans, Gold Potatos, Salad

But that same night you can order alligator fritters and Mahi Mahi![/QUOTE]

I am really hoping that they offer a vegetarian option.

[quote name='golfadj']Wonder if they still have the Indian vegetarian option[/QUOTE]

No Stu, I do not believe that they do. :( That said, there were certain "indian type" foods available a couple of nights, if memory serves me correctly.

[quote name='Stateroom_Sailor']Yeah, I'm betting that the food is just as good as before, only a few less options. Since I was always on the fence between 2 dishes anyways, no loss. It also looks like you choose family style, separated right there on the menu.[/QUOTE]

There are actually 90 less options...Someone figured it out on another thread