Here's a question for ya.....this may be a new one!!

dizzy205

My DH has mentioned that he wants to take a tour of the Brig. Both of us being in law enforcement, he thinks it would be fun...cool, whatever:cool: . Has anyone ever heard of such a tour?? Would they do this for him?? Hey, I had to ask:D

This one's easy. Break some law on board.

Pick one:

- Wear jeans to dinner

- Put on a swimmie and jump in the pool

- Smoke on port side of ship

- Bring liquor onto the ship

- Throw fruit in atrium after finding out ports of call have been changed

- show up late for dinner

- yell "abandon ship" from dining room at 4am over loudspeaker

- do lewd acts to towel animals

- Tell captain you personally know dancing Nancy

Pick one:

- Wear jeans to dinner

Heh Heh Heh:D

Dancing Nancy? Was that the woman who was a lawyer, going to beauty school and getting her MD from Acme that couldn't remember where she lived or how old her SO is??

Dancing Nancy? Was that the woman who was a lawyer, going to beauty school and getting her MD from Acme that couldn't remember where she lived or how old her SO is??

That's the one...no WalMart shoppin' either! :D

That's the one...no WalMart shoppin' either! :D

I thought so. I wonder what happend to her? Snowed in up in Scranton? Oh, and don't forget about the QVC makeup

Never toured a "Brig" on a ship but I know that at least some lines have them. From my understanding they are basically an adapted crew cabin where entry/exit is controlled.

We were social friends with a man who was a Security Officer for one of the lines with an older population. He said that the Brig was seldom used, and when it was it was usually for a crew member or members. Fights were the primary use, but even then they had to feel that forced separation was required. Most of the skirmishes were just that and no Brig time requried.

We asked if he had many instances where a crew member was accused of stealing passengers goods. He said that they did get claims, but the item(s) were more often than not found in the cabin after an intesive search. He said that seldom was any evidence of theft found, but when it was the crew member suspected had to be locked-up. Not because he neeeded to be locked-up but rather to protect him for the other crew. He said that the crew, particularly the cabin stewards, were vengful toward a crew member accused of stealing as they wanted to be trusted. They did not like someone who violated this trust.

Of course, this all was just one person's perspective that I am relaying to you.

Pick one:

- Wear jeans to dinner

Now THAT was funny. Thanks for the laugh MrPete!

My DH has mentioned that he wants to take a tour of the Brig. Both of us being in law enforcement, he thinks it would be fun...cool, whatever:cool: . Has anyone ever heard of such a tour?? Would they do this for him?? Hey, I had to ask:D

We are in the Security business,I do security for the Dept.of National Defence as a commissionaire.I can honestly tell you that we have asked on the spirit and the paradise to see the brig and even a DND id. card and PI's lisence will not get you a tour.I was a Med A in the the army up here and they would not even let me see the morgue that they have on the ship.there is alot of stuff that they keep hidden for us as the general public for whatever the reason is.We have to respect that,but....there always is the alternative that someone had posted...get into trouble and maybe you'll see the inside of cells..

good luck

We behave ourselves.....even though we talk a good game. We always say we are going to "party all night" It never happens. The closest we came to partying was in Cozumel at Carlos n' Charlies, we ate, we drank our "yard" each, came back to the ship for a quick nap before dinner, and woke up in the morning. At that point we realized we just can't hang like we used to...So I am sure that we will not have to see the brig for any other reason than entertainment:rolleyes: It's just so sad......we are in our 30's...and over the hill already:(

The last 2 carnival cruises the hot tub police got us!! On one of the new Carnival commercials on tv they show a couple in a hot tub with drinks!!I think if they say somthing to me on the Miracle this summer I might have to ask about that:D

Archived