Warning

Scrapnana

It was about ever-pretty . The dress company from China that some of the board members use . The problem with buying from China is if the dress does not fit returning it will cost you more than the dress plus they want it returned within 14 days and with shipping to China that is almost impossible.

If that was the post, the person who posted said that they didn't care for the return policy and that the dresses weren't true to size or something like that. Personally I didn't think it was an inflammatory post, it seemed pretty fair, although posted in the wrong forum.

Maybe the original post was BY the dress company which would violate advertising on CC. Every once in a while, some company thinks they can advertise here. I saw one advertising pass ports for any country you could think of.

If that was the post, the person who posted said that they didn't care for the return policy and that the dresses weren't true to size or something like that. Personally I didn't think it was an inflammatory post, it seemed pretty fair, although posted in the wrong forum.

That person could have just been telling their experience and it was not necessarily that they posted something inflammatory. Like I said, maybe the first post was by the company.

The OP said she had ordered 400+ dollars of dresses from the company. She said they were no way true to size, in fact they were ridiculously small.

She said they had to be returned in 14 days and that a return authorization was required but that she had been waiting days for the authorization and was going to miss the 14 day deadline and have to eat the 400+ dollars.

She was quite ticked off and I don't blame her.

Maybe the original post was BY the dress company which would violate advertising on CC. Every once in a while, some company thinks they can advertise here. I saw one advertising pass ports for any country you could think of.

It was a negative post about the company. No company would write such things themselves and post it on an internet forum. :eek: If it was advertising, it was negative to the max.

That person could have just been telling their experience and it was not necessarily that they posted something inflammatory. Like I said, maybe the first post was by the company.

I doubt it, I can't see a company talking about a bad return policy if they were trying to promote themselves.

Fourteen days is the standard return time for ebay clothes . The problem the OP had was the time was ticking and ever-pretty does not accept returns unless they give you an authorization number . Plus shipping a dress from the US to China may take longer than fourteen days . The Op also bought a few dresses in each style with the thought that she would return the ones that do not fit . Frankly that is crazy when the seller is in China .Shipping internationally has gotten extremely expensive in the last few months .

I won several dresses from Ebay from Ever Pretty....They do run very small and are not true to size. However, when I received the first 3 dresses from them and found this out, the lady I contacted was extremely helpful. She told me I could send them back and my money would be refunded or she would give me some credit and I could sell the dresses since I couldn't wear them. I believe it was $10 credit for each dress. I took the credit and found a size 3x in one of the dresses that I had ordered a 2x in (most of the time a 2x either is to big or perfect, depending on how it's made). When that dress came in, along with 2 other size 3x....once again they were all to small. I did not send them back because I had not paid much for them at all, even with the shipping. I think the most expensive dress including the shipping was $23......I prob only paid around $45-$55 (after my credit) for all 6 dresses. I have sold 1 for $20.....I haven't advertized them for sell, but will prob put them in a garage sale this summer. Right after I won all the dresses, the size charts changed and they no longer (or at that time...been a few years) offer 2x or larger

Maybe the post was removed because it was in the wrong place.

After reading it I went to the Ever Pretty site. They do have a link for US/Canadian residents that ship from a US warehouse. Knowing how small the clothes run though, I wouldn't even try that.

It was a negative post about the company. No company would write such things themselves and post it on an internet forum. :eek: If it was advertising, it was negative to the max.

I doubt it, I can't see a company talking about a bad return policy if they were trying to promote themselves.

You both misunderstood what I was saying. Not having seen the post, I was only guessing that maybe company posted what was an ad for their company, THEN the person who posted the negative review was warning people about them with her experience.

Did anyone else actually see the post other than the OP?

I saw it and commented on it before it was removed . It was a post complaining about every - pretty and their return policies . The OP bought $400 worth of dresses including different sizes of each style and none of the dresses fit . She was wanting to return but had communication problems with the seller so she was concerned about the fourteen day deadline . She also complained about the sizing .

I saw the post. There was no post by the company, it was a warning from a member here about her experience.

I saw it and commented on it before it was removed . It was a post complaining about every - pretty and their return policies . The OP bought $400 worth of dresses including different sizes of each style and none of the dresses fit . She was wanting to return but had communication problems with the seller so she was concerned about the fourteen day deadline . She also complained about the sizing .
OK, got it.

Guess the post was deemed not appropriate and not even for the Fashion Board. Wonder why the person posted on CC to begin with.:confused:

She said it was because she had seen posts here saying that people buy from there.

Not sure why it was posted on the Carnival board though.

She had posted it on "Ask a Cruise Question" board, not Carnival.

I have gotten 3 dresses from this company but through Amazon. It says right on there to us the sizing chart they provide not amazons chart. It gives measurements etc so you get the proper size. My dresses fit perfectly, just needed to get them hemmed because I'm short.

I too, have bought 2 dresses from them & had no problem. One is a cocktail dress & the other is a Ivory Wedding Gown for a vow renewal for nx. yr. I was happy with both of them & I used their size chart, so had no problem with either. You can e-mail them your measurements & they will get the right size for you. I'm not trying to talk anyone into buying from them, just stating my history with the company.

You both misunderstood what I was saying. Not having seen the post, I was only guessing that maybe company posted what was an ad for their company, THEN the person who posted the negative review was warning people about them with her experience.

I did, it was definitely not from the company. If I recall, the OP has been a regular CC contributor for a number of years--it wasn't a "One hit wonder."

Archived