Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

cruzgal11

I just booked 1 night at the Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port for January 8. I have read mixed reviews about this place both good & bad. My boyfriend & I both agree it's only 1 night, includes breakfast, airport & cruise shuttle. Should we keep looking??

I just booked 1 night at the Rodeway Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port for January 8. I have read mixed reviews about this place both good & bad. My boyfriend & I both agree it's only 1 night, includes breakfast, airport & cruise shuttle. Should we keep looking??

It's a crap hotel.

Go to hotwire and book something.

If they are charging $160 then it must be for February.

I used the Rodeway as a day hotel while waiting for a late flight.

For $49 bucks it was awesome.

The adjoining restaraunt had pretty good food, and they had shuttles constantly running to the airport and othe local spots.

However, I don't think I'd stay there overnight.

For a few bucks more, I'd go down to 17th street and stay at the Embassy Suites.

I just booked Sands Harbor marina & hotel for $225 that was including the tax. I stayed cheap the last time & I know it is not high end but at least it will be interesting place to stay! Has anybody stayed there?

That hotel is in Pompano Beach (only a mile from where I live) about 15 miles north of the port and 18 miles from the airport. What are you using for transportation? A cab will be in the $50+ range. It is in a nice neighborhood right on the intra-coastal and 2 blocks to the pier and beach. There are a couple of restaurants on the the premises and others very nearby (walking distance) that get good reviews.

Edited by capriccio

We don't have transportation yet, I am in the process of getting quotes now.

The hotel said it would be $45 for the service they use from the airport then $45 again to go to the port the next day.

I wanted beach hotel with transportation included but it doesn't look like that is possible in February without paying more than we can afford. I am no different than everyone else trying to find the magic place to start our vacation without breaking the bank[emoji57]

I just booked Sands Harbor marina & hotel for $225 that was including the tax. I stayed cheap the last time & I know it is not high end but at least it will be interesting place to stay! Has anybody stayed there?

I frequently eat lunch at Houston's just across the intracoastal from there and I always wondered what I was looking at! I had no idea there was a resort there!

I frequently eat lunch at Houston's just across the intracoastal from there and I always wondered what I was looking at! I had no idea there was a resort there!

You can't starve in that neighborhood! In addition to Houstons (4 stars on TripAdvisor), the hotel has 2 restaurants - neither of which I've been to yet but friends have recommended - that get good reviews on TripAdvisor: Rusty Hook Tavern (4.5 stars) and Sunset Catch (4 stars). And SweatPea will only be 1 block away from my favorite Italian deli anywhere - Bella Monte (4.5 stars on TripAdvisor).

Edited by capriccio

stayed there once. Never ever again. Some people were paying over $200. a night. We paid around $70. Everyone was complaining on the bus ride to the ship about the hotel. So we all told each other what they charged. Bus driver was laughing because he has heard about the complaints lots of times. It wasn't the price that we were upset with. The hotel is dirty and I could write 100 other complaints.

if You don't care what a hotel room looks like stay and save money. You get what you pay for. Anything over $70. you will be upset.

OH, we also took a cab to a pizza rest. from the hotel. $30. one way. $20. for the pizza. turned out to be a $100. trip for a pizza that I didn't even like.

Tips for cab and pizza place too.

I would not use this hotel for an overnight- It did the job for us on Easter Sunday a couple of years ago-- Our flight left at 7:30 PM and we just wanted a "home base" to use internet, go to a movie, lunch and rest, after our cruise. This worked out perfectly for us for that purpose. (We rented a car for the day)- But no, no way for an overnight.

We ended up changing our reservations to La Quinta Inn Hollywood due to all of the extra costs for the shuttles. I was so much wanting to stay near the water but it didn't make sense to pay that much extra! Thanks everyone for your input.

Did you try Lauderdale-By-The-Sea or Hollywood Beach?

Book one of the reasonable mom and pop motels at http://www.Sunny.org

my husband and I stayed here two years ago this november for about $125 CAD for the night. They gave someone a key to our room and they would have walked right in if I hadn't had the latch thingy in place. The room was painted lime green and almost glowed.

Bathroom was kinda moldy. We booked it mostly because of the price and the free shuttle from the airport-hotel and hotel-cruise port.

We waited over two hours for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport (after calling a few times and each time being told it was on its way) Another couple waiting with us had been there for an hour longer according to them so 3 hr wait for them. The shuttle driver was road raging and swearing at other drivers which at that point me and my husband found somewhat entertaining.

The owner (Iggy if i remember correctly) tried to sell us on a cab to Las Olas for the smoking deal of $50 each way. We called a cab ourselves and spent half that much.

The next morning while we were waiting for the shuttle to take us to the pier he did this stand up style show for everyone over the microphone and blatantly stared at my breasts with my husband sitting beside me. Then asked us why we were going on the funeral cruise (Holland).

We were told to wait outside for the shuttle for 10am and it didn't leave until 11:30am because of some mix up with some other passengers getting to the airport on time for their flight. It was such a mess. Finally when our shuttle came to take us they stuffed us into this van that didn't have enough seats or seatbelt for each passenger and literally pushed this woman in (who was probably in her 70s I would guess) and shut the door .. it was like stuffing in too many clothes into a piece of luggage and then sitting on top of it to zip it shut.

The driver was an even bigger jerk than the one that took us the day before. I know this sounds like a complete over exaggeration but I assure you it is anything but. Looking back we should have just paid for a cab and avoided the shuttle all together.

With all that being said me and my husband still laugh about it to this day and had an interesting "adventure" if you will when staying at the Rodeway Inn. I actually considered staying there again this year until I saw the price went up to well over $200 USD a night.

If you want to have some good stories to tell after a (hopefully only one) night there then go for it. At $125 CAD a night it was a bit of a stretch but I think if I had paid more than $200 USD I would have been a lot more upset about it.

I have no idea why prices are up so high this November but everywhere seems to be quite high. But for real rebooking somewhere else was probably the best decision you made this week.

my husband and I stayed here two years ago this november for about $125 CAD for the night. They gave someone a key to our room and they would have walked right in if I hadn't had the latch thingy in place. The room was painted lime green and almost glowed.

Bathroom was kinda moldy. We booked it mostly because of the price and the free shuttle from the airport-hotel and hotel-cruise port.

We waited over two hours for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport (after calling a few times and each time being told it was on its way) Another couple waiting with us had been there for an hour longer according to them so 3 hr wait for them. The shuttle driver was road raging and swearing at other drivers which at that point me and my husband found somewhat entertaining.

The owner (Iggy if i remember correctly) tried to sell us on a cab to Las Olas for the smoking deal of $50 each way. We called a cab ourselves and spent half that much.

The next morning while we were waiting for the shuttle to take us to the pier he did this stand up style show for everyone over the microphone and blatantly stared at my breasts with my husband sitting beside me. Then asked us why we were going on the funeral cruise (Holland).

We were told to wait outside for the shuttle for 10am and it didn't leave until 11:30am because of some mix up with some other passengers getting to the airport on time for their flight. It was such a mess. Finally when our shuttle came to take us they stuffed us into this van that didn't have enough seats or seatbelt for each passenger and literally pushed this woman in (who was probably in her 70s I would guess) and shut the door .. it was like stuffing in too many clothes into a piece of luggage and then sitting on top of it to zip it shut.

The driver was an even bigger jerk than the one that took us the day before. I know this sounds like a complete over exaggeration but I assure you it is anything but. Looking back we should have just paid for a cab and avoided the shuttle all together.

With all that being said me and my husband still laugh about it to this day and had an interesting "adventure" if you will when staying at the Rodeway Inn. I actually considered staying there again this year until I saw the price went up to well over $200 USD a night.

If you want to have some good stories to tell after a (hopefully only one) night there then go for it. At $125 CAD a night it was a bit of a stretch but I think if I had paid more than $200 USD I would have been a lot more upset about it.

I have no idea why prices are up so high this November but everywhere seems to be quite high. But for real rebooking somewhere else was probably the best decision you made this week.

Why on earth would you ever wait two hours for a shuttle?? Waiting three hours is ridiculous.

It is so high in November because it is the start of peak season for us and probably the FLL Int'l Boat Show.

When it comes to hotels/motels in South Florida, you get what you pay for.

Why on earth would you ever wait two hours for a shuttle?? Waiting three hours is ridiculous.

It is so high in November because it is the start of peak season for us and probably the FLL Int'l Boat Show.

When it comes to hotels/motels in South Florida, you get what you pay for.

Because the few times we called it was "minutes away" and we weren't really in any rush to get anywhere, in vacation mode ya know? :) But yes you're right We shouldn't have waited that long, and if we had somewhere important to be we would have just called a cab.

As for when it comes to hotels you get what you pay for mantra - that doesn't really explain why the price has almost doubled for the same hotel at the same time of year. As i said, the $125 was pushing it but $200+ for the Rodeway ? If i had been spending $200 USD + for a night I would hope for something at least remotely acceptable. Perhaps my expectations are bit off now though ..

Because the few times we called it was "minutes away" and we weren't really in any rush to get anywhere, in vacation mode ya know? :) But yes you're right We shouldn't have waited that long, and if we had somewhere important to be we would have just called a cab.

As for when it comes to hotels you get what you pay for mantra - that doesn't really explain why the price has almost doubled for the same hotel at the same time of year. As i said, the $125 was pushing it but $200+ for the Rodeway ? If i had been spending $200 USD + for a night I would hope for something at least remotely acceptable. Perhaps my expectations are bit off now though ..

I'm sure it is because of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. It is the largest boat show in the world and that Rodeway is by Marina Mile.

Me? I want to find a bar somewhere so I'm not waiting for a shuttle :D

I'm sure it is because of the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show. It is the largest boat show in the world and that Rodeway is by Marina Mile.

Me? I want to find a bar somewhere so I'm not waiting for a shuttle :D

It was also our first time using a shuttle so I just didn't know how long it should really be. Either way we learned our lesson and that is no longer a criteria for us when searching for hotels. :)

Trying out the Bahia Mar this year so we'll see if my choice fares any better lol. Wish me luck :p