What is Carnival's Ultimate Balcony Cabin?

winddawn

I'd love to hear from other Carnival passengers what they think the ultimate Carnival balcony cabin is. Which Carnival ship has the largest balcony? Of the large Carnival balconies, which is the best, and why?

DH and I enjoyed a cat 9A on the Carnival Triumph last Christmas and decided that we absolutely love the aft wrap balcony. Do some Carnival ships have better aft wrap balconies than others?

We like the Eastern Caribbean itineraries best.

Thanks for your feedback.:D

I'd love to hear from other Carnival passengers what they think the ultimate Carnival balcony cabin is. Which Carnival ship has the largest balcony? Of the large Carnival balconies, which is the best, and why?

DH and I enjoyed a cat 9A on the Carnival Triumph last Christmas and decided that we absolutely love the aft wrap balcony. Do some Carnival ships have better aft wrap balconies than others?

We like the Eastern Caribbean itineraries best.

Thanks for your feedback.:D

I have never picked a 9A wrap around Balcony. I really like the Cat 12 suites. Most times they are Mid-ship, and on the Empress deck. I like the ride better being mid-ship. The 9A are the biggest Balcony on Carnival.

HANDS DOWN: 4228 or 4237 - they are (port and starboard) category 11's on Spirit class ships.

46462816_2cSur-L.jpg

The cabin is very nice as well :)

Tom

This gets my vote as well, haven't even seen the cabin in person! Have one booked for next Feb and tentatively for April 2010. For the price (and even much higher) can anything else come close to beating that view? I don't think so.

Thank you for the picture, Tom! That looks similar to the cat 9A balcony that we had on the Triumph. We also sailed in a cat 11 on the Triumph two years ago. Are the aft wraps on the Spirit class ships the best of both-the cat 11 amenities with the larger balcony of the 9A?

I'm curious why you would choose the deck 4 cabins over the other decks for cat 11 on Spirit class. We prefer an uncovered balcony. Do you have a recommendation for another deck besides deck 4 for an uncovered balcony?

I'm curious. How did you get lounge chairs on the balcony? They would not let us have them on the Triumph aft wrap balcony, citing them as a fire hazard.

HANDS DOWN: 4228 or 4237 - they are (port and starboard) category 11's on Spirit class ships.

46462816_2cSur-L.jpg

The cabin is very nice as well :)

Tom

Must agree love the pic.. we will have 4237 on the Legend this October:D

Thank you for the picture, Tom! That looks similar to the cat 9A balcony that we had on the Triumph. We also sailed in a cat 11 on the Triumph two years ago. Are the aft wraps on the Spirit class ships the best of both-the cat 11 amenities with the larger balcony of the 9A?

I'm curious why you would choose the deck 4 cabins over the other decks for cat 11 on Spirit class. We prefer an uncovered balcony. Do you have a recommendation for another deck besides deck 4 for an uncovered balcony?

I'm curious. How did you get lounge chairs on the balcony? They would not let us have them on the Triumph aft wrap balcony, citing them as a fire hazard.

I personally chose deck 4.. as I am not a sun worshipper.. and like the option to have some shade.. plus if it is raining .. we can still enjoy the balcony.. If you do not want covered.. I believe deck 6, 7 or 8 are what you are looking for.. ;)

...I'm curious why you would choose the deck 4 cabins over the other decks for cat 11 on Spirit class. We prefer an uncovered balcony. Do you have a recommendation for another deck besides deck 4 for an uncovered balcony?

As for why deck 4 - same reason (and logic) that KruznKel stated. Additionally, if it is sun you desire - there is always some point during the day where (weather permitting) you can get hours of direct rays on some part of that huge expanse of a balcony!

Only once, on the Glory as I recall, did a call to the purser not result in lounge chairs appearing on our balcony. That was shortly after the incident (fire) on Princess, and they said it was a fire hazard. Before and since, no problem. I have also been spotted carrying a chair or two from Lido to our balcony once or twice...:eek:

Hey Tom & Cheryl ! Great choice ! It should afford a great view for Hawaii and Alaska ! :D :D :D

I am thinking you are right!!

Tom

The Spirit Class Cat 11 wraps are 220 sq ft which is bigger than some cabins. In Jan we were on the Legend and they had the new style chairs but no loungers yet. We did ask but was told no, wasn't a problem as we enjoyed the balcony anyways.

What is the BEST balcony for a family of FOUR? All those great wrap arounds are only 2 or 3 capacity!!!! I'd love them, but we usually take the kids! We usually do a traditional 8A-E cabins.

Thanks!

You could always get 4237 (Cat 11 wrap) and 4239 (8C) or 4228 (Cat 11) and 4230 (8C). These cabins have a door between them you can open and from pictures I've seen looks like the balcony divider can be opened as well.

As for why deck 4 - same reason (and logic) that KruznKel stated. Additionally, if it is sun you desire - there is always some point during the day where (weather permitting) you can get hours of direct rays on some part of that huge expanse of a balcony!

Only once, on the Glory as I recall, did a call to the purser not result in lounge chairs appearing on our balcony. That was shortly after the incident (fire) on Princess, and they said it was a fire hazard. Before and since, no problem. I have also been spotted carrying a chair or two from Lido to our balcony once or twice...:eek:

TOM

LOL, did you wear camo gear as you were taking a couple of chaises to your cabin? lol..made me laugh!!

We were on the Glory a couple weeks ago and as we were leaving we ran down to look at the 9A balcony, # 7440 ...we liked it so much that we booked it for our Med cruise ...so now I better go buy some camo clothes to get some chaises!!! Oh and if they say anything, I will say "Tom and Cheryl said it was ok"..lol

Tom

2284860220071024607S425x425Q85.jpg

7258 on the Legend. Huge balcony at regular Cat 8 price. :D

Wow! That is nice. 7258=185 sq ft room/100 sq ft balcony, 4237=245 sq ft room/220 sq ft balcony. But $800 less for the 8G on a 12 day Hawaii booking vs the Cat 11....just when I thought I had it all figured out! :confused:

Tom-n-Cherly,

I am on the Spirit 12-day Hawaii on Sept. 24 in Cat. 11 4228. I was concerned about the comments re the chaise lounges on these balconies. I called Carnival and they said that there would be chaise lounges on the Spirit Cat. 11 balconies. I love to sit out, prop my feet up and relax on those lounges. Have you been on the Spirit lately?

Tom

We were in 4228 on the Miracle in January and it already had two of the new loungers on it. Also had two of the new chairs and a small aluminum table. Only once did our aft wrap not have a lounger on it, and like Tom, DH did a covert operation to the Lido deck and voila! He did get some strange looks though...:eek:

Only 3 per Spirit class ship (well 6 but I'm pretty sure the other three are special needs cabins).

FYI, there are only 3 of these cabins on each deck of a Spirit class ship and 2 of the 3 are HC accessible. They are on each side of the aft elevators. The two furthest back are the HC accessible. There is one cabin, port side, which is not. On the starboard side, this cabin is next to a cat. 9A.

I have researched this extensively, as my mom is HC. We had the two cat. 7A's last year on the Legend and have the two 8E's this year (one HC, one not).

Archived