flights to Seattle from new york

lauren0309

I have 9 months to go but have been checking prices. They've been in the 600's. I just saw a price today for 407.00. The flight would arrive in Seattle at 1:30 p.m. giving us time to spend the day in seattle. Going home the flight would leave at 12:30 p.m. which also gives us time to get off the ship and not worrying about missing our flight. Just wanted to know if this was good price. Im not sure what they typically run from NY to Seattle. Also maybe since its 9 months away is there a chance if the airline changing their schedule, (American Airline s)?

I have 9 months to go but have been checking prices. They've been in the 600's. I just saw a price today for 407.00. The flight would arrive in Seattle at 1:30 p.m. giving us time to spend the day in seattle. Going home the flight would leave at 12:30 p.m. which also gives us time to get off the ship and not worrying about missing our flight. Just wanted to know if this was good price. Im not sure what they typically run from NY to Seattle. Also maybe since its 9 months away is there a chance if the airline changing their schedule, (American Airline s)?

I would jump all over that price and schedule. Doubt you will see a lower fare. There's always a chance the airline will change the time, esp. over 9 months, but usually it's minor and you always have a window to re-book without a fee if you don't like the time they've changed to........

Are you flying from JFK? I would wait to book anything. We flew JetBlue from JFK (direct flights) and absolutely recommend it. Are you flying American for a specific reason?

I don't remember exactly how much it was for us, but our roundtrips were in the $400 dollar range each. The price you saw was a good price, and the prices will change very often. I was watching flights for a long time, and booked at the end of April for a mid-August flight.

We flew in on a 8:45 am flight that arrived in Seattle at 11:45. We spent a few days there before our cruise. On the way home, we chose to fly out on a red-eye on Monday night because it was a little cheaper and we could spend more time there. That was a 9:20 pm flight and we arrived back at JFK just after 5 am.

Good luck with your planning!

I've been looking also. I'm hoping to go direct, especially for the trip home. Jet blue won't have their full Summer schedule for 2015 out for a while yet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I just looked at JetBlue's website and at the last possible date they have travel for. The direct flight we took to Seattle (flight 63) has been running everyday and is still going everyday out in mid-June. Our return flight (flight 264) is also still flying everyday out in June. Pretty good chance they will be the same when you need to travel. The other flight (there's 2 a day direct) will probably be the same as well. Just a tip so you can be prepared for it when they release it :)

I don't know if you'll find any directs from LaGuardia to Seattle, but there definitely are some from Newark and JFK.

Our 8:45 am flight arrived in Seattle at 11:45 am PST, which gives a little more time than the one you mentioned. There is an evening flight as well.

We chose to do the redeye flight, but there is a JetBlue direct flight from Seattle at 12:45 pm arriving to JFK around 9 pm. (It's actually the flight that we took out making it's return trip to JFK... the flight crew is based in NY and they do these flights daily.)

I just looked at JetBlue's website and at the last possible date they have travel for. The direct flight we took to Seattle (flight 63) has been running everyday and is still going everyday out in mid-June. Our return flight (flight 264) is also still flying everyday out in June. Pretty good chance they will be the same when you need to travel. The other flight (there's 2 a day direct) will probably be the same as well. Just a tip so you can be prepared for it when they release it :)

Yep. I've been keeping an eye out. in 2014 - they did not run the direct flight TO Seattle on Saturdays - which is when I needed to fly (I ended up cancelling that trip all together). In 2015 - I can fly on Sat or Sun. Good to know the direct flight is avail on Saturdays.

I have miles with USAir and Jet Blue... Jet Blue goes direct and USAir does not. But I have enough to fly first class on USAir which might make having to deal with a layover tolerable.

Have you even looked at Southwest? They do not have a schedule out for next summer as of yet, but their 'Gotta Get Away' fares are the cheapest around, plus you don't pay for your luggage, (2 bags go free). They fly out of Islip, LaGuardia, and Newark.

We always fly with them out of Islip. No waiting ever, get on the plane and go. Guaranteed they will be cheaper than Jet Blue.

Cheers

Len

Have you even looked at Southwest? They do not have a schedule out for next summer as of yet, but their 'Gotta Get Away' fares are the cheapest around, plus you don't pay for your luggage, (2 bags go free). They fly out of Islip, LaGuardia, and Newark.

We always fly with them out of Islip. No waiting ever, get on the plane and go. Guaranteed they will be cheaper than Jet Blue.

Cheers

Len

I just wanted to pop in and make a comment about Southwest.

I live about 15 mins from Albany airport, but my parents are like 5 minutes from Islip. I was constantly stalking Southwest (in addition to JetBlue), and found it to be cheaper to fly from ISP to SEA, than from ALB. That being said, Southwest does NOT have direct flights to Seattle. All their flight options will either be multi-stop/layover/change planes. Estimated travel time is 8 1/2 hours +++ It will be the same from LGA or EWR.

I got JetBlue tickets in comparable price (just a tiny bit higher) to Southwest which were direct flights... about 5 hours-ish. This was our first time flying JetBlue. I've flown Southwest more than any other airline, because like I said, I grew up in Ronkonkoma. Southwest is a good airline, but it may not be the best option out to Seattle.

I too have been researching rt flights from Newark to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise (May 2015) and I was shocked at the seemingly low prices of $345 offered by United (non stop) for some of their flights. I am hoping that price is available for the dates I select to fly. I prefer paying the extra baggage fee than spending more hours traveling as required by both Jet Blue and Southwest.

I too have been researching rt flights from Newark to Seattle for an Alaskan cruise (May 2015) and I was shocked at the seemingly low prices of $345 offered by United (non stop) for some of their flights. I am hoping that price is available for the dates I select to fly. I prefer paying the extra baggage fee than spending more hours traveling as required by both Jet Blue and Southwest.
Not sure if you want another credit card, but the (B of A) Alaska Airlines Visa card will get you a 25,000 mile sign-up bonus, plus an annual $100 companion fare (good on Alaska flights) that you can use on any Alaska-operated route, e.g. Seattle, California, Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska... You can use it for one-ways, round trips, or open jaws - for example EWR-SEA, EWR-SEA-EWR, or EWR-SEA-ANC//YVR-SEA-EWR. (Or EWR-SEA-HNL-SEA-EWR.)

So if you get the card, add the price of one ticket at the lowest fare you want (on Alaska-operated flights) plus the $100 companion ticket (something like $118 after taxes) then divide by two, and see what the cost is.

Note also that Alaska partners with many other airlines, so you can use the miles on American, Delta, KLM, Air France, British Airways, Qantas, Emirates, Cathay Pacific... usually with excellent redemption rates.

I just wanted to pop in and make a comment about Southwest.

I live about 15 mins from Albany airport, but my parents are like 5 minutes from Islip. I was constantly stalking Southwest (in addition to JetBlue), and found it to be cheaper to fly from ISP to SEA, than from ALB. That being said, Southwest does NOT have direct flights to Seattle. All their flight options will either be multi-stop/layover/change planes. Estimated travel time is 8 1/2 hours +++ It will be the same from LGA or EWR.

I got JetBlue tickets in comparable price (just a tiny bit higher) to Southwest which were direct flights... about 5 hours-ish. This was our first time flying JetBlue. I've flown Southwest more than any other airline, because like I said, I grew up in Ronkonkoma. Southwest is a good airline, but it may not be the best option out to Seattle.

Good to know. I didn't realize SW didn't have direct flights to Seattle.

Cheers

Len

I prefer paying the extra baggage fee than spending more hours traveling as required by both Jet Blue and Southwest.

Jet Blue goes direct from JFK. So not sure what you mean about more hours.

Not sure if you want another credit card, but the (B of A) Alaska Airlines Visa card will get you a 25,000 mile sign-up bonus, plus an annual $100 companion fare (good on Alaska flights) that you can use on any Alaska-operated route, e.g. Seattle, California, Mexico, Hawaii, Alaska... You can use it for one-ways, round trips, or open jaws - for example EWR-SEA, EWR-SEA-EWR, or EWR-SEA-ANC//YVR-SEA-EWR. (Or EWR-SEA-HNL-SEA-EWR.).

A LOT of airlines do this. Delta's AmEx and USAir's Visa both provide for early boarding and 1 bag free with card also.

* note that you have to spend a certain amount on the card before points are transferred. so if you are considering this - get the card a month or more before you think you are ready to book the flights.