Barcelona airport bus and luggage

envy4u

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I always prefer the bus now as they run so frequently, are easy to access and have good storage for bags for the journey. The bus A1 runs from Terminal 1 and the A2 from Terminal 2. While the bus is a little more at 5.90 euro, it does have very limited stops and the end stop is closer to the Ramblas.

The train only runs from Terminal 2 and leaves just every 30 minutes. The trip is 22 minutes to Sants and then 27 minutes to Gracia. You then have to get from there to the Ramblas area.

I do not know of any safety issues on the Aerobus, but safety issues on the actual train would also be very rare.

I was researching this more and discovered that from the bus stop I will still need to get on the light rail to get to my hotel. (Drassanes station (green line metro L3)). So i am just wondering if i shouldn't just take the light rail from the airport. But am concerned per your info that it would take alot of time. Am i confusing things? Is there a train and light rail or are they one in the same?

i prefer to learn the public system if its a safe option. Plus, (from my limited experience) Europe has such a better system than the US. This gives more flexibility to go where I want to go and not always have to pay the high cost of taxis. If safety or other logistics show otherwise, than there is no other choice. But if its a viable option, than it saves money and allows me to spurge in other areas.

i prefer to learn the public system if its a safe option. Plus, (from my limited experience) Europe has such a better system than the US. This gives more flexibility to go where I want to go and not always have to pay the high cost of taxis. If safety or other logistics show otherwise, than there is no other choice. But if its a viable option, than it saves money and allows me to spurge in other areas.

I'm perfectly happy to take the subway or metro around European cities when I'm visiting, and definitely do so. But when I've landed in Europe after an overnight flight, and it's the middle of the night body time, I see no reason to drag my luggage onto a train or bus and then perhaps along the street to get to my hotel. I wouldn't do it in the U.S. either. We're all different. Enjoy your trip.

I was researching this more and discovered that from the bus stop I will still need to get on the light rail to get to my hotel. (Drassanes station (green line metro L3)). So i am just wondering if i shouldn't just take the light rail from the airport. But am concerned per your info that it would take alot of time. Am i confusing things? Is there a train and light rail or are they one in the same?

The R10 is a regional train and a part of the local train Cercanias system.

The metro is connected to these stations but involves a separate ticket and transfer.

I never use this combo and have not kept up with if the T10 ticket will still transfer. This would count as two trips I believe, if it is included.

One way to get to the lower Ramblas area would be to take the Bus to the first stop at Plaza Espana and then change to the local bus D20 that is going down Av. Parallel. The bus would be an additional 2 euro or you could use it as a part of the T10 ticket.

You could also take a taxi from that Bus stop.

I'm perfectly happy to take the subway or metro around European cities when I'm visiting, and definitely do so. But when I've landed in Europe after an overnight flight, and it's the middle of the night body time, I see no reason to drag my luggage onto a train or bus and then perhaps along the street to get to my hotel. I wouldn't do it in the U.S. either. We're all different. Enjoy your trip.

I am with you and prefer not be dragging my luggage around from bus or train to metro and up and down the steps after a long flight.

• 1 month later...