Another Ft. Lauderdale hotel question

steffysmom

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that we can see the cruise ships as they come and go ? We are arriving 4 days prior to our vacation and would like to watch the ships arriving early in the morning and leaving in the afternoon. We have stayed at the Pier 66 hotel as well as the Hilton Marina but wanted to see if there were any other hotels that would give us a nice view of the cruise ships.

Thanks !

It is commonly discussed on this board that Hyatt Pier 66, Hilton Marina and the Embassy Suites are good for shop watching. Of course only certain sides of those hotels allow viewing, thus getting a room on the appropriate side will be critical.

Can anyone recommend a hotel in Ft. Lauderdale that we can see the cruise ships as they come and go ? We are arriving 4 days prior to our vacation and would like to watch the ships arriving early in the morning and leaving in the afternoon. We have stayed at the Pier 66 hotel as well as the Hilton Marina but wanted to see if there were any other hotels that would give us a nice view of the cruise ships.

Thanks !

You probably aren't going to see them come in as they get in in the middle of the night.

Guess we need to define "middle of the night", as they start arriving around 5am.

No, they actually start rolling in around 3am. They are all usually in by 5AM.

My husband works late and sometimes we'll drive over and walk the 17th Street bridge when he gets off and we'll watch them come in.

Edited by BlueHerons

I live on the beach 14 miles north of Port Everglades and when I'm awake around 3 - 3:30 am I can see cruise ships sailing south heading to Port Everglades. They probably get there around 4 - 4:30 or so. Of course that is just one approach to the port. When we have docked in Port Everglades (over half a dozen times) we've usually arrived around 5 am even though the cruise information may say a later arrival time.