California Cruises ️

• 2 weeks later...
This time of year you will find cruises to and from Hawaii and also to Western Mexico. Western Mexico will mostly be 7 day cruises and Hawaii a 14 day round trip cruise.

Keith

Carnival does 3 & 4 day cruises to Ensenada.

Carnival does 3 & 4 day cruises to Ensenada.

Also a thing to note, the 3 day weekend cruises are mostly considered to be booze cruises. The 4 day ones may be as well if you are looking at a time frame that falls with in spring break.

• 3 weeks later...
Would like to Cruise out of California March of 2016 with my Husband and 2 teenage boys. Cruise line and destination recommendations please! Thank you in advance. [emoji6]

If you've never cruised before, then I would suggest a 4 day cruise out of LA to Victoria, BC and then Vancouver, BC or a 4 day out of LA to Catalina Island and Ensenada, Mexico and back to LA. There are also 2 other Princess cruises that month (1 from LA to SF, Ensenada, Santa Barbara, San Diego and back to LA and 1 that is the same except starting in SF and going to LA and the other 2 cities and then back to SF)

These shorter cruises will give you a chance to see what cruising is like without having to invest a large amount of time and money just to maybe find out that cruising is not for you.

Good luck on making the right choice for your family!

Tom

• 2 weeks later...

Pardon me for giving the "Cranky Old Man" reply, but I'm guessing that you are looking at March because you are coordinating with your teenagers' school spring break. The 3/4 day Ensenada cruises out of Los Angeles tend to attract a lot of people on a "booze cruise." My one and only experience was a 4-day last January. In addition to having to put up with obnoxious passengers, I felt that the ship's staff knew that they did not have to perform to a particularly high standard, because so many of the passengers were only interested in getting drunk, were probably not prospective return customers, and were, probably, not very good tippers. My guess is that during spring break this tendency will be aggravated by college fratenity types more free time than sense--or courtesy.

My $.02 worth. If somebody jumps in with a better experience, then that would be great.

• 2 weeks later...
This is why I won't book any cruise that offers an unlimited alcohol package as an incentive. I have heard horror stories of people throwing up in the hallway.

Was this in response to the post by XBGuy? If so, Carnival does not offer such a thing as an incentive. They have something you can purchase, but it is not technically unlimited as you only get 15 drinks per day. Either way....

People that drink that much and do that, never classy