Sagrida Familia

kevg1889

We are due to dock in Barcelona at 1pm on the 30th October, and I would like to book tickets for Sagrida Familia & the towers. Can anyone guide me on the best time to book, allowing for disembarking and getting to the venue?

We are due to dock in Barcelona at 1pm on the 30th October, and I would like to book tickets for Sagrida Familia & the towers. Can anyone guide me on the best time to book, allowing for disembarking and getting to the venue?

Hi

I shall be in Barcelona on the Ventura on 1st October and can let you know if my plans have worked when I return.We are due to dock "morning" (???)

I have taken a stab in the dark and booked for an 11.30 - 11.45 entry to the cathedral. We will metro from Dressanes to SF. A change of line is required so we have no real idea how long this journey will take. If we get there early we will take a long look outside. If we get off the ship at 9am, the journey and buying tickets CAN'T take any more than an hour , can it??

We have tickets with the audio guide which is approx one and a quarter hours and then we have booked to go up the passion facade tower at 13.00.

Regards

My husband and I will be in Barcelona in mid Oct. On a Thursday and not sure if we should get tickets in advance or since it is off season can we can just show up ?? If I need to get tickets in advance should I use there website direct or some other website like Viator ???

Thanks Stefanie

My husband and I will be in Barcelona in mid Oct. On a Thursday and not sure if we should get tickets in advance or since it is off season can we can just show up ?? If I need to get tickets in advance should I use there website direct or some other website like Viator ???

Thanks Stefanie

I have seen amazing lines at the Sagrada Familia during "off season" times. It is a major Barcelona attraction, if not the major attraction. So unless you really enjoy standing in line for an hour or so to buy tickets, purchase the tickets in advance. We use their official website.

Thanks Stefanie

I would not take a chance on hoping there is not a line. I'd pre-buy the tickets, from the official website.

http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets/

Hi

I shall be in Barcelona on the Ventura on 1st October and can let you know if my plans have worked when I return.We are due to dock "morning" (???)

I have taken a stab in the dark and booked for an 11.30 - 11.45 entry to the cathedral. We will metro from Dressanes to SF. A change of line is required so we have no real idea how long this journey will take. If we get there early we will take a long look outside. If we get off the ship at 9am, the journey and buying tickets CAN'T take any more than an hour , can it??

We have tickets with the audio guide which is approx one and a quarter hours and then we have booked to go up the passion facade tower at 13.00.

Regards

If you leave at 9am you should have plenty of time to get there. Assuming you don't get lost it's pretty straightforward and should be less than an hour. Had about the same ticket time and got there easily.

The biggest factor might be the shuttle bus from the cruise ship, but they seemed to run fairly regularly. (We ended up doing our ship shuttle for 5€ round trip).

The Dressanes train is just a few blocks from the drop off point and the trains run very regularly (about every 5-6 minutes). Even with the transfer the overall train ride is fairly quick.

Another option is to take a slightly longer walk (a little less than a mile) and walk to the Paral-lel station on the purple line and take a direct train to SF (6 stops about 10 minutes). We did this at the suggestion of the person at the shuttle bus counter (where we also picked up a map).

If you're going to see some other sights and plan on taking a few train rides, I'd suggest you purchase the 10 single ride ticket for 10€ as opposed to paying 2€ per ride. As an aside, I really loved the Metro in Barcelona.

Also suggest you review and download Toms Port Guide to your phone. Was very useful.

If you leave at 9am you should have plenty of time to get there. Assuming you don't get lost it's pretty straightforward and should be less than an hour. Had about the same ticket time and got there easily.

The biggest factor might be the shuttle bus from the cruise ship, but they seemed to run fairly regularly. (We ended up doing our ship shuttle for 5€ round trip).

The Dressanes train is just a few blocks from the drop off point and the trains run very regularly (about every 5-6 minutes). Even with the transfer the overall train ride is fairly quick.

Another option is to take a slightly longer walk (a little less than a mile) and walk to the Paral-lel station on the purple line and take a direct train to SF (6 stops about 10 minutes). We did this at the suggestion of the person at the shuttle bus counter (where we also picked up a map).

If you're going to see some other sights and plan on taking a few train rides, I'd suggest you purchase the 10 single ride ticket for 10€ as opposed to paying 2€ per ride. As an aside, I really loved the Metro in Barcelona.

Also suggest you review and download Toms Port Guide to your phone. Was very useful.

Thankyou very much for your help, we seem to think along similar lines. I have already downloaded "toms port guides" for all the ports we are visiting and I intend to buy one T10 ticket that both my husband and I can pass back to each other.

We intend to go to Park Guell after SF and have realised that it will be a bit of a mission and an uphill walk if we take the metro and the buses are not that convenient, so the suggestion is to take a taxi (from helpful CCers).

We will then metro back to Barri Gotic if we have any energy left or straight back to the port.

Regards

I have seen amazing lines at the Sagrada Familia during "off season" times. It is a major Barcelona attraction, if not the major attraction. So unless you really enjoy standing in line for an hour or so to buy tickets, purchase the tickets in advance. We use their official website.

Thanks I will go with the audio guide through the official site! Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
I would not take a chance on hoping there is not a line. I'd pre-buy the tickets, from the official website.

http://www.sagradafamilia.org/en/tickets/

When purchasing the tickets from this site, do they send your tickets/vouchers to you via email? Do you need to print or just show on your phone?

Thanks!

When purchasing the tickets from this site, do they send your tickets/vouchers to you via email? Do you need to print or just show on your phone?

Thanks!

I haven't yet purchased tickets since our cruise isn't until April so I don't know the answer. Hopefully someone else does.

I thought someone on another thread mentioned picking up pre-ordered tickets at a will-call window but I could be wrong.

I have booked my tickets online & you just print them out. We went for 4-15pm for our visit time with a 5-15 slot for the Tower - we chose the Tower of the Passion Facade, as that seems to be the most popular. This gives us 2 hours to get from the port, and if we get there quite quickly we can look around the outside etc. On the website, it looks like there is a set number of places for each time slot, and certain time slots had already sold out so I thought I'd better book quickly. The total for both of us was 39 euros, including the towers. - Can't wait to see it now!!

I have booked my tickets online & you just print them out. We went for 4-15pm for our visit time with a 5-15 slot for the Tower - we chose the Tower of the Passion Facade, as that seems to be the most popular. This gives us 2 hours to get from the port, and if we get there quite quickly we can look around the outside etc. On the website, it looks like there is a set number of places for each time slot, and certain time slots had already sold out so I thought I'd better book quickly. The total for both of us was 39 euros, including the towers. - Can't wait to see it now!!

Thank you. I hoped that would be the case. We are going to Paris pre cruise and had to pay shipping for the Paris City passes we purchased, to have them sent to our hotel.

Have a great cruise. :D