Weisers Beach - Best kept secret

SandyR5

Hi - Just returned from Celebrity Eclipse 2 week cruise. Friends recommended Weisers Beach to us. If you first stop in the tourist office in the terminal, they will give you a coupon for free rum punch. When you get to the taxis though, they all want to take you to The Boatyard. They insist The Boatyard is the place to go. It took 4 drivers to find one to take us to Weisers. It is quiet, closer to ship than Boatyard, easy to get to and lovely. $5 cab ride, $5 each chair and yup, $5 umbrella. There's a restaurant/bar and a really lovely beach. Someone came and asked if we wanted to rent a jetski, but other than that, its just a lovely beach to hang out and relax. No hawkers and its run by a really nice guy from Queens, NY. He sits by the restaurant/bar and watches everything so you don't have to worry about all of you going into the water and someone taking your stuff. Private, lovely, quiet and close by. We has asked our driver to pick us up, but as we went to the road to wait, different vans that were taking people back to the ship just stopped and asked if we wanted a ride back. So, no worries about transportation. The Boatyard is great if you want lots of people/music/water toys, but this place is great for quiet/drinks/food/swimming. What a find!;)

Hi - It looks close, wasn't a long taxi ride by any means, about equi-distant as Carlisle Bay but on other side of pier, but...as you find if you've ever been to Vegas, the hotels all look close until you start to walk. :D That said, I'm sure it's an easy walk under 1/2 hr. Just have to know where you're going. I bet the tourist info desk at the pier could give you a map with no problem.

:rolleyes:Sorry - No pics. Been on Caribbean cruises many, many times and don't take cameras anymore. There was free wifi there, but didn't use it.

Bet if you google brandon beach barbados or Weisers barbados you'll get some pics.

Just googled Brandon Beach Barbados and got great pics.

Edited by SandyR5

• 2 weeks later...

Does this beach have a lot of palm trees? So many of the pictures we're seeing look more like smaller trees/brush rather than the tall palms we'd like to enjoy. Is there decent snorkeling there?

And can Weiser's beach be reached by taking the bus from Bridgtown (near the cruise port area) and if so, where would we get off?

Thank you for any help or information

Hi - No big beautiful palm trees. Just a pretty, quiet, lovely beach without the crowds of the Boatyard. Don't know about the bus. Only know its $5 per person by taxi.:o

SandyR5-Appreciate your answer to my questions, and all the information you posted is most helpful! Hoping someone will let me know if the local buses go near here, too!

Catching a cab might be easier than the bus. Brandons is so close to port - just north of the Mount Gay Factory along Spring Garden Hwy.

I'm pretty sure the #25 stops near there, somewhere along Deacons Road, but I can't remember for sure. It's also a milk-run...

I believe a cab from Bridgetown Harbour to Deacons Rd. is only $5.

Cheers, P:)

• 2 weeks later...
SandyR5-Appreciate your answer to my questions, and all the information you posted is most helpful! Hoping someone will let me know if the local buses go near here, too!

Local buses do not go there.If you are fit it will take you about 30 mins walk or 3 mins by taxi at 5.00 dollars per person.

This beach looks great for pics but is really not a nice beach for visitors. Yes it is quiet and not crowded. However there are no water sport activities and very little umbrellas and beach chairs for visitors. Then there is the discomfort of rocks under your feet instead of sand as you walk into the water.

Locals mainly use this beach especially on evenings for beach volley ball,racket ball and exercising. There is a great restaurant that serves local food and the free rum punch is to encourage tourist to come there.

It Always depends on what you're looking for. We wanted quiet so it was perfect. We brought water shoes with us so the rocky entrance was no problem. After being by pool on ship it was great for us to be on a beach with just 2 other people, drink rum punches and relax.

Yup, FREE wifi. You have to go near the bar/restaurant, but it worked great. We sent pictures home. Love to show friends, in cold NY, pics of us on the beach with rum punches in our hands. :D

Sandy, thanks for the review. I am now considering this beach for my day in Barbados. Have you been to other beaches in Barbados? Just wondering how you would compare them. I am looking for something more quiet and less crowded than Boatyard. Thanks.

Did you take any pictures?
Yes, you can walk it, but it's a bit circuitous.

Take a taxi for just $5. Help bump up the local economy *wink*

Here are a few pics..

Brandons-10.jpg

Weiser_s-46.jpg

Edited by Aplmac

• 2 years later...