Official Name Change to Denali

oaktreerb

Do you think Princess will change the name of the Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge in Talkeetna now that Mt. McKinley will officially be Mt. Denali?

I suppose they could call it the Talkeetna Princess Lodge.

Good question, particularly since there is already a Denali Princess Lodge. Perhaps the Chulitna River Lodge might be appropriate since it overlooks that river.

As an Alaska resident, extremely glad to see the name change. Long overdue since folks up here have long called it Denali which is the traditional name.

Edited by Chenega

Do you think Princess will change the name of the Mt. McKinley Princess Lodge in Talkeetna now that Mt. McKinley will officially be Mt. Denali?

I suppose they could call it the Talkeetna Princess Lodge.

I wondered about the "McKinley" Princess name, too. However, the lodge isn't in Talkeetna.

I've also wondered if Princess will modify the name of the Mt. McKinley Princess.

And as another Alaskan resident I also am pleased the name will be changed to Denali. Here in the Interior, in the heart of Athabascan culture, we can always tell a visitor when they stumble over the pronunciation of Tok, Nenana and Tanana, and also call the mountain Mt. McKinley. Interior residents generally have referred to it as Denali.

I was pleased to see the change. I would always hesitate when I would tell people about our visits to the Denali National Park and how thrilled we would be to see "the mountain"! Then I would go into an explanation of the two names. It didn't make much sense to keep the Mt McKinley name for so long.

,Chenega, Chulitna River Lodge would be great name and more descriptive of the area. The view of Denali from the lodge is amazing on a clear day.

Edited by oaktreerb

Looking forward to seeing Denali next year. Is it Denali or Mt Denali? (In Australia the landscapes were returned to traditional names several years ago. The most well known one - Ayers Rock is Uluru.)

Edited by Pushka