Paris hotel recommendation.

aunteemom

We would appreciate hotel recommendations for Paris. We will be staying 3 nights. We would like to stay in the mid price range (200+ - euro) range that is nice neighborhood, near metro and centrally located. We like small boutique hotels or even b&b. Know any gems?

What are your dates? Do you need an elevator (lift)? Etc. etc. etc. Look at Hotel Chopin and Hotel Le Bretonnerie. Hotel St. Merry is wonderful, but doesn't have an elevator. You need to be a little more specific.

Edited by Langoustine

Forget Hotel Merry then, although the best room on the 5th floor is spectacular. Try Chopin or Le Bretonnerie; both have lifts and are quite charming. Chopin is usually cheaper. Both are in the Marais.

Edited by Langoustine

This past August we stayed at Les Jardins de Eiffel which is a small hotel with a nice buffet breakfast included. It was a few blocks from the Rue Cler Market street which has many restaurants and shops. Also about 3 blocks from a Metro station and 10 minute walk from the Eiffel Tower. Our room was small by American standards but very nice with a nice modern bathroom. The best part was that we had a great view of the Eiffel Tower from our room and the bathroom.

The last couple of times we have been there, we have rented an apartment....Have you looked at that option? Will be there in November and have rented another one on the Rue du Rossiers in the 4th A..Many of the owners will rent for 3 nights and include free WiFi and even a cell phone to use for local calls....as well as a phone to call free back to the states....A simple, but nice hotel in St Germain is the Hotel Grand Balcons...very close to the Odeon metro....Have fun...

We would appreciate hotel recommendations for Paris. We will be staying 3 nights. We would like to stay in the mid price range (200+ - euro) range that is nice neighborhood, near metro and centrally located. We like small boutique hotels or even b&b. Know any gems?

Although we stayed in an apartment this time around, I would not hesitate staying at the Gramont Opera Hotel. It fits all of your criteria regarding price and especially central location near two Metro station serving several lines. Has excellent TripAdvisor reviews.

We love to stay in small Boutique Hotels. We stayed in Hotel Verneuil, and loved everything about it. There is an elevator, but you have to walk up a short flight to get to it. The hotel will carry your bags up, so don't worry about that. There is one guest room off the parlor, so if you don't want to deal with any stairs, ask if that room is available. The location is wonderful, very walkable, or the RER train a block away. They offer tickets to all of the major museums. It is like staying in a mansion, not a hotel. The breakfast is wonderful also. It is in the St. Germain neighborhood, just across the river from the Louvre.

They also offer free telephone calls back to the U.S.A. which I didn't think I needed, but then it turned out that I had a small family emergency that I had to attend to.

Check it out on Trip Advisor. The rooms are small, but upgrade to a Club Room, that is more than large enough. Very charming and the bathrooms are modern.

Edited by Got2Cruise

We stayed at the Hotel Gramont Opera. This hotel became a favorite when they had a room ready for us at 8:30 AM after we had flown all night. It has a location that is convenient to the metro and several attractions. The staff were very nice and helpful. They answered my emails with detailed advice on the hotel and Paris. We were very happy with our choice.

We love to stay in small Boutique Hotels. We stayed in Hotel Verneuil, and loved everything about it. There is an elevator, but you have to walk up a short flight to get to it. The hotel will carry your bags up, so don't worry about that. There is one guest room off the parlor, so if you don't want to deal with any stairs, ask if that room is available. The location is wonderful, very walkable, or the RER train a block away. They offer tickets to all of the major museums. It is like staying in a mansion, not a hotel. The breakfast is wonderful also. It is in the St. Germain neighborhood, just across the river from the Louvre.

They also offer free telephone calls back to the U.S.A. which I didn't think I needed, but then it turned out that I had a small family emergency that I had to attend to.

Check it out on Trip Advisor. The rooms are small, but upgrade to a Club Room, that is more than large enough. Very charming and the bathrooms are modern.

Just back from a wonderful nine day stay at Hotel Verneuil. Wonderful, helpful, attentive staff. Would definitely recommend and stay there again.

• 2 weeks later...