Ft. Lauderdale question

Reijo

Can anyone give me the name of a hotel in the ft. Lauderdale area where you can see the cruise ships as they leave. I thought we might go down a couple of days early for our Feb. Oasis cruise.

Another question ....... we usually always check in at the cruiseport between 11 and 11:30 and am always amazed at the crowd already on board. We used to always have to wait until about 11:30 to board ship but have been lucky lately and gotten on board earlier. But STILL to a very busy ship. How do these people do it?

Can anyone give me the name of a hotel in the ft. Lauderdale area where you can see the cruise ships as they leave. I thought we might go down a couple of days early for our Feb. Oasis cruise.

Another question ....... we usually always check in at the cruiseport between 11 and 11:30 and am always amazed at the crowd already on board. We used to always have to wait until about 11:30 to board ship but have been lucky lately and gotten on board earlier. But STILL to a very busy ship. How do these people do it?

Hyatt Pier 66.

Some folks already on board might be consecutive cruisers, as they are the first on board. After those, the suite guests board. So there can be quite few folks on board before general boarding starts.

Hilton Marina (request cruise ship view room).... And you need to be on a high floor... You really can't "see" the ships sailing out tho... But you can see them docked. Port Everglades has a video stream (webcam) that you can view from your computer...

Hyatt Pier 66, Lago Mar. If you post on the Florida port threads you might get some more selections. Don't be surprised if this thread gets moved.

FYI, it is exactly a 1 mile walk from the Hyatt to the rocks where you can stand and see the ships leave. Its about 400 yards walk down the beach from Lago Mar.

Can you see ships sail by from a high floor of the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort?

You are to far from the port to see them; You will probably see them already out to sea, but not leaving.

I also vote for Hyatt Pier 66.

Can you see ships sail by from a high floor of the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort?

You can not see the ships sailing out from any of the hotels.... You see them docked from high floors of the above mentioned hotels... That is it.

You can not see the ships sailing out from any of the hotels.... You see them docked from high floors of the above mentioned hotels... That is it.

You can see them sailing out only partially obscured by the condo from the upper floors of the Hyatt Pier 66 tower. I saw pictures and then a Princess ship leave from a friend's room.

FYI, it is exactly a 1 mile walk from the Hyatt to the rocks where you can stand and see the ships leave. Its about 400 yards walk down the beach from Lago Mar.

It gets dark too early in February. The park closes at dusk before the cruise ships leave.

The Hyatt but the best place to watch them leave is to walk to the top of the 17th Street Bridge. They have benches up there.

• 3 months later...

When we were at the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort we did see a few ships after they left and got out into open water. The tall condo buildings block the view as they pass by them.

It is a distance so you don't get a great view but, you know it's cruise ship.

We had a junior suite (I think that is what they called it - we were upgraded at check-in) on the 9th floor of the Hyatt Pier 66 tower that was facing the port and the ocean. We most definitely could see the ships come and go. There is a condo that blocks part of the trip through the channel, but no problem seeing them on both sides of that building and in the port.

This was from our room balcony:

P2080002Small_zps5cfc2b67.jpg

As was this zoom:

P2080003Small_zpsa1673549.jpg

Dan.