Parking at Cape Liberty

jilro

On our January Anthem cruise, we arrived at the port around 11:00 am. There was already a 20-30 minute line to drop bags. There is not a shortcut to the garage that bypasses the check-in line.

As you arrive at bag drop area, tell the person directing traffic that you are parking in the garage - you can skip past the curbside drop off area and go directly to the garage. The garage has their own bag drop area on the ground level. Then go up the ramp and pay for your parking. Remember where you parked (don't ask).

Here's a good tip - there will be check-in personnel with iPads by the elevator on the ground floor. You can check in right there with no waiting. They will stamp your set sail pass indicating that you have checked in. Go through security and if they have started general boarding, just walk onto the ship. Head for Cafe 270 (aft) and enjoy one of the roast beef sandwiches.

Lou

Thanks Lou... This is great information ! :)

Do you know how long you have to wait for the shuttle from Ramada Inn to pick you up after you get back from the cruise? Thanks Judy

We haven't done it yet but when I reserved it it asked me what time I wanted. I think I put 10:30?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thinking now of getting a hotel the night before the cruise. Can anyone suggest a hotel where we can park our car and get transportation. Thanks Judy

We're staying at the Embassy Suites in Elizabeth, NJ for $249/night. It's their Park, Ride and Go package with includes parking and voucher for round trip ride to port.

Thank you for writing this review! We are doing this package 4/17 and our biggest concern was having a hassle with the shuttle. Feel much better now[/qoute]

Double check with the Ramada front desk and confirm your shuttle times. Our problem with our shuttle to the port was that they thought we wanted to go at 10:00 and we wanted to go at 11:00, so when the hotel shuttle left at 10:00 they thought we were on it. Then the shuttle was stuck in the drop off line at the port, and couldn't get back for us, so we ended up in a Town Car ( which I assume also belonged to the hotel)

Thank you for writing this review! We are doing this package 4/17 and our biggest concern was having a hassle with the shuttle. Feel much better now[/qoute]

Double check with the Ramada front desk and confirm your shuttle times. Our problem with our shuttle to the port was that they thought we wanted to go at 10:00 and we wanted to go at 11:00, so when the hotel shuttle left at 10:00 they thought we were on it. Then the shuttle was stuck in the drop off line at the port, and couldn't get back for us, so we ended up in a Town Car ( which I assume also belonged to the hotel)

Will definitely do that - thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
For a 5 night/6day cruise will the port parking be $100 or $120. The website says $20/ DAY? And is there plenty of parking available? I don't see where you can make a reservation.

$100 payable on entry by cash or credit card. Both garage and overflow outdoor lot parking. No reservations.

• 2 weeks later...
On our January Anthem cruise, we arrived at the port around 11:00 am. There was already a 20-30 minute line to drop bags. There is not a shortcut to the garage that bypasses the check-in line.

As you arrive at bag drop area, tell the person directing traffic that you are parking in the garage - you can skip past the curbside drop off area and go directly to the garage. The garage has their own bag drop area on the ground level. Then go up the ramp and pay for your parking. Remember where you parked (don't ask).

Here's a good tip - there will be check-in personnel with iPads by the elevator on the ground floor. You can check in right there with no waiting. They will stamp your set sail pass indicating that you have checked in. Go through security and if they have started general boarding, just walk onto the ship. Head for Cafe 270 (aft) and enjoy one of the roast beef sandwiches.

Lou

An update from our 3/27/16 Anthem cruise. We arrived at 10:30 am and there was a short line, maybe 5 minutes to bag drop. I asked the person directing traffic if there was a bag drop in the garage, he said "not today". Also the check in personnel with the iPads were not standing by the elevators this time. There were plenty of them gathered outside by the front door to the terminal. We checked in and were on board before 11:00 am.

We were on a B2B so just got off today, 4/18. We did self assist. We got in line at 6:00 am. The line stretched from the mid ship elevator to Vintages (later all the way to Two70). They started letting us off a little early at 6:20 am. We never stopped walking until we reached customs. In our car by 6:40am!

We embarked on 4/8 and no luggage drop-off in garage, but the iPad guys were by the elevator. For debarkation today, we had a 7:00 number and once they called us we walked right on through to our waiting luggage, through customs and to our car. No lines anywhere. Must have missed the self assist line Lou mentioned above. We were in our car on our way by 7:30! Of course then we sat in NYC traffic for quite a while on our way back to CT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As many of you know, Premier Parking at Port Liberty went out of business awhile back. We had used them several times and had no problems, so I was disappointed that they would no longer be available.

Today, I got an e-mail from a company called 'Parkway Parking'. The headline of the e-mail is...

Grand Re-Opening

Port Liberty NJ Cruise Parking Facility Re-Opened With New Management!!!

They go into some detail explaining the rate will be $11.99 a day with the shuttles going to/from the ship. There is a map at the below web site and it looks like it is the same site as Premier was.

They give the web site for more info...

https://parkwayparking.com/location/cruise-parking-port-liberty

I know that it is risky going with this "untried" company, but we are going on the Anthem on Jun 16th and HATE paying the $20 a day at the dock. Anyone else going to try them out?

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

They won't give you the address and directions until you book? That's the biggest red flag I have ever seen. I am thinking it's a big bait and switch & I wouldn't chance it.

You can make a 'psuedo' reservation for a parking spot. The screen that comes up to enter the name/address/credit card/etc has the address listed. I Googled the address and it was exactly the same as the 'old' Premier Parking location.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

You can make a 'psuedo' reservation for a parking spot. The screen that comes up to enter the name/address/credit card/etc has the address listed. I Googled the address and it was exactly the same as the 'old' Premier Parking location.

Please see my post #4 on http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2352057

If you try them out, please post back your experience. The main concern is the licensing and insurance status of the shuttle vehicles. There are also security concerns with ditching your car in a highly urban industrialized area like Bayonne. This is not a real parking lot that operates on a 7x24 basis.

Yeah, I live here and I wouldn't park at that off-site lot.

Parking at the port looks really nice and convenient. We went out to the monument to watch the Anthem leave last Saturday and the parking garage is all spiffy and new. I can understand wanting to save the money by parking elsewhere, but I'm not sure I would want to take the chance here.

Last year, when we cruised from Cape Liberty, the parking deck was not completed. Parking for the RCCL ship (sailing Saturday) used the lot directly across from the terminal. Parking for the Summit (sailing Sunday) used the lot about 1,000(+) feet west of the terminal building. Now that the parking deck opened, is it shared by both cruise lines? Is it big enough to handle all the cars? Is there still an "overflow" lot?