Parking at Cape Liberty

jilro

Hi, going on the Anthem on May 14th. Was wondering what most do for parking? We are driving there. So far I see that parking at the pier is $20. Any suggestions?

Parking at the pier is currently the only option unless you are doing one of the limited park/cruise packages at a Newark or Staten Island hotel.

Thanks everyone for your replies. We are planning in driving from home that morning. We are 5 hrs away. Starting to think we may want to drive in the night before. Just didnt want the extra expense of a hotel.

Since I like to answer questions in a slightly different way, let me throw this idea out as well. There are some hotels that offer free parking and a free shuttle to the port. It sometimes even costs less than parking and you can start your first day of cruising with a nice breakfast and not having to recover from a long drive.

You'll find which hotels are best for that option at the home port section via Bob's link above.

Thanks everyone for your replies. We are planning in driving from home that morning. We are 5 hrs away. Starting to think we may want to drive in the night before. Just didnt want the extra expense of a hotel.

Your best deal will be though Trinityreservations.com at the Ramada Plaza for just over $200 tax included including room, parking for 21 days and round trip port transportation for up to 4 people. The other packages are at Country Inns and Embassy Suites. They offer free breakfast, but are at least $40 more with less parking time and transportation for 2 people.

Hi, going on the Anthem on May 14th. Was wondering what most do for parking? We are driving there. So far I see that parking at the pier is $20. Any suggestions?

Just clarifying that you know it's $20/day. Not $20 total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bayonne bridge is closed 9:AM to 3:PM Parking on the street will good luck its more or less permit parking orange zone. and a goooood walk. If you are going to park at the Airport and shuttle I park at Port Liberty. If you gonna find a spot on the street in Staten Island and take a cab it may cost to much those are my thoughts

Your best deal will be though Trinityreservations.com at the Ramada Plaza for just over $200 tax included including room, parking for 21 days and round trip port transportation for up to 4 people. The other packages are at Country Inns and Embassy Suites. They offer free breakfast, but are at least $40 more with less parking time and transportation for 2 people.

We are going from Albany (2 1/2 hrs) and chose this option. We are going 4/18 so I will be sure to post how it goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The Bayonne bridge is closed 9:AM to 3:PM Parking on the street will good luck its more or less permit parking orange zone. and a goooood walk. If you are going to park at the Airport and shuttle I park at Port Liberty. If you gonna find a spot on the street in Staten Island and take a cab it may cost to much those are my thoughts

Just to clarify, the Bayonne Bridge closures only affect folks coming from Staten Island. Folks coming from the Newark Airport area are not affected.

$20 bucks a day is cheap.......lol. Try parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, it's $40 bucks a day.

I just came off the Anthem and have a little comment about the parking. I got there early, so their was no line to get into the garage. But later in the day the line was getting really long. The reason for the long line was everyone had to stop and pay the parking fee's. And the guy's collecting the money when I paid were obviously in no hurry.

In my opinion, the company that runs the garage should come up with some online way of prepaying the parking fee's. It would be a much smoother experience if you could just have your receipt scanned when you enter and just go park.

$20 bucks a day is cheap.......lol. Try parking at the Manhattan Cruise Terminal, it's $40 bucks a day.

I just came off the Anthem and have a little comment about the parking. I got there early, so their was no line to get into the garage. But later in the day the line was getting really long. The reason for the long line was everyone had to stop and pay the parking fee's. And the guy's collecting the money when I paid were obviously in no hurry.

In my opinion, the company that runs the garage should come up with some online way of prepaying the parking fee's. It would be a much smoother experience if you could just have your receipt scanned when you enter and just go park.

What a great idea. Why don't you email RC with your suggestion.

Thinking now of getting a hotel the night before the cruise. Can anyone suggest a hotel where we can park our car and get transportation. Thanks Judy

Country Inn & Suites in Elizabeth has a park and cruise package.

Guest maddycat
Thinking now of getting a hotel the night before the cruise. Can anyone suggest a hotel where we can park our car and get transportation. Thanks Judy

See post #9. 138east is the expert when it comes to Cape Liberty....parking, hotels, transportation to and from the pier, etc.

What time should we arrive at cape Liberty... before the long parking lines start to form?

Edited by smiles998

On our January Anthem cruise, we arrived at the port around 11:00 am. There was already a 20-30 minute line to drop bags. There is not a shortcut to the garage that bypasses the check-in line.

As you arrive at bag drop area, tell the person directing traffic that you are parking in the garage - you can skip past the curbside drop off area and go directly to the garage. The garage has their own bag drop area on the ground level. Then go up the ramp and pay for your parking. Remember where you parked (don't ask).

Here's a good tip - there will be check-in personnel with iPads by the elevator on the ground floor. You can check in right there with no waiting. They will stamp your set sail pass indicating that you have checked in. Go through security and if they have started general boarding, just walk onto the ship. Head for Cafe 270 (aft) and enjoy one of the roast beef sandwiches.

Lou