Beach Day in Nassau

mhmclem1

We are like looking to do a beach day in Nassau on our upcoming cruise. It is just two of us, my husband and myself. I have looked into the British Colonial Hilton day pass and also the Sandals day pass. Just wondering what y'all would recommend between these two, or if there was another one we were missing out on.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Went to Nassau for the first time in May. We did the all inclusive Breeze resort. We were able to take the number 10 bus to and from for only $1.25. I would NOT recommend Breeze resort. Going back in October and planning on the Riu Palace. The BH receives great reviews, however, the beach is NOT the same as it is located in the harbor where the boat pull in. If I am in Nassau, I want to see the beautiful beaches that we see on TV.

we've been to Riu and it was wonderful. Beautiful pool with swim up bar, stairs that go down to the beautiful beach. Its right next door to the Atlantis.

Food was all you wanted, breakfast and lunch buffet . I'd highly recommend this for an all day/ all inclusive.

If you go through Island Marketing, its $75 pp for the day instead of $100.

https://bahamascruiseexcursions.com/NassauRiuResortPass.htm

About Our Day Pass:

Experience the ultimate beach day in Nassau at our exclusive RIU Palace Beach Resort all-inclusive day pass. Located on beautiful Cabbage Beach on Paradise Island, this is the ideal setting for those who want to enjoy the white sandy beach and take in the beauty of the crystal clear waters, or chill out by the swimming pool.

Your day pass has everything you could possibly want for your day in Paradise, all you can eat and drink, along with a beautiful beach and swimming pool. A buffet breakfast is served daily in the Atlantic Restaurant until 11:00am, the Bahamas Restaurant serves a buffet lunch & the 24 Sports Bar provides a fun setting for those wanting to enjoy kick back & watch your favorite sport. The pool offers a swim up bar for those wanting to sip a tasty tropical cocktail while cooling off in the water. The restaurants offer indoor seating as well as dining on the terrace where you can take in the view of the beautiful ocean.

The resort is easy to get to from your cruise ship port by taxi. A taxi will cost you approximately $12.00 for 2 people and takes 20 minutes to get to from the cruise ship port.

This exclusive all inclusive day pass is priced at $75.00 USD per adult and $60.00 for teenagers ages 12 to 17yrs and $50.00 USD for children 3 to 11yrs of age, children 2 and under are free. Teenagers must be accompanied by an adult. Towels are available for your use, please note that a deposit of $20.00 is required which is fully refunded when you turn in your towel at the end of the day. The day pass is available between the hours of 9:00am and 5:00pm. All Guests must present ID upon check in.

• 1 month later...
Went to Nassau for the first time in May. We did the all inclusive Breeze resort. We were able to take the number 10 bus to and from for only $1.25. I would NOT recommend Breeze resort. Going back in October and planning on the Riu Palace. The BH receives great reviews, however, the beach is NOT the same as it is located in the harbor where the boat pull in. If I am in Nassau, I want to see the beautiful beaches that we see on TV.

I made reservations at Breezes resort because it got good reviews here and on TA. Can you say why you would not recommend it? We're supposed to go there in a few days. Thx

There are several options, search this forum for day passes.

We are doing the resort thing in Freeport. Our ship is in Nassau for awhile. We we going to try for Cabbage beach near Atlantis. A short cab ride there and back. We are going to hit up the Queens Staircase first earliest as possible. The more I visit the same ports the braver I get with doing things on my own.

• 4 weeks later...
We were just there at British Colonial on June 18th and my husband and I really enjoyed it. Great food and drinks and the grounds are beautiful. The staff there wait on you hand and foot. Great relaxing day and easy to get to.

I think I am going to book this for my November cruise. Did you feel safe walking there?