which of these is closer to the pier in Galveston?

toxicfairy

Probably flying into Hobby air port. and cruising out of Galveston. This isn't until next August (2017) but I am trying to get my plan ready:D So when the time comes and the Hubby says well?? I can act like I know what I am talking about. I know one says Galveston but I don't know how big that city is or where the airport and cruise port are.

so...

Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront

6302 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, TX, 77551, US

OR....

Comfort Inn & Suites Texas City

320 Highway 146 North, Texas City, TX, 77590, US

Hobby airport is at least 45 minutes from Galveston Island. (Depends on traffic.) The address that says Galveston is on the Island. The Island isn't all that big. The permanent population is 50,000-60,000. Texas City is on the way to the Island, but is still on the mainland. If you are not going to have a car, I think staying on the Island makes much more sense. A taxi from the motel to the port would be less than $20.

Thank you. I read a review about the one but then i looked on the web site and saw one in Galveston. But you know how it is. Sometimes the one that seems like it would be closer isn't. Ok i printed out a page from their website wi th the Galveston address. I like to put things in a folder as I go ...makes it so much easier later I don't have to wonder...where did i see/ hear about that.:rolleyes:qp

Fly into Hobby & stay in Galveston. Lots to do if you have the time. Check out Galveston.com so much info there. They also have webcams all over the island. I love to watch the ships come in & watch them sail away.

Probably flying into Hobby air port. and cruising out of Galveston. This isn't until next August (2017) but I am trying to get my plan ready:D So when the time comes and the Hubby says well?? I can act like I know what I am talking about. I know one says Galveston but I don't know how big that city is or where the airport and cruise port are.

so...

Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront

6302 Seawall Blvd., Galveston, TX, 77551, US

OR....

Comfort Inn & Suites Texas City

320 Highway 146 North, Texas City, TX, 77590, US

Galveston is an island, approximately 50 miles south of Houston, on the Gulf of Mexico.

The island , 32 miles long and 2 miles at its widest, is laid out in a grid. East to West are numbered streets, 5th, 6th, etc. north to south is lettered (north of Broadway - named) Ave A - Harborside, Ave B-Strand, C- Mechanic, to Ave J - Broadway, south of Broadway are lettered to Seawall Blvd.

6300 block of Seawall is quite a distance from the center (shopping and dining area). Try to find something between 10th and 39th on Seawall; much closer to restaurants and things to do. Downtown hotels near the port are Harbor House and The Tremont. The Galvez is a sister hotel and provides a shuttle between these hotels though Harbor House and Tremont are walking distance.

Galveston is Galveston - Texas City is on the mainland and is a refinery town.

Edited by Galveston Cruiser

We agree with everyone else if possible fly into Hobby which is approx. 45 mins from Galveston/pier. Other airport add 30 mins. Most of the better hotels in Galveston require a 2 night stay and cost over 200. We now stay at a hotel by airport and then go to pier next morning, we stay at Doubletree for about 100 Marriot is about the same.

Galveston is a tourist destination and an island !

If you want an extended vacation with much to do and experience,

stay on Island.

Galvestonhistory.org

Galvestonislandpasses.org

Galveston.com

Moodygardens.org (large)

Shiltzerbaun Waterpark

Elissa TallShip and Maritime Museum

Second largest historical preservation society in US

Bryan Historical Museum - one of largest southwestern artifacts

Lone Star Flight Museum

Railroad Museum

Oil and Gas industry Museum

Bishops Palace

Moody Mansion

Galveston Visitors and Convention Bureau (2 convention centers )

32 miles of beach

Edited by ssb