Bio Bay Kayak Tour

luvsun22

• 4 weeks later...
We were just there 4 weeks ago and did the boat tour to the bio bay (along with the kayaks) and honestly, not much to see. They even threw tarps over and it really took a lot to see anything at all and it was very dim. :(

Sorry...I've heard that happens depending on timing factors...but didn't want to dull your enthusiasm.

• 2 months later...
We were just there 4 weeks ago and did the boat tour to the bio bay (along with the kayaks) and honestly, not much to see. They even threw tarps over and it really took a lot to see anything at all and it was very dim. :(

You need to have as little moon light as possible. There is a website that tells the best dates to do this tour.

We did it a few years ago and it was marvellous. :)

You need to have as little moon light as possible. There is a website that tells the best dates to do this tour.

We did it a few years ago and it was marvellous. :)

Yep, I'm quite aware of the moon light and best times. Our moon light was supposed to be less than half on the night we went, but it was very cloudy out from recent rain, so actually there wasn't any moon out, just clouds. The light that we seen, when on the water, was from nearby places in town. Although it's ideal to go when there's no moon out, if you are visiting on a schedule, and you only have a certain night available to go, that's when you have to go. :)

Also, everyone that has reported going several years ago said that it's wonderful. Recent visits....not so much.

We did it through the cruise line and in my book that is the only way I would go again. That being said we rarely book through the ship but with how far away the bay is so much can go wrong. We got back to the ship with about 30 minutes before we departed :eek:

BonVoyage

Dawna