Provence Connection

BNL1213

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on the tour company Provence Connection. I am thinking about booking with them, but wanted to see if anyone here has used them. I am thinking of the following tour for the port of Marseilles:

Aix-Cassis-Marseille - TOUR 8

The Cours Mirabeau

Everyday food market in Aix

Cassis

Cap Canaille sea-cliff

Notre Dame de la Garde

Anyone with experience using this company?

Hi all,

I am looking for some advice on the tour company Provence Connection. I am thinking about booking with them, but wanted to see if anyone here has used them. I am thinking of the following tour for the port of Marseilles:

Aix-Cassis-Marseille - TOUR 8

The Cours Mirabeau

Everyday food market in Aix

Cassis

Cap Canaille sea-cliff

Notre Dame de la Garde

Anyone with experience using this company?

We used them last year. Far better than the previous year's group (can't remember name of that one.

They were on time, guide spoke excellent English. great tour, We did Aix and Marseille.

I think you will not be disappointed. Aix market is small but fun. Cassis is a nice seaside town. Seems to close end of November.

Yes, that's a different company from the one I was inquiring about.

Thank you all for the endorsement. I booked this morning. Looking forward to it!

Hope you have a great trip! If you have Chris as your driver, please tell him Doug and Kathy from New York said hi!

• 2 weeks later...

We used a similar company in 2011, Provence Reservation, From Marseille, we went to Arles, Les Baux, and to the Pont du Gard. It was one of the better tours we have taken. Good luck with your choice of company and itinerary.

Edited by hubofhockey

• 2 weeks later...

not sure about the company you ask about here but be sure to check and attempt to confirm reviews are real as there are many companies doing these tours and we recently had a very bad experience with France Prestige Tours despite many excellent reviews on TA which I now question. For another trip we used Catherine at Tour Designer and found her tour excellent and well worth the money.

We used Provence Connection twice and both time they were very quick in their reply and the driver was there right when we got off the ship.

The first time was in July 2014 at our Marseille port. We booked a private tour to Cassis and it was lovely.

The second time was from our Villefranche port in July 2015. We booked a full day tour to Monaco, Villa Ephrussi and Eze.

If we ever come back to the French Riviera, I would definitely use them again.

• 1 year later...

The only problem with Provence Connection as much as many others as far as I can see is that the guide is not an official guide. They just provide an english speaking driver that they call guide. So their so called guide cannot "guide" you in an state monument or UNESCO site (The Popes Palace for example). So if you are just looking for a drive in the countryside it may be fine. If you are looking for an official guide you may have a look here for more information about official guides.

Enjoy Provence !

The only problem with Provence Connection as much as many others as far as I can see is that the guide is not an official guide. They just provide an english speaking driver that they call guide. So their so called guide cannot "guide" you in an state monument or UNESCO site (The Popes Palace for example). So if you are just looking for a drive in the countryside it may be fine. If you are looking for an official guide you may have a look here for more information about official guides.

Enjoy Provence !

I think that's partially correct. It was understood that in Avignon our tour did not include entrance/guide at the Popes Palace. On the other hand the driver did point out the highlights at each place we visited. In St. Remy he knew the history of the hospital were Van Gough was. He was also able to give us a guided tour in Arles. Understand that it is a driver and how much more they can give you is dependent on the specific driver. That said, we still had a great day.