First times cruising from Port Everglades-Need hotel

mitsugirly

If I may jump in...we are flying in to Port Everglades on February 19th to cruise out the 20th. Betterbidding.com lists the 4* properties as Hilton, Hyatt Regency and the Renaissance. The price is around $156 for 4*. Can I go wrong with any of these? Looking for a hotel near shops to give us something to do!

That is a real good price for february, all are very nice.

We did a Priceline "mystery resort 4 star" a couple of years ago for a fantastic price and got the Westin Ft Lauderdale beach resort. Great hotel with huge rooms, pool, two towers, ocean front, and walking distance to food and shops. Took us 10/15 minutes by cab to the port.

I figured not much can go wrong with "4 star" and "resort", so I clicked the button and was very happy with the hotel.:D

Hi, do you mind me asking what time of year you got the Westin and what the rate was if you can remember? Unfortunately we're going Valentines weekend so everything is triple the rate. I'd like to find some place on the beach that's semi-affordable, to me that's less than $250 .

Thanks!

Hi, do you mind me asking what time of year you got the Westin and what the rate was if you can remember? Unfortunately we're going Valentines weekend so everything is triple the rate. I'd like to find some place on the beach that's semi-affordable, to me that's less than $250 .

Thanks!

Me too! I booked Riverside and ES eons ago so my rate, while high is much less than what it is today!

The Aqua Hotel is around $228 and is two blocks to the beach .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I may jump in...we are flying in to Port Everglades on February 19th to cruise out the 20th. Betterbidding.com lists the 4* properties as Hilton, Hyatt Regency and the Renaissance. The price is around $156 for 4*. Can I go wrong with any of these? Looking for a hotel near shops to give us something to do!

Betterbidding lists what other's has received for win's on priceline. The price can fluctuate based on your date and when you bid.

So I'm guessing you are looking for Downtown/Cruise Port area. I looked it up. The 4* Express Deal for your date today is $157. It is the Hyatt Regency Pier 66. I know this because it shows the was price as $199. If you look at the 4*'s in this area you can see the Hyatt listed at $199. The location isn't exactly next to shopping and restaurants but you can easily walk across the bridge to get there. I've stayed here before.

Thanks!

Is this for the night of 2/10/17? Go look right now on Priceline for 4* in the Fort Lauderdale Beach area. The 4* Express Deal is showing for $115 for that date. It could quite possibly be the Weston as the "was price" is $263.

I had a heck of a time finding a room for the night for our cruise in March from Pt Everglades. We lived in Miami for the past 23 years so it's not like we're not familiar with the area but most of the places where we've stayed before are already sold out. I found a room for less than $200 at Ft Lauderdale Airport Cruiseport Hotel near the corner of 17th Street and Federal Hwy. (It was called the Comfort Inn back when we used to drive to the port from Miami). We're driving down from South Carolina and the Embassy Suites and Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street are already sold out or they want more than $300 per night. We're parking at the port for the cruise since we don't trust parking at the hotel lots....Port Everglades isn't exactly in the best part of town at night.

We are cruising March 5th and are driving. We had many months ago made reservations with value trips for the Hyatt Place which I will be cancelling. We just made reservations at the Double Tree in Sunrise for $159 using the MVP link that is listed on page 3 of this thread. 30 minute drive to the port.

We are cruising March 5th and are driving. We had many months ago made reservations with value trips for the Hyatt Place which I will be cancelling. We just made reservations at the Double Tree in Sunrise for $159 using the MVP link that is listed on page 3 of this thread. 30 minute drive to the port.

I too am cruising on March 5th. Good rate for the DT in Sunrise. We will have a rental car and decided to stay in Plantation. Went with the LaQuinta Plantation at SW 6th and used last minute travel. They require prepayment with 2 options. One price is $127 allowing cancellation with full refund by 3 days out. The other is an undercover price. One can figure out what the hotel is by the picture. I could tell the purple room was the same location and booked a non refundable for $118. I usually use Price line so I don't mind prepaying. This location was just remodeled. Friends are staying at the Marriott Courtyard across the street for double this rate.

It's been awhile since we have stayed in Fort Lauderdale. I used priceline for Renaissance Hotel & Hyatt Place both were excellent. We also stayed 1 time at Extended Stay...it was fine.

There are so many restaurants on 17th Street....we enjoyed Kelly's Landing (seafood) located at 17th & Cordova Rd. in the Southport Shopping Center which also has a Ross Dress for Less & Dollar Tree. Mexican: Carlos & Pepe's near the Harbor Shops on 17th. Near the Renaissance Hotel is the Boatyard Restaurant. Food was ok, but it was great to sit outside on the canal & watch the boats go by in January!

Harbor Shops has fast food restaurants, grocery store, & I think there is a wine store also.

mitsugirly: Have been following your reviews for sometime now. Really very informative. Now it is my turn to help you. We have stayed at the Quality Inn on Sterling Rd, Hollywood (Dania Beach area). This was a Comfort Inn before. There is the Oakwood Plaza behind the QI. There's some restaurants and fast food, K-Mart, and BJs (you can get wine here without being a member). They have a free shuttle (just call the hotel when you have your luggage and are at the hotel shuttle pick-up area) from the airport and a free shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. Just make sure when you check into the hotel you sign up for the shuttle to the cruise port. They have different times depending on the ship your are embarking.

We stayed here last March and are staying here this Saturday. Rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. Prices are not too steep. You could stay at the Summerhill Suites across the street from the QI, but the rooms there are like $100 more than the QI. Hope this helps you.

mitsugirly: Have been following your reviews for sometime now. Really very informative. Now it is my turn to help you. We have stayed at the Quality Inn on Sterling Rd, Hollywood (Dania Beach area). This was a Comfort Inn before. There is the Oakwood Plaza behind the QI. There's some restaurants and fast food, K-Mart, and BJs (you can get wine here without being a member). They have a free shuttle (just call the hotel when you have your luggage and are at the hotel shuttle pick-up area) from the airport and a free shuttle from the hotel to the cruise port. Just make sure when you check into the hotel you sign up for the shuttle to the cruise port. They have different times depending on the ship your are embarking.

We stayed here last March and are staying here this Saturday. Rooms are clean and the staff is very helpful. Prices are not too steep. You could stay at the Summerhill Suites across the street from the QI, but the rooms there are like $100 more than the QI. Hope this helps you.

Aww, thanks for trying to help, but we already booked with Hyatt because I found that I can stay for free by using my Southwest Points for the certificates. I appreciate it though.