Ft. Laud airport to Ft. Laud cruiseport

cemor66

What are our options? Time will be no time issue as the flight will get in at 9am. Taxi? Uber? Ship transfer? Or...are there vans at the airport that take 6/8 people? That's what I did last time I was at that port but it was arranged by someone I met at the Meet n Mingle. Are there van drivers at the airport looking to fill up vans first come first served?

FL airport is probably the easiest we have ever been to. Right outside the front doors, look left and you will see the taxi stand. (we paid about $14 for the two of us) There are also many shuttles, and yes, you have to wait until the shuttle fills up (about 8 people). Last time we were there, it was $8pp. Are you flying in the day of the cruise or the day before? If it is the day before, most of the hotels have shuttles that will pick you up. I have never used Uber, but I am sure someone else will give advice on it. The cruise port is a very quick ride from the airport. On your day of "disembarkation" there are TONS of shuttles and taxi's. There is no reason to pay $$$ via the cruise line for a transfer back to the airport.

FL airport is probably the easiest we have ever been to. Right outside the front doors, look left and you will see the taxi stand. (we paid about $14 for the two of us) There are also many shuttles, and yes, you have to wait until the shuttle fills up (about 8 people). Last time we were there, it was $8pp. Are you flying in the day of the cruise or the day before? If it is the day before, most of the hotels have shuttles that will pick you up. I have never used Uber, but I am sure someone else will give advice on it. The cruise port is a very quick ride from the airport. On your day of "disembarkation" there are TONS of shuttles and taxi's. There is no reason to pay $$$ via the cruise line for a transfer back to the airport.

Not all of the hotels have shuttles from the airport to the hotel - so check with your hotel before you start your trip. The shuttles are also close to the luggage area (follow the signs), but the shuttles can take 15-30 minutes to arrive (unless you get lucky and yours happens to be on the way to pick up someone else).

Also, if using a hotel shuttle, BE SURE IT IS FOR THE RIGHT LOCATION. For example, Hyatt Place has two locations providing shuttles and often people try to get on the wrong one (not a good idea as the locations are not near each other).

Two mini-van/SUV taxis at about $15+ per cab will get you quickly from FLL to Port Everglades; you can check with Go Airport for shuttle service, but I suspect the per person charges will be much more than the total for two cabs plus tips.

Not all of the hotels have shuttles from the airport to the hotel - so check with your hotel before you start your trip. The shuttles are also close to the luggage area (follow the signs), but the shuttles can take 15-30 minutes to arrive (unless you get lucky and yours happens to be on the way to pick up someone else).

Also, if using a hotel shuttle, BE SURE IT IS FOR THE RIGHT LOCATION. For example, Hyatt Place has two locations providing shuttles and often people try to get on the wrong one (not a good idea as the locations are not near each other).

I never said "all" hotels have shuttles....so not sure why you are quoting me.

Hotel info seems irrelevant as this is a straight shot to the port.

Two cabs or Uber cars will be most cost and time efficient for 6-8 . No need to bother with shuttles. The airport is only 10 min. from the port. You can pick up both very easily. Don't be lured to a van who will charge a per person rate as well as sit until they are full.:(

Hotel info seems irrelevant as this is a straight shot to the port.

Two cabs or Uber cars will be most cost and time efficient for 6-8 . No need to bother with shuttles. The airport is only 10 min. from the port. You can pick up both very easily. Don't be lured to a van who will charge a per person rate as well as sit until they are full.:([/quot

Agree...Do not pay per person....

Are you flying in the day of the cruise or the day before? If it is the day before, most of the hotels have shuttles that will pick you up.

This is what I was referring to in your post. I just wanted people to know that many of the FLL area hotels no longer have shuttles, at least not free ones.

FL airport is probably the easiest we have ever been to. Right outside the front doors, look left and you will see the taxi stand. (we paid about $14 for the two of us) There are also many shuttles, and yes, you have to wait until the shuttle fills up (about 8 people). Last time we were there, it was $8pp. Are you flying in the day of the cruise or the day before? .

Flying in the day of cruise, and very early. Probably get into FLL between 9-10am. Taxi is always a given. I guess the shuttles would have signs on their van or windshield...Cruiseport? And you can just pay the shuttle driver when boarding? I don't foresee any problems just trying to gather some info or some tips.

I think people are trying to tell you, and I agree, stay away from shuttles FLL to Port Everglades. Taxi price is for the car not per person and unless you are just 1 person taxi should be cheaper and a LOT more convenient. All taxi's in FLL are metered rides, there are no flat rates, so if a driver is trying to charge you a flat rate they are trying to scam you. Always make sure the meter is running at the start of the ride otherwise make them start it or get out and find a legit taxi.

Last month was the only time in FLL that the cab driver tried to scam us on the fare, He did not turn the meter on when we left the airport asked him and he said it was a flat fee of $35. Told him it wasn't and when we got to the port we could discuss it with the police at the port. He immediately asked how much we usually paid I told him $15.00 plus tip he said OK that's what I'll charge you when I gave him $15.and no tip at the port he asked about the tip and I said if you hadn't tried to cheat me you would have gotten a tip. He was not a happy camper but too bad so sad