Uber to South Beach

jacksmycat

I have never used Uber before, but plan to in Miami before and after our cruise. We also have never been to Miami. My husband and I want to go to South Beach after we get off of the Sensation. Where is the best place for Uber to drop us off at a public beach with some dining and shopping too?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

You will probably want to see the famous Ocean Drive, where the art deco buildings are. Take a look there, but for dinner/lunch or anything else other than enjoying the buildings maybe grabbing a drink and going to the beach head over to Lincoln Road. It starts at Washington Ave and 17th street.

IF you like to walk I would start by having them drop you off at Ocean Drive where it begins.

That is a fun area to walk with the art deco hotels on your left hand side and the beach on the right hand side.

There are lots of places to eat there but you can then walk over to Lincoln Road.

Or you can continue the walk on the beach side for awhile which is what we do and eventually we walk on the board walk. You can stop anywhere along the beach. Then on our way back we stop over at Lincoln Road.

Just get a map of the area or print off something on line.

We love to walk the area.

Keith

Some photos. Ocean Drive.

DSC_1707.jpg

DSC_1713.jpg

Beach Side of Ocean Drive.

DSC_1714.jpg

Eventually you can make it over to the Boardwalk. On the right side is the beach.

DSC_1720.jpg

We swung by on our return to the Holocaust Memorial.

dsc00176_orig.jpg

Then we walked over to Lincoln Road with shopping, hotels and restaurants.

dsc00182_1_orig.jpg

I never used Uber either. Going on a cruise out of the POM. Where do I find the phone number for Uber?

No phone call to Uber, it's entirely done using your smartphone and the Uber app. The app is easy to use and can show you driver availability as well as the close estimate of your fare, when you put your destination in.

I've used Uber both in Florida, other places in the US, as well as oversees in London. I have always found it a good experience.

If you are a first time me rider, you can get a $15 discount by using a referral code. I'm leaving mine if you need one, as I also get $15 off a ride.

My code is: 6y3g9

Enjoy the cruise and the ride.

Neal