Need advice on Private tours of Lisbon

We will be in Lisbon the end of Sept and are looking for advice and names of private tour companies and guides that other cruisers have experienced. We will be there from apx 10 am -10pm and would be looking to form a group from our roll call. I have looked at Portugal Premium Tours as one of the companies and wondering if others have used them and your thoughts. Also looking at Top Ten Tours.

Would appreciate names of other companies as well. This will be our first cruise to Portugal. Thank you

Mauimary😎

We have toured with both Lisbon Explorer and Top Ten Tours. I highly recommend Lisbon Explorer if you want a knowledgeable guide. I thought the guide (Paolo) was the best we ever had, and we've had a lot! Top Ten Tours was fine for transportation purposes, from one place to the next. Our daughter did the Lisbon City of Spies tour with Lisbon Walker and loved it.

We did a really nice 4 hour walking tour with Lisbon Walkers. After the tour our guide pointed out some good places for lunch, good areas for shopping, a great ice cream stop and the way back to the ship. We had lunch, walked some, had ice cream, bought gloves and were back at the ship in 2 hours after the tour ended.

Thank you Mr Click and Epixx for your responses. I have written to several companies and after hearing from them decided on My Way Tours as they were the best fit for what we were looking for. We are planning for a full day tour of Lisbon and Sintra and will be customizing a private tour with them.

Mary:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

Do check out We Hate Tourism Tours in Lisbon. Quite possibly the best tour company I have ever used and I reflected that in my Trip Adviser review of them. I will most certainly be using them when in Lisbon in September.

Melissa

We used Top Ten tours in 2012, and it was the best tour we've taken in port anywhere. I cannot overstate how wonderful, kind and knowledgeable our guide/driver was, and how lovely and professional Maria in the office was. We will be docked in Lisbon for an overnight next May, and have already been in touch with them to set up something new and different (Batalha for sure).

We noticed that we were getting in and out of the clogged sites in Sintra faster than the other tours.

We used Top Ten tours in 2012, and it was the best tour we've taken in port anywhere. I cannot overstate how wonderful, kind and knowledgeable our guide/driver was, and how lovely and professional Maria in the office was. We will be docked in Lisbon for an overnight next May, and have already been in touch with them to set up something new and different (Batalha for sure).

We noticed that we were getting in and out of the clogged sites in Sintra faster than the other tours.

We just returned from our TA and used Top Ten with our guide Alex. Could not have done better. You will get your monies worth in value, politics, history, food etc.

• 3 weeks later...
We will be in Lisbon the end of Sept and are looking for advice and names of private tour companies and guides that other cruisers have experienced. We will be there from apx 10 am -10pm and would be looking to form a group from our roll call. I have looked at Portugal Premium Tours as one of the companies and wondering if others have used them and your thoughts. Also looking at Top Ten Tours.

Would appreciate names of other companies as well. This will be our first cruise to Portugal. Thank you

Mauimary��

Just returned from a cruise and 2 days in Lisbon. We used Portugal Premium tours and were very pleased. Very well done & a reasonable price. Totally understand how they have won the awards they have.

Knowledgeable and a joy to tour with.

I would welcome the opportunity to tour with them again