Excursions to jost van dyke.

hladygirl

I am new to these forums so maybe this has been discussed before. However my guess would be that jost is not a US island but a British one and you need to clear customs to visit there. Probably too complicated for tour operators to deal with that lengthy process.

I agree - they should offer. We did a dolphin excursion in Tortola from the cruise line - had to go through customs, not sure that is the issue.

Expense maybe? I have been looking at jumping on a catamaran that offers this, at $155 per adult and $95 per kid without cruise line upcharge is pricey.

Why don't the cruise lines have excursions to jost van dyke from st Thomas?

NCL does offer an excursion to Jost Van Dyke.....we have had the pleasure of taking this excursion twice in the past and are booked for about 6 weeks from now. It is on the catamaran "Rebel"....and one of the best excursions in all our 40 years of cruising!

I've never heard of the "Rebel" cat out of STT. The Daydreamer cat goes to Jost from STT but that is the only one I'm aware of. Are you thinking of the Rebel Yell out of Road Town, Tortola?

And yes White Bay does get crowded in the afternoon and more on weekends, but the businesses there thrive on day visitors!

Good question - It's only 45 min by ferry from Red Hook and that includes a stop on STJ.

Due to a ship itinerary change, I will find myself in STT from 7AM to 10 PM on a Wednesday in March.

Since that is a nice long day, and I don't want to waste it going in and out of jewellery stores on STT,

I've done some research on VI NOW DOT COM.

I originally was looking for a ferry to Tortola, and found the JVD trip as well.

The company is Inter Island, the ferry leaves Red Hook @ 8A, then leaves JVD for the return @ 4P. $80 round trip. Certainly looks doable, if one has a little longer than the normal 9 - 5 stop in STT.

If I decide to go for it, I'll let everybody know how it works when I get back.

Due to a ship itinerary change, I will find myself in STT from 7AM to 10 PM on a Wednesday in March.

Since that is a nice long day, and I don't want to waste it going in and out of jewellery stores on STT,

I've done some research on VI NOW DOT COM.

I originally was looking for a ferry to Tortola, and found the JVD trip as well.

The company is Inter Island, the ferry leaves Red Hook @ 8A, then leaves JVD for the return @ 4P. $80 round trip. Certainly looks doable, if one has a little longer than the normal 9 - 5 stop in STT.

If I decide to go for it, I'll let everybody know how it works when I get back.

Yes it is certainly a good option for your 15-hour port time, and that schedule is available on a Wednesday. I assume customs fees are extra but I can't remember. Unfortunately this is just a tease for other day visitors unless they are in port from 7AM - 6PM.

I would consider the Daydreamer catamaran out of Sugar Bay for the same hours - $185 w/ customs fees so a bit of a splurge, but a nice day that!