Wine Package (Viva Vino) still available???

stsbj

I have found on the archives of CC that a wine package of 4, 6 or 8 bottles are available for purchase, but these posts are more than a year old. Does anyone know if the "Viva Vino" package is still available? And if so, can we pre purchase?

We will be cruising on Epic April 13th and the UBP is not available on our

sailing, so it would be nice to save a couple bucks on wine!

It appears the Viva Vino went away when "The Freestyler's" became Ultimate Beverage Package.

There is a list of wines that can be pre-ordered from the Bon Voyage Gifts shop (on line), here:

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/WineList_Fleetwide_01202014.pdf

Additionally, you can bring as much of your own wine on board as you want, just pay the "corkage" fee of $15/750ml bottle. Bring it in your carryon so that you can pay at the station right after security and not have to go to the Naughty Room to retrieve your checked bags and pay there.

You can use the list linked above to determine whether the price after corkage, is a savings, and enough for the trouble of schlepping the bottles.

ETA: We drank no wine on the ship so someone else who did may pipe up to talk about "special deals" such as multi-bottle sales that are only on certain days of certain sailings...

Edited by crystalspin

:)

Not the case. The package is alive and well and as always only orderable onboard. It was available last week on even the a Getaway.

I really hope so! I spoke with NCL today to make our final payment, and they confirmed that the UBP is not available on our sailing. When I asked about the multiple bottle wine package (couldn't remember the name!) she said yes, but was not very convincing!!! :rolleyes:

Crystalspin, I do know about bringing on our own wine and paying the corkage fee, but the lugging it on board is not appealing. As well, not knowing what wines are available at the "local liquor store" would concern us about getting something we don't like. Being from Canada, we often are not familiar with the wines available in the states, or have found that our favourites aren't available.

Time2cruise1, do you happen to have a copy of the list???

:)

I really hope so! I spoke with NCL today to make our final payment, and they confirmed that the UBP is not available on our sailing. When I asked about the multiple bottle wine package (couldn't remember the name!) she said yes, but was not very convincing!!! :rolleyes:

Crystalspin, I do know about bringing on our own wine and paying the corkage fee, but the lugging it on board is not appealing. As well, not knowing what wines are available at the "local liquor store" would concern us about getting something we don't like. Being from Canada, we often are not familiar with the wines available in the states, or have found that our favourites aren't available.

Time2cruise1, do you happen to have a copy of the list???

I posted the list on another thread same subject.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=41321398&highlight=viva+vino#post41321398

See post #5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Edited by time2cruise1

@ T2C1

Thanks for the correction -- I was basing my guess on the fact that the ONLY "hit" on the NCL site was an archived plain white document that had ViVa Vino, "the Freestyler", "the Premium Freestyler" (no more?), a soda package and a soda package with juice (that I don't think exists anymore?).

Happy to learn as much about drinking on NCL as I can!

That doesn't sound right... -- because I like to help people with the right information! That's why! Yeah, that's the reason!

There were rumours last year that the package was stopping (there is a thread here about it somewhere), but in Dec 2013, when announcements were made about changes to the wine lists, Viva Vino was specifically mentioned.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/12/prweb11394566.htm

The changed to the wine offered in the package on the Getaway, as posted by time2cruise1 seems to be in line with the announcement from December that the wines are changing but the package is continuing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The wine package was available on my recent January cruise on the Breakaway and we purchased two 8 bottle packages! :D

Don

How did that work out for you, Don? I plan on doing the same for our cruise on Breakaway this summer.

Were the selections to your liking? I know you were looking for a specific wine.

Happy to know it is still available.

:D

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

I have found on the archives of CC that a wine package of 4, 6 or 8 bottles are available for purchase, but these posts are more than a year old. Does anyone know if the "Viva Vino" package is still available? And if so, can we pre purchase?

We will be cruising on Epic April 13th and the UBP is not available on our

sailing, so it would be nice to save a couple bucks on wine!

It was on our Dec cruise on the Sun and is a great way to have wine. I don't know if it will be available during spring break, I am guessing it will.

The Vino Wine Package was available to us on the Breakaway in November.

After we boarded, we went up to Savor/Taste for lunch and there was someone at the bar in the common area outside those two restaurants who signed us up! I was so glad I didn't have to hunt them down, because when I called a week or two before our trip, they told me to go to guest services to sign up.

Thanks everybody for the info. We'll have to clarify closer to our sailing which wine list NCL is using, as it appears that the new partnership with Mondavi has changed things up, and the Viva Vino list on the Getaway was different from the original list.

I'll keep checking back to the NCL site, and we'll just have to keep sampling different wines here until our cruising date to make sure we're well educated! ;P

Thanks everybody for the info. We'll have to clarify closer to our sailing which wine list NCL is using, as it appears that the new partnership with Mondavi has changed things up, and the Viva Vino list on the Getaway was different from the original list.

I'll keep checking back to the NCL site, and we'll just have to keep sampling different wines here until our cruising date to make sure we're well educated! ;P

I posted the Getaway list expect it to change. That was from the transatlantic the first full cruise. Wine list in general was spotty since the ship would not be fully provisioned until the ship reached the states.

• 2 years later...
The Vino Wine Package was available to us on the Breakaway in November.

After we boarded, we went up to Savor/Taste for lunch and there was someone at the bar in the common area outside those two restaurants who signed us up! I was so glad I didn't have to hunt them down, because when I called a week or two before our trip, they told me to go to guest services to sign up.

Any ideas on the pricing?

Does anyone know if the Viva Vino package is still offered?

we used this one on our last trip on the Gem last Nov 14

The Enthusiast

4 Bottles - $88

6 Bottles - $132

8 Bottles - $176

Beringer, Sparkling White Zinfandel – California

Lindemans, Bin 90 Moscato – Australia

Ruffino, Pinot Grigio – Delle Venezie, Italy

Penfolds Koonunga Hill Chardonnay - South Australia

Beringer White Zinfandel - California

Colores Del Sol, Malbec – Mandoza, Argentina

Ravenswood “Zen of Zin” Zinfandel – California

Rioja Vega, Criaza-Rioja - Spain

Black Opal, Shiraz/Cabernet – Southern Australia

The Aficionado

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” category plus the following

4 Bottles - $98

6 Bottles - $146

8 Bottles - $196

Rosemont, Riesling – Southeastern Australia

Estancia, Pinot Grigio – California

North & South by Norwegian Cruise Line, Sauvignon Blanc - California

Clos du Bois,Sauvignon Blanc-North Coast, California

Simi, Chardonnay - Sonoma, California

Estancia, Pinot Noir - California

Rancho Zabaco, “Heritage Vines” Zinfandel – Sonoma, California

Blackstone, Merlot - California

Estancia, Meritage - California

The Connoisseur

Including selections from the “Enthusiast” and “Aficionado" categories plus the following

4 Bottles - $110

6 Bottles - $162

8 Bottles - $216

Dry Creek, Fume Blanc – Sonoma, California

Oberon, Sauvignon Blanc - Napa Valley, California

I'M Deep Rose Isabel Mondavi - Napa Valley, California

Isabel Mandavi, Chardonnay – Carneros, California

Bonterra Organic Chardonnay – CMendicino Valley, California

Spellbound, Petit Sirah – California

North & South by Norwegian Cruise Line, Red Blend - California

Penfolds Koonunga Hill Shiraz - South Australia

Oberon, Cabernet Sauvignon - Napa Valley, California

The Viva Vino package is only available for purchase onboard the ship. The package requires you to buy 6-8 bottles and you get a 20% reduction in the cost of the wine bottles you purchase

Edited by Orleanscruiser

• 3 weeks later...

The viva vino package is not listed on any dailies that have been posted recently.

So after all the prior posts on this thread there hasn't been a definitive answer as to its existence at the present time.

Can anyone clarify this?:confused: