Please help with transportation if you can?

familyfun4

Hello,

We are flying into Ft.Lauderdale to meet the NCL Sky in Miami. We are coming in for 2 days pre-cruise.

Car rental rates are looking like $320.00+ for a Saturday through the following Friday. I hate to spend that much for a day or so and our return to the airport when the rental will sit idle for 4 days and pay for parking on top of that.

Any suggestions/advice on how to get from Ft.Lauderdale to Miami and back more economically?

Thank you :)

You might want to consider a combination. Since you are arriving 2 days early, it might be advantageous to have a rental car to get around the region. So rent a car for 2 days and arrange to drop it in Ft Lauderdale (there is usually no extra charge for one-ways in Florida). Then when you return from your cruise you can take advantage of one of the low cost transfer services (like Super Shuttle) to get to the airport.

By the way, we assume you got a great deal on your flight to MIA. Because otherwise, you probably would have done well by using Southwest from Manchester to FLL...which also would get you lots of free checked luggage.

Hank

By the way, we assume you got a great deal on your flight to MIA. Because otherwise, you probably would have done well by using Southwest from Manchester to FLL...which also would get you lots of free checked luggage.

Hank

Sounds like they are flying into FLL & cruising from MIAMI

or am I confused

Hello,

We are flying into Ft.Lauderdale to meet the NCL Sky in Miami. We are coming in for 2 days pre-cruise.

Can you rent the car for a few days prior then drop off in Miami

either take the shuttle I think SAS goes to FLL airport after your cruise

A friend in NH just uses the shuttle both ways

The Florida forum will have more information

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Edited by LHT28

I have rented a car on both sides of the cruise more than a few times. It works out quite nicely and you do not need to worry about paying for parking the car.

Plus it is usually cheaper than having the car the whole time.

Check out doing that.

Also if the cruise is a long way away, then book the cars now, but keep checking the rates. They will most likely go down. For example my last cruise in October, the car rental for the day before the cruise went from $90 to $50 three weeks before my cruise.

Hello,

Car rental rates are looking like $320.00+ for a Saturday through the following Friday. I hate to spend that much for a day or so and our return to the airport when the rental will sit idle for 4 days and pay for parking on top of that.

Any suggestions/advice on how to get from Ft.Lauderdale to Miami and back more economically?

Do a one-way rental FLL to Miami, then return before you embark your cruise. Same thing on the return. I would never rent a car to then park it and pay for that parking during the cruise.

Sounds like they are flying into FLL & cruising from MIAMI

or am I confused

Hank and LHT28 - Yes, we are flying into FLL because leaving from MHT would have been almost $500 per ticket round trip! I was able to get JetBlue, for $280 round trip per ticket for the four of us from Boston.

Edited by familyfun4

• 2 weeks later...