Cruise 4 part documentary

starts on thursday 11/07

got this via e-mail :confused:

might be worth a look :cool:

Stevie

If you tune into ITV tomorrow night you may happen to spot 'The Cruise Ship'. Already a royal sensation following her naming by HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, now our superliner Royal Princess is all set to become a star of the small screen! Look out for ‘The Cruise Ship’, a new four-part documentary starting tomorrow at 8pm, on ITV†.

Filmed as Royal Princess sailed around the Caribbean, the show will feature unprecedented behind the scenes footage, giving an insight into what life is really like on board for the 1,600 crew members. Find out how the crew work together to provide guests with first-class customer service, and an amazing cruise experience.

†The Cruise Ship will not be aired on ITV in Scotland and Wales but viewers can watch via ITV Player.

OOOPPSS!!:o thank you Linda I had a hard day :rolleyes: Friday is indeed the 11TH

Stevie:)

Or to save confusion ... it's tonight ;)

Hope your keeping well matey :D

Or to save confusion ... it's tonight ;)

Hope your keeping well matey :D

Kalos

Do you mean tonight now or tomorrow night ?:confused:

my computer is on Rio time or something like that:cool:

hope u and yours are also ok :)

Stevie

My thoughts of what we saw of the ship ,is its a bit to big for us

or as some put it a floating crate:rolleyes: Having said that parts of it

have that Princess style built into it which we thought was very good

on the Crown Princess . Think the Crown is about as big as I would want to go on any ship.

Wish they had Made the program a two part and not little piddly half hour

slots. Oh well , until next Friday ;):)

My thoughts of what we saw of the ship ,is its a bit to big for us

or as some put it a floating crate:rolleyes: Having said that parts of it

have that Princess style built into it which we thought was very good

on the Crown Princess . Think the Crown is about as big as I would want to go on any ship.

Wish they had Made the program a two part and not little piddly half hour

slots. Oh well , until next Friday ;):)

Was it just me or did it seem a bit tacky?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was it just me or did it seem a bit tacky?

Can only speak of the ship we went on, the Crown ,very clean and high standards .

I know that ship is a tad too big for me and would not be booking the Royal Princess in the near future .

One mans poison and all that ;)

Edited by kalos

hhhmm ........ I feel the tv channel done this an un-justice. 25 mins (if that) was not long enough to explain the various departments and there various demands ............... I hope over the short series they may do better, and give us more of an insight ................. but already I doubt it !!!!!

I cant be bamboozled by people running around in circles, looking in distress, only for everything to be wonderful on the eleventh hour ............ these guys do this every day on every week ................. I don't doubt they work hard, but don't make it look like its all come together as a miracle !!!!!!!

I hope it isn't like the British Airways doc which was just one huge advertisement heavily edited.

Well that's part two over or 50% of the series :rolleyes:

Just as good Mrs Kalos and I have a few cruises under our belt because the likes of deputy Dan Cruise assistant Director....

If we had never been near a ship ,we would now be running for the hills far ,far away from any ships .

This series the way its going should bring the price off cruising down , which means us who know its not like that can book cheaper

cruises :cool:

They are making Thomson look like six star cruising ;):D

Edited by kalos

Absolutely agree. They are making Thomson look good! Nothing would induce me to sail Princess after tonight's episode. Desperate Dan is so up himself he cleans his teeth from the inside!!

How can they make it look so bad - and how did he get, and moreover keep, his job? Didn't it all look so tacky? We've said just the same as most other posters, if we didn't know better we'd never consider cruising having watched that. :rolleyes:

It's such a shame because we loved our Ruby Princess experience last year - they really do make you feel special. I was nervous about going on a big ship but it was wonderful. The TV program is a big mistake for them.

It's such a shame because we loved our Ruby Princess experience last year - they really do make you feel special. I was nervous about going on a big ship but it was wonderful. The TV program is a big mistake for them.

That's such a shame! I'm sure the passengers have a completely different take on the ship and their experiences. These documentary programmes through selective editing can make anything look so different from most people's perceptions.

Look at how they made FO look with that series - doesn't reflect what posters on here tell us. A narrow focus can only distort the impression of the whole. I wouldn't be put off travelling Princess on the basis of this although I do have reservations about such a large ship - but note that you did too jaceyar and you found it great. I suppose until you try it who knows whether you would like it or not.

But I do agree with others - cruise ship companies should be very wary of sanctioning such programmes unless they have complete editorial control. And if they did have control of this one - what possessed them to let it go out?

They are making Thomson look like six star cruising ;):D

kalos - you have been on Crown Princess haven't you? You know that Princess Cruises are not at all like they make them out to be on this programme. As Kruzseeka says, it is Fred.Olsen all over again :rolleyes:

Edited by CRUISIN LINDA

We had Sam as our cruise director when we did the Round Britain cruise on Crown Princess. She was lovely. Her ACD then was American (majority of the passengers were American) He was similar to Dan :rolleyes: He could not pronounce Edinburgh (kept saying Edinboro!)

After watching their morning broadcast, I said to her "How do you put up with him?" and she said "I kick him under the desk!"

But it was a good balance of fun and seriousness :)

kalos - you have been on Crown Princess haven't you? You know that Princess Cruises are not at all like they make them out to be on this programme. As Kruzseeka says, it is Fred.Olsen all over again :rolleyes:

Yes we have Linda and it was light years away from how this ship seems to be run .

We would go back on the Crown in a heart-beat given the chance as I'm sure you would given the chance :).

I would say the Crown Princess is about as big as I would like to go and feel the Royal Princess would be too big for us .

I was reading the other day that the Bosses of The Royal seem to think this film will pull the crowds in who will want

to sail on her :eek: ..

...I'm out :rolleyes: ;)

Edited by kalos

Yes we have Linda and it was light years away from how this ship seems to be run .

We would go back on the Crown in a heart-beat given the chance as I'm sure you would given the chance :).

I would say the Crown Princess is about as big as I would like to go and feel the Royal Princess would be too big for us .

I was reading the other day that the Bosses of The Royal seem to think this film will pull the crowds in who will want

to sail on her :eek: ..

...I'm out :rolleyes: ;)

I wouldn't want to sail on the big ships anyhow but I felt the daytime entertainment was awful -very 'tacky'. I expect any of my non-cruise friends watching that programme would really not understand why we do cruise holidays - to me it looked so 'holiday camp-ish'. Why do these production companies do is & why do the cruise lines participate in it?!?!