Waiting to hear from Carnival on Hurricane Irma....

Hi Guys

We are meant to be cruising to Cuba on Thursday 7th Sept 2017 on Carnival Paradise.

You might have heard about Hurricane Irma heading for Cuba and Florida.

We are still waiting to hear from Carnival about our cruise....

Where are you at the moment?

You would think that they would let people know what is happening or going to happen.

The hurricane is hitting Puerto Rico today so I imagine that you will be able to get out of Florida and get to Cuba and miss the brunt of the storm. I would expect high seas and bad weather though. Good luck.

Heres the latest as of now..

TRAVEL ALERTS

HURRICANE IRMA UPDATE

WEATHER UPDATE 9/06/2017 – 5:30 PM (EST)

https://www.carnival.com/travel-alerts.aspx

Carnival Paradise – September 7

Will depart from Tampa on Thursday, as scheduled. We are still evaluating the ability to call on Havana, as scheduled, and will notify our guests if any modifications are needed at embarkation tomorrow.

I did see a US report last night in front of an unknown ship that was going to depart a day earlier. It's very worrying. We were looking at a September 2018 cruise to the Caribbean and had even booked but cancelled a couple of weeks ago.

WOW...lets hope they dont meet up and join together..:eek:

Hi Guys

We are meant to be cruising to Cuba on Thursday 7th Sept 2017 on Carnival Paradise.

You might have heard about Hurricane Irma heading for Cuba and Florida.

We are still waiting to hear from Carnival about our cruise....

Good luck with it mate. You might learn a bit about it on the Cruise Critic - Carnival section. The Americans are discussing it quite a bit.:(

I did see a US report last night in front of an unknown ship that was going to depart a day earlier. It's very worrying. We were looking at a September 2018 cruise to the Caribbean and had even booked but cancelled a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, Aug-Sep always their risky season.

Like booking a cruise to south pacific in Feb-Mar.

I will blame autocorrect for the name change.

Friends in Miami have been posting photos of the feast they have cooked with all their perishables. They are considering evacuating, but are not in the highest priority zone.

Other news on the whole story is grim. Barbuda, StMartin/Marteens with enormous damage. Tracey level devastation. Some of the French island very heavily damaged.

Tampa, Florida

Any new or additional information? Yes, that Aug/Sept. period can be challenging for sailing in and around certain parts of the the Caribbean. And if Irma does not mess up schedule, what about that next hurricane?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 186,578 views for this posting.

I will blame autocorrect for the name change.

Friends in Miami have been posting photos of the feast they have cooked with all their perishables. They are considering evacuating, but are not in the highest priority zone.

Other news on the whole story is grim. Barbuda, StMartin/Marteens with enormous damage. Tracey level devastation. Some of the French island very heavily damaged.

Looks to be devastating and is yet to hit further islands and the mainland of course before it has a chance of petering out.

With every hour that carnival waits to tell us what our faith is another handful of customers is saying enough is enough I will never sell this line again

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would imagine that they are not the only line assessing what will or will not happen with their cruises. Communication is key and has never been the best thing that any of these companies can do. I hope you hear soon.

Here is some news.

Hurricane Irma is one of the worst storms on record in the Atlantic with wind speeds of over 360km/h, the storm is rapidly heading for South Florida.

Please see below for a list of cancelled voyages as of 07/09/17 at 22:19 AEST.

MSC Divina September 9

Carnival Liberty September 7

Carnival Victory September 8

Disney Fantasy September 9

Disney Dream September 8 and September 11

Royal Caribbean Empress of the Seas September 9

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas September 8

Royal Caribbean Enchantment of the Seas September 8

Norwegian Sky September 8

Norwegian Escape September 9

Cruise lines are in the process of issuing refunds while residents in Miami and South Florida prepare for potential evacuations.