Internet booking

Poppetsmum

I prefer to deal directly with the cruiseline anyway.. no middle man

not like you will find a huge deal elsewhere. TAs cannot discount the product at all. at best they offer a minor perk like On board credit or a bottle of wine in the room.

Sorry, the guidelines prohibit naming travel agents. However, it can pay to check around. Some provide perks like OBC or pre-paid gratuities. With some cruise lines, a TA can offer a substantial discount off the cruise line fare.

Depending on how last minute the decision is may make choosing between a travel agent, web based travel site, or booking the cruise line directly a mote point. If it's truly last minute your only choice may be to book direct with the cruise line. In some lines cases even they will not accept a booking if it's within 72 hours of departure.

Also booking last minute is not the bargain it used to be back in the days when you could go to the terminals and more or less book at the dock for any unsold cabin. On the 6 cruises that I have taken since the advent of self-booking on the internet I've noticed that the last 2 weeks of booking seem to run higher than the cabin rates that were previously offered.

I prefer to deal directly with the cruiseline anyway.. no middle man

not like you will find a huge deal elsewhere. TAs cannot discount the product at all. at best they offer a minor perk like On board credit or a bottle of wine in the room.

Not generally true, depending on the cruise line (might be true for RC). There are still discounts out there, and ways to find them.

Archived