Price watching

bones774

Im hunting for a deal sailing out of NY and using one of the online TA search engines. Find myself going back to the page too many times during the day. Is there any kinda of set time when the cruise lines change their prices? e.g. overnight, first thing in AM or end of day?

thanks

Im hunting for a deal sailing out of NY and using one of the online TA search engines. Find myself going back to the page too many times during the day. Is there any kinda of set time when the cruise lines change their prices? e.g. overnight, first thing in AM or end of day?

thanks

OP here, i should also add that i'm ready to go on a moments notice and live within 50 miles of the port.

I don't think there is any specific time. Yesterday I saw on NCL's website that my inside went down from $850 p.p to $800 and I checked again 1.5 hours later and it went down to $650.

I have heard that prices go down mostly after final payment date or 3-4 weeks before the sailing date.

Also might try the Cruise Fish website and use a few credits on sailings that you are eying on (Cruisetimetables might be a good help for selecting a NY cruise on a certain set of dates). Good luck!

Do not use Cruise Fish Website for NCL- it sends you false alerts every single day, total waste of money - I am siffering this watching the christmas/new year sailings of Getaway which I hope will fall in price as the premium 80% is ridiculous

Not sure what you are looking for, but 10/1 cruise to Bahamas on Breakaway out of NY just dropped inside guarantee (sailaway- no perks) to 399pp. Oceanview guarantee, again no perks, $449pp

I saw that and that's what i am looking for , no supplement. Except that i just got off Bway for 3rd time three weeks ago.

I'm watching the Gem to Quebec on 10/21, looks like soft sales and waiting for them to eliminate supplement.

thanks, appreciate

You can get an inside room for $399 on the Breakaway right now for Oct. 1. Solo rate without the supplement. About as low as prices get.

Im gonna monitor that for the next few days, but i prefer the 10/21 Gem sailing to Quebec. Also highly reduced but as of now still a single supplement.

thanks

I have found there is no system in figuring out when prices drop. We booked our back2back in an ocean view in Feb. In less than a month the the price dropped for the first cruise and a balcony was $50 cheaper than the ocean view. So we switched to a balcony for both. A few weeks later the the price dropped $450 for the second cruise. We rebooked. We went from $200 on board to $100 on board credit but we felt the $450 saving was worth it. We were able to keep all our other perks on both cruise.

I check the website often until I get a price I can live with. I do the same for air fare. This year we got round trip airfare from the Midwest to Barcelona for $370 per person direct from the airline's website no discount site.

I call myself an internet stalker when it comes to saving a $. It works for us. Others may not want to put in the time and that's OK for them.