Info/tricks/tips on an inside cabin?

dkc1973

We like the 4J class cabin. An interior with an obstructed view window or walkway. They are at the front of many of the ships. They are also larger than regular interior cabins.

I'm thinking of booking a 4J on glory, I thought it looked bigger than an inside. The layout of the bed seemed to be better.

I'm thinking of booking a 4J on glory, I thought it looked bigger than an inside. The layout of the bed seemed to be better.

Yes bigger and more square. Just watch out to not book a modified cabin if you don't need one. Some of them are modified for disabled cruisers. Carnival website has ADA maps for each ship at http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx

The best one we've had is 9201 on the Magic

Edited by drosphot

1.)

2.)Bring magnetic hooks to use as magnets ( for putting papers up like fun times) Or command type hooks for hanging a bag,purse,jacket. (Walls are magnetic.) also An over the door type hanger for bathroom as no counter space really or shoe organizer.

3.)small purse size flashlight

4.)use storage space under bed for luggage

I agree with all of the above! We used the magnetic clips to hold our hats on the wall.

As for the discussion on cabin size...we were in one of the "sideways" cabins on the Glory. (We just got home a few days ago.) I'm not sure it had any extra square footage, but it just seemed roomier than the standard inside cabin due to the difference in layout. I posted some photos from our cabin on another thread Sideways Cabin Photos so you can take a look if you would like.

There are only a few of these cabins on the Conquest class ships. We had booked a guarantee inside so didn't choose the cabin ourselves...but in the future I wouldn't hesitate to book one again.

There are a set of square inside cabins on an interior hall on deck 6 midship that feel so spacious. We had them on Magic and have booked it on the Freedom for May. Just hope they feel the same. The interior hallway is just used by those who have cabins there so it's also pretty quiet.

I found that I slept only a bit more than normal, but man I slept great.

Almost went for an interior again just because of how nice and dark it gets.

You can snooze after lunch like it was Midnight! ;)

Take a small flashlight with you.

Take two. One for each person, each side of the bed.

I have stayed in an inside room and a balcony room on the same deck.

The balcony rooms are without a doubt larger, because of the room for the couch.

Even larger are Ocean View cabins on lower decks

(the ones with the big, sealed picture window).

How come?

Because the space used as balcony(on upper decks)

gets included into the cabin itself. :)

I've only stayed in interior or porthole cabins - and usually with three or four of us per cabin. Storing luggage under the beds is a must! We've left suitcases out in the past and it makes the interior more cramped. We finally caught on and I remarked, "Wow, this cabin seems a lot bigger". My friend replied that our "suitcases are underneath the beds this time".

I also got into the habit of bringing a digital clock. It not only helps us with the time, but serves a nightlight in otherwise pitch black cabins at night. I usually place the clock on the same shelf as the television so that we can all see the time.

In think interiors "force" you to be out and about more, which isn't a bad thing. I am usually only in the cabin when sleeping, preparing for an excursion, or getting ready for dinner.

Which ship have the cabins with magnetic walls? All the ones I've been on they are not just the ceilings.

The walls don't LOOK like they would be magnetic, but they are. Here is a photo I took last week on the Glory. We used magnetic clips to hold our hats. When we were on a Princess cruise to Alaska, we used the same clips to hold a giant map on the wall to chart our location. (BTW...this is the "sideways" cabin I mentioned in one of the posts above.)

IMG_0354.JPG

I spent my first 5 cruises in an interior, so I feel like I have some knowledge that you might need.

Make sure to un-pack on the first day. Staying organized and tidy is the key to my happiness. I like having everything put away (suitcases under the bed but accessible in case I need them.) I used to travel with a toddler and had to bring an inflatable bathtub, baby soaps, diapers, wet wipes, etc... It was a pain in the butt, but we have some righteous cruise memories.

I now make room for crayons, dolls, and Barbie crap. We bring magnetic hooks and/or Command hooks to keep hats and swimwear out of the floor.

Just keep organized and the room won't feel so small. We've also changed the beds into an "L" formation for more room. My 2nd is now 5 and a 1/2 (the half is IMPORTANT) and we still need a nightlight. My compromise is the ship "bow cam" because it lights it up enough for her without keeping me (Mom) awake.

The walls don't LOOK like they would be magnetic, but they are. Here is a photo I took last week on the Glory. We used magnetic clips to hold our hats. When we were on a Princess cruise to Alaska, we used the same clips to hold a giant map on the wall to chart our location. (BTW...this is the "sideways" cabin I mentioned in one of the posts above.)

IMG_0354.JPG

There's a heck of a lot more room than what I've been in. I'm jealous.

I spent my first 5 cruises in an interior, so I feel like I have some knowledge that you might need.

Make sure to un-pack on the first day. Staying organized and tidy is the key to my happiness. I like having everything put away (suitcases under the bed but accessible in case I need them.) I used to travel with a toddler and had to bring an inflatable bathtub, baby soaps, diapers, wet wipes, etc... It was a pain in the butt, but we have some righteous cruise memories.

I now make room for crayons, dolls, and Barbie crap. We bring magnetic hooks and/or Command hooks to keep hats and swimwear out of the floor.

Just keep organized and the room won't feel so small. We've also changed the beds into an "L" formation for more room. My 2nd is now 5 and a 1/2 (the half is IMPORTANT) and we still need a nightlight. My compromise is the ship "bow cam" because it lights it up enough for her without keeping me (Mom) awake.

ImageUploadedByForums1426902570.957865.jpg.3bcbadffd182ef54f004e4ee59affc08.jpg

It felt quite roomy as there was much more floor space.

I vote for the battery powered candles. I got packs of two or three tea light size from the dollar store. Use just one at a time until they die and toss them when they die. Turn off during the day. It made the perfect amount of light. Enough that you could see where you needed to go, but not too much that it woke you all the way up!

http://www.dollartree.com/household/home-decor/candles-candleholders/Luminessence-LED-Tealight-Candles-2-ct-Packs/500c542c544p342872/index.pro?method=search