Cruise from the U.S/Europe to Australia/New Zealand?

Extra Kim

What options do we have if we want to do a cruise from the U.S or Europe to Australia and/or New Zealand in 2015 or 2016?

There´s a lot of cruiselines out there and I find it hard to get an overveiw.

Silver Sea and Crystal are out of our pricerange.

I´m hoping to get answers about specific cruises, not "look at Royal or HAL" or similar answers.

Thanks.

Radiance cruises from Alaska in September each year

Celebrity has one same time does same run and Hal also

All sept or ictober.

Cunard have the world cruises on Elizabeth vichoria and mary leaving Southampton and or New York la and San Fran in jab through late feb depending which port

All start in uk

Apart from Oriana and Arcadia on world cruises that is about all your choices

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

35 day Jan 5, 2015 Fort Lauderdale, FL Sydney, Australia Holland America / Amsterdam

58 day Sep 23, 2015 Vancouver, BC, Canada Sydney, Australia Holland America / Volendam

I found these using an online travel agency. I am sure there are more, but there are only so many specifics I am willing to look up for you.

The bottom line is that a Transpacific cruise takes a lot of time, and the cruise will be full of retirees. Quite a few ships will reposition to Australia/NZ in the fall and then relocate back to the USA in the spring. For example, we are taking the Oosterdam from Seattle to Auckland at the end of September. But it is a 38 day cruise so one needs to have the time. Some ships will do the crossing in less time, but we are still talking weeks.

Hank

You can cruise from Hawaii via Tahititi, Bora Bora to Sydney, have a feeling it is via NZ.

I recall looking enviously at this cruise but couldn't tag it onto our already 6 weeks abroad holiday.

Can't recall cruiseline, but there are lots of cruise websites you can search for your desired cruises.

Happy cruising.

You can cruise from Hawaii via Tahititi, Bora Bora to Sydney, have a feeling it is via NZ.

I recall looking enviously at this cruise but couldn't tag it onto our already 6 weeks abroad holiday.

Can't recall cruiseline, but there are lots of cruise websites you can search for your desired cruises.

Happy cruising.

That is royal celebrity and Hal in sept

Each year plus Cunard in feb each year

We did Hawaii (Honolulu) to Sydney last year on the Celebrity Solstice at the start of October. It was 19 nights and stopped at Maui, Papeete, Bora Bora, Moorea, Auckland and Bay of Islands. The cruise before this one was Esenada to Hawaii over 11 nights I think. This year and future years I believe it will leave from Vancouver instead. RCI also does 2 similar trips with the Radiance and Rapsody, with the second one going via Fiji and Samoa instead of French Polynesia and NZ.

There is also a cruise next May on the new Quantum of the seas which is going from New Jersey to Shanghai, with 5 different legs you can book. You could do Barcelona to Singapore and then it's only a 6 hour flight from there to Sydney.

We did Hawaii (Honolulu) to Sydney last year on the Celebrity Solstice at the start of October. It was 19 nights and stopped at Maui, Papeete, Bora Bora, Moorea, Auckland and Bay of Islands. The cruise before this one was Esenada to Hawaii over 11 nights I think. This year and future years I believe it will leave from Vancouver instead. RCI also does 2 similar trips with the Radiance and Rapsody, with the second one going via Fiji and Samoa instead of French Polynesia and NZ.

There is also a cruise next May on the new Quantum of the seas which is going from New Jersey to Shanghai, with 5 different legs you can book. You could do Barcelona to Singapore and then it's only a 6 hour flight from there to Sydney.

More than six hours nearly nine

After she does Alaska cruises, Celebrity's Solstice repositions to Australia to cruise in that area from late September through early April. For this, you'll have to book 2 separate cruises, one 12 day from Vancouver and the next cruise, a 17 day from Hawaii to Sydney.

From Berlitz, next year's world cruises, which presumably will call at Aus and NZ are:

Jan-HAL from F.L.

P&O - Both Arcadia and Aurora from Southampton

Fred Olsen - Both Balmoral and Black Watch- S'ton

Cunard- all 3 Queens from S'ton

Costa- one in Jan, one in March, from Savona

There's also a Princess one from Sydney, and then the more expensive ones.

Sectors of various lengths can be bought.