Le Champagne reservation changed

jongbj

Hi,

We're about 14 days away from sailing on the Silver Spirit, our first SilverSea experience. As we thought that Le Champagne may be difficult to get in to, we reserved 2 nights on the day the reservations opened.

I just checked the activities page in MySilverSea and both reservations changed to something like: "your activity may have changed, ask the maitre'd when on board".

Our other restaurant reservations remained unchanged.

Does anyone know what could have happened, I would really be disappointed if we were to miss out on Le Champagne.

Also, I really don't feel like standing in line for over an hour just to get what I reserved months ago.

Thanks

Boudewijn

Hi/Dag Jongbj,

Since 2006 when we first sailed with Silversea we have had reservations (most in advance, some made on board) in Le Champagne every sailing. Suggest once you board and get your suite card after going through security/check in, head to The Restaurant or Le Champagne and verify all your online reservations with the M'd who is handling this. You maybe able to even make a second ressie at the Pool Grill, La Terraza et. al. Good luck and pls let us know how you like LC and have a wonderful Spirit voyage too.

Edited by WesW

We're about 14 days away from sailing on the Silver Spirit, our first SilverSea experience. As we thought that Le Champagne may be difficult to get in to, we reserved 2 nights on the day the reservations opened.

I just checked the activities page in MySilverSea and both reservations changed to something like: "your activity may have changed, ask the maitre'd when on board". Boudewijn

After reading your post, I went to the "My Silversea" web connection. We are getting ready for a Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo back-to-back sailing on the Silver Cloud. I made a Le Champagne booking for us on Feb. 8, 2015 with no problems or questions. We'll see in the coming weeks if any changes happen.

Good luck with your Silver Spirit sailing. Report back here on these Cruise Critic boards about your experiences, what you loved most, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day , Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 86,773 views for this posting.

We are sailing on the spirit on the 12th December and this has also happened to one of our bookings in the supper club. This restaurant along with le champagne have gone from having full availability to none. I do not think the ship is very full as it is before Xmas. I wonder if they are closing these restaurants for some of the cruise?

They typically don't close the specialty restaurants/not serve for parts of the cruise. What has happened is that in all likelihood the restaurant is being used for a private function. This happened to us on our last cruise and they simply moved us to another night. I would suggest that as soon as you board (assuming everyone is on the Spirit) go to Stars with a copy of your bookings and confirm/adjust your reservations. This is typically where they do reservations on the Spirit, but you can confirm that with the front desk when you check in. Usually there is no problem getting into Stars Supper Club on any night.

We have sailed many times before Christmas and the cruise is always fuller than we thought it would be! :)

Mmm, private functions. That would suck.

Especially since we have 2 reservations on our B2B (one on each segment) and it happened to both reservations at LC.

(We don't do stars).

In the cruise, the first 12 days, LC is on 'unavailable' after that, it is on 'waitlisted'. Same for a different period at Stars and Seishin.

I almost get the impression they will be doing some remodeling at these restaurants as they seem to be unavailable for a number of consecutive days.

Hi Terry, our reservation stood firm until 14 days prior to sailing, that's why we asked.

Herman The Cat: They typically don't close the specialty restaurants/not serve for parts of the cruise. What has happened is that in all likelihood the restaurant is being used for a private function.

jongbj: Key West has free internet at the dock' date=' I found a place in the port in Jamaica that will have it (maybe need to buy a beer ) [/quote']

Appreciate this "heads-up" on potential private parties in this dining location. Since we'll be on the Silver Cloud for 26 days, we are fairly flexible if things need to be adjusted around with our scheduled time at Le Champagne. Good to ask about and/or have our Butler do the confirming and checking when we get on the ship to make sure that these advance reservations still work out fine.

On seeking "free" Internet access while in port, here is an added factor to consider. Your time is of value, especially while in many ports. Time spent doing e-mail, web postings, surfing, etc., there means less time to explore and enjoy these ports. Paying for ship Internet time costs some money, but there is a trade-off to consider on the "value" for taking away from your time in port, what to do there, etc. Personally, I'd rather do most of my web work on the ship during "off hours" rather than short that valuable port time.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 164,464 views. Appreciate the interest and follow-up questions/comments!!

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

I would never answer emails while in port but it is practical to download all the emails so I can read them while back on the ship.

Part of going on vacation for me is to 'not work'. Having internet on board would make that quite difficult as I know I would try to stay informed and answer all the emails I would get. Also, the work-front would know I'd be available and keep reaching out to me. By only having a few moments of download time, I will not answer all emails and can selectively choose which emails to respond to.

My vacation should be a significant interruption of my 7 day work week :) .

But enough off-topic now, let's get back to the odd changes in LC reservations.

jongbj: Like you, we're on the b2b for 12/4 and 12/12. We've only made reservations at The Grill and LT. Since we have friends joining us on the 12/12 cruise we thought we'd go to LC and Stars on that one. Interesting that the reservations are closed. I guess we'll just wait until we get on board and see what we can do. Thanks for the heads up.

Jaci

I wonder if the problem may be a glitch due to an old schedule. We have a printout of Silversea cruises scheduled through 2014 which we received while on a Cloud Amazon cruise in late 2012. That old schedule shows the Spirit in dry dock December 4-12, 2014. Maybe that old schedule, obviously changed since then, has caused a glitch in the restaurant reservation availability on line for your cruise. I'd suggest inquiring with Silversea directly or through your travel agent.

We have had Internet reservations changed at the last minute and on each occasion it has been down to last minute groups chartering ships way below capacity and then taking over restaurants and other facilities,eg Panorama lounge,for private functions.Hope this is not the case on this occasion as it can be annoying to regular SS clients!

We have had Internet reservations changed at the last minute and on each occasion it has been down to last minute groups chartering ships way below capacity and then taking over restaurants and other facilities,eg Panorama lounge,for private functions.Hope this is not the case on this occasion as it can be annoying to regular SS clients!

That really sucks, but its way better than having part of your b2b cruise cancelled on you.

• 2 weeks later...

We boarded yesterday and went to see the Maitre'D immediatly. It seems our reservation was moved from early to middle (8PM), which is to late for us. He suggested we keep it and see if someone would cancel. When we indicated that even if we did, we would never show up for an 8PM slot, a 7:15PM slot opened suddely. So we got that one and are very happy with it.

Our other reservations are set for 7PM so everything seems to have worked out.

Thanks for your answers and supprt.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met behulp van Forums