Navigator next dry dock?

I see there are no cruises currently listed for Jan. 2019 on NV. Is that her next dry dock? I believe she was refurbed Jan. of '14, so the timing is right. Wondering if she will be refitted with a suite lounge as Liberty was. Any info? And what about the current cigar smoking area(forget what it's called) outside the forward lounge on deck 5?

I see there are no cruises currently listed for Jan. 2019 on NV. Is that her next dry dock? I believe she was refurbed Jan. of '14, so the timing is right. Wondering if she will be refitted with a suite lounge as Liberty was. Any info? And what about the current cigar smoking area(forget what it's called) outside the forward lounge on deck 5?

Next scheduled is 2018 what I read but could be 2019 as thats the 5 yrs that usually done. If it's only 2-3 weeks they'll only do the Dry Dock Marine Side only, longer and might do changes. http://www.cruisemapper.com/wiki/767-cruise-ship-refurbishment-dry-dock-schedule

Since it is out for the entire month, I am thinking maybe a suite lounge is in the mix. They can't add anymore cabins, surely! And a flow-rider? Or did they add that in 2014? Can't remember tho' I sailed on her out of Galveston a lot of times. Been on too many other cruises since then to recall.

Since it is out for the entire month, I am thinking maybe a suite lounge is in the mix. They can't add anymore cabins, surely! And a flow-rider? Or did they add that in 2014? Can't remember tho' I sailed on her out of Galveston a lot of times. Been on too many other cruises since then to recall.

Please, don't give them a challenge!:eek:

When the 2019 schedule expanded some I noticed the Navigator off the schedule for all of January and returning Feb. 10th. Also noted the cheap rates. They had insides starting at 308$ for a 5 night. Anyway I called the lady I book with at royal and she had no idea what was up with Jan but did the math and figured it was the next dry dock. She was sure they weren't hauling cattle to south America or a month long Osmond family cruise. When all was said and done I booked a jr suite on the hump with insurance for 1700$ total. Thought this was an excellent deal as I'm chasing points. The prices have gone up since then but still very reasonable and I'm looking forward to being on a newly refurbed ship

When the 2019 schedule expanded some I noticed the Navigator off the schedule for all of January and returning Feb. 10th. Also noted the cheap rates. They had insides starting at 308$ for a 5 night. Anyway I called the lady I book with at royal and she had no idea what was up with Jan but did the math and figured it was the next dry dock. She was sure they weren't hauling cattle to south America or a month long Osmond family cruise. When all was said and done I booked a jr suite on the hump with insurance for 1700$ total. Thought this was an excellent deal as I'm chasing points. The prices have gone up since then but still very reasonable and I'm looking forward to being on a newly refurbed ship

I'm curious what dates that was for. We usually stay in inside cabins but would be interested in looking at a Jr. Suite for a similar price as what you stated. Thanks.

• 6 months later...
  • 8 months later...

I am getting married on Navigator of the Seas in April 2019. We chose that ship because of the updates being made to it early 2019. Through booking the wedding, I know for sure the chapel is going away. Maybe that is where the suite lounge will go? Anyway, can't wait to see the ship in April! I've only been on Oasis (awesome) and I would love it if Navigator got some waterslides :p:p:p:)

I am getting married on Navigator of the Seas in April 2019. We chose that ship because of the updates being made to it early 2019. Through booking the wedding, I know for sure the chapel is going away. Maybe that is where the suite lounge will go? Anyway, can't wait to see the ship in April! I've only been on Oasis (awesome) and I would love it if Navigator got some waterslides :p:p:p:)

That will be interesting. The Suite Lounge has been going to where Izumi is now. I doubt they will use the chapel, too small and too hard for people to get up to that level.

Through booking the wedding, I know for sure the chapel is going away. Maybe that is where the suite lounge will go? :p:p:p:)

Very likely they will do as on Mariner and put an Escape room there.

Biker, who hung out in the chapel to escape the madness of the DL below.

Congratulations!! What is your wedding date? My son is also getting married on NV in April :)

That’s awesome my son is getting married on the 20th. They met on the NV on Same date in 2014. So it will 5 yrs to the day and same ship and same room they met in for their wedding. ❤️

Oh my gosh, what a romantic story to have!! Best wishes to your son and his fiance :)