Phone call from NCL

I received a phone call from NCL Corporate regarding the email I sent to them last night. My inquiry was concerning the article Cruise Critic published. As stated on another thread, I received an email from them earlier ... and now the phone call. No food is allowed to be removed from the restaurants to take back to your cabin. That portion of the article is accurate. However, you can still get your food from the buffet and eat outside by the pool - not a problem at all with doing that.

Pretty impressed that I received a response via email and now by phone call.

I received a phone call from NCL Corporate regarding the email I sent to them last night. My inquiry was concerning the article Cruise Critic published. As stated on another thread, I received an email from them earlier ... and now the phone call. No food is allowed to be removed from the restaurants to take back to your cabin. That portion of the article is accurate. However, you can still get your food from the buffet and eat outside by the pool - not a problem at all with doing that.

Thanks for getting and sharing this information!

Thanks for taking the initiative to contact them directly.

::sigh:: I never have room for dessert! I always take it back to the cabin for my midnight snack (Hey, I'm used to the old midnight buffets so I eat my dessert at midnight!)

So........

I'm going to start with dessert first on my next cruise! :)

Harriet

What do you think is the real reason they have instituted this new policy?

Everything a cruise line does traces back to money. Do they think people will help themselves to less food if they cannot take it to their cabins? Or is it all about the new Room Service Fee, or both?

She flat out said you cannot take it to your cabin.

So to sum up, no food may be taken from restaurants or the buffet and back to the room. But food from the buffet maybe consumed outside on that deck. Is that correct?

I definitely did not say what I was thinking~~DUH. But this statement:

No food is allowed to be removed from the restaurants to take back to your cabin.

Do you think restaurants and the buffet is a gray area? :confused:

So to sum up, no food may be taken from restaurants or the buffet and back to the room. But food from the buffet maybe consumed outside on that deck. Is that correct?

That is exactly what she told me, yes. Buffet food may be consumed on the pool deck.

Everything a cruise line does traces back to money. Do they think people will help themselves to less food if they cannot take it to their cabins? Or is it all about the new Room Service Fee, or both?

All about money..It appears they want all these new policies in place for the by summer,that's when ships sail at the highest capacity.

I definitely did not say what I was thinking~~DUH. But this statement:

No food is allowed to be removed from the restaurants to take back to your cabin.

Do you think restaurants and the buffet is a gray area? :confused:

Food may not be removed from any restaurant. Food may not be brought back to your cabin. Food may be removed from the buffet to consume on the pool deck. It's black and white. No gray at all.

Maybe its about the dirty plates and food all over the elevators and staircases, it can be disgusting.

I have a very good friend who got off the BA last week and said they would not allow them to take their leftovers from La Cuchina but they did send them to the room for her, NO FEE involved. So maybe they just are trying to avoid having food everywhere on the ship.

Maybe its about the dirty plates and food all over the elevators and staircases, it can be disgusting.

I have a very good friend who got off the BA last week and said they would not allow them to take their leftovers from La Cuchina but they did send them to the room for her, NO FEE involved. So maybe they just are trying to avoid having food everywhere on the ship.

Was your friend in a suite?

18 cruises and I have never seen dirty plates and food in elevators or on staircases.

Lois

18 cruises and I have never seen dirty plates and food in elevators or on staircases.

Lois

You are lucky then. I have seen bar glasses and dishes left in the public restrooms. I wonder how some of these folks live?

Fantastic thanks for contacting them for clarification and I do have to say fair play to them for the prompt response

No she was not in a suite. And maybe it was just a very nice waiter or manager. But obviously there are going to be a lot of exceptions to this rule.
Good to know, thank you, since all other reports were from folks in suites. I also think it has a lot to do with how one asks and how they have treated the staff in the restaurant.

Lois

I've never seen anything left in elevators but the trash cans in the elevator lobby seem to be a popular spot to leave plates or glasses.