Grandure of the Seas

Deenie33

Grandeur had a revitalization dry dock back in 2012. Here are the changes from the dry dock:

Outdoor movie screen

Centrum aerial entertainment

R Bar

Updated Viking Crown Lounge

Park Café

Chef’s Table

Chops Grille

Giovanni’s Table

Izumi Asian Cuisine

Digital Signage

Pervasive Wi-Fi

Flat-screen TVs

New staterooms

Refreshed staterooms

New Family Suite

Concierge Club

Diamond Club

Nursery

Bob~ When I saw your list of updates my first reaction was, how do you know so much about the Grandeur....then I saw how many "past cruises" you have been on . . . WOW! I want to be like you!!! It all looks wonderful....can't wait to see the Centrum show, Digital signage and the the new suits just for starters!!!! We only have 5 cruises under our belt, not counting the one coming up. But I recommend that with your cruise experience that you should do a few more on Celebrity. RCI is great and Celebrity is great as well! I have never been more blown away then the glass blowing on the "lawn" of the Celebrity Equinox. And the service was outstanding. Thanks for the info....I can't wait to get on board!!!!

Bob~ When I saw your list of updates my first reaction was, how do you know so much about the Grandeur....then I saw how many "past cruises" you have been on . . . WOW! I want to be like you!!! It all looks wonderful....can't wait to see the Centrum show, Digital signage and the the new suits just for starters!!!! We only have 5 cruises under our belt, not counting the one coming up. But I recommend that with your cruise experience that you should do a few more on Celebrity. RCI is great and Celebrity is great as well! I have never been more blown away then the glass blowing on the "lawn" of the Celebrity Equinox. And the service was outstanding. Thanks for the info....I can't wait to get on board!!!!

Bob is the man that RCI reps come to when they can't answer a question ;).

We were on Grandeur last year - post fire, and will be on her again in a few weeks for Thanksgiving. Beautiful ship and great crew. Have not tried Celebrity yet - maybe when our son is a bit older.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Just got back from a Grandeur cruise. Agree with most of what the "expert" says, but liked the old Viking Crown rather than the new configuration. Agree that Celebrity will be our newest "go to". :D

Edited by biomedbob

My wife & I have been on GOS 10 times. we did a B2B last NOv.& DEc. The improvements were wonderful. The Diamond Lounge was as nice as CL. We are doing a B@B again this year. 11-29-14 & 12-9-14. Yes GOS is an older ship; but has a lot to offer.

On this forum, find the thread "New Grandeur of the Seas daily Vlog.........", its on page 5 right now. This is a series of interesting 10 min port videos, and at the end of each is a tour of an area of the ship.

How would we find this.... Do we have to search through all of the threads?

About to go on the Grandeur of the Seas . . . I hear that it has been re- vampted after a fire (?) I was on the Old Grandeur and loved it....What are ppl saying about the new Grandeur? Is it that much different?

all she got was a new paint job and carpeting, there was no major changes to her overall layout

Thanks everyone for all the good info and the Utube videos!

hshowalter . . . we will be on the GOS Nov 29th too! . . .no B2B though....hope to do that one day. I am really looking forward to this trip. R&R, entertainment, site seeing, being pampered . . . what could be wrong with that? NOTHING.

Thanks everyone for all the good info and the Utube videos!

hshowalter . . . we will be on the GOS Nov 29th too! . . .no B2B though....hope to do that one day. I am really looking forward to this trip. R&R, entertainment, site seeing, being pampered . . . what could be wrong with that? NOTHING.

Come over and join us on the roll call for Nov.29th, if you haven't already.

Here's the link for the roll call:

NOV 29, 2014 Grandeur - Cruise Critic Message Board Forums

The roll call isn't real active, but might get so in the next couple weeks. I am leaving tomorrow for Baltimore and the Grandeur on Saturday. Will be back Nov.11th. Just enough time to unpack, do the laundry and start packing for Nov.29th. November will go super fast for me. Then add Thanksgiving in there too.....:eek:

Gwen :)