Upgrade Fairy

SDadw01

We are on the Azura at the end of the month, one of the cabins in our party was upgraded last week, nothing for the rest of us though. Last year on Princess we had 2 cabin upgrades in the last few weeks before travel from

an inside to a balcony so they can literally happen anytime. Even know of some that have happened at check in.

Veering slightly onto the grass.

Is there now an expectation that if one has paid a select fare, you will get upgraded.

I guess if you book a grade/cabin where there are lots of them on the ship, and its a cruise that is repeated lots of times(western med/fjords) there is more of a chance.

Our next cruise is a once/twice a year one and all of our grade is totally sold out 4 months in advance-so I guess even if I cross all my fingers and toes the upgrade fairy will not pay me a visit,or probably anyone else booking the same grade.

Probably because P and O have stated select fares get upgraded first.:eek:.

But only if there are cabins to upgrade too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Which is what I was trying to get at...the perception that if you have paid a select fare you WILL get upgraded, when if there is not a grade to upgrade you to-you will not.

I have sailed many times with P and O and all of them apart from two were full price paid for a year in advance. I have only had one upgrade (inside to mid inside) which was the noisiest cabin ever. So I am not holding my breath. My interest is in whether P and O upgrade the late bookers as has happened in the past or the full paying passenger as they have promised.

Well we booked a year ago because we wanted this particular cruise with friends met on previous cruises.

Had upgrades before, but never two. And never a mini suite! Staying in Southampton tonight before boarding tomorrow. So excited!

Well we booked a year ago because we wanted this particular cruise with friends met on previous cruises.

Had upgrades before, but never two. And never a mini suite! Staying in Southampton tonight before boarding tomorrow. So excited!

Have a fab cruise.:cool:

We had an email today headed "booking confirmation"......funny thought I, booked a year ago....but this confirmation showed we had been upgraded on Arcadia from mini suite to suite. Sailing one week today. Just down the corridor from the original. We had an upgrade last cruise in May on Azura from one grade to another, two doors away! Next week is just a three nighter so I think we will be staying on board to enjoy the facilities!

Sent from my iPad using Forums