First-time warm weather cruiser

buckirj1

Despite being an experienced cruiser, I have taken only one warm-weather cruise, to Bermuda. I liked Bermuda, but it was very hot and humid when I visited in mid-October some years ago. I'm considering broadening my horizons with a short (no more than 5-days) cruise to either the Bahamas or the Caribbean. I'm not fussy about ports, because I'm sure it'll be too hot for me to leave the ship, but I thought I'd ask which itinerary is likely to have cooler weather. I'm guessing the colder the weather in the mid-Atlantic, the colder the weather in the Bahamas or Caribbean. Thanks for any advice.

I've been to the Bahamas a number of times in December. The weather has been warm but not hot. The further south in the Caribbean the hotter it will be year round so I would stick with the Bahamas for more moderate temperatures.

Bermuda is NOT the Caribbean....it's weather is affected by the Gulf Stream.... The Bahamas and Bermuda are in the Atlantic...US weather does affect them.

Weather in the Caribbean is pretty much the same year round...mid-70's to mid-80's....more humid in the summer.

You may prefer spring, rather than fall, when the humidity hasn't gotten too bad yet....

One of the great pleasures of visiting the Caribbean islands is the wonderful breeze. Yes, they can be hot and humid but there is always a wonderful refreshing breeze.

There are also trips off the boat to see mountains, waterfalls, plantations. Places with slightly cooler mountain air as well as interesting sights and wonderful welcoming locals.

Coming from the UK we are not used to red hot weather but we have always enjoyed the Caribbean- even when we have had torrential downpours. Don't let your worry of it being too hot prevent you from exploring and enjoying.

I honestly suggest you go back and look at two things. Pick times with lowest rainfall (lower humidity) then really look at the ports and think about where you want to visit.